Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BATFE confiscated guns

Carlos

wow...

couple of my favorites..

post-627-1202345125.jpg

post-627-1202345140.jpg

I hung out with the ATF guys in CO Springs a bit. They have a Perezi (sp) competition shotgun (estimated at around $65k) in their evidence last I checked. Some A-hole stole it out of an Olympic shooters truck in TX, and they recovered it in the springs. It will be returned after the thief's hearing. That poor olympic shooter did nothing wrong, and now is/was trying to set himself up for a good showing and doesn't have his custom made gun to shoot with... Now that's truely sad.

BTW, they had crates of SKSs, cut down mossbergs, Jennings, and Brycos... They even had an old timer single stack with comp'ed barrel in there.

Man, do those guys have some stories...

I hung out with the ATF guys in CO Springs a bit. They have a Perezi (sp) competition shotgun (estimated at around $65k) in their evidence last I checked. Some A-hole stole it out of an Olympic shooters truck in TX, and they recovered it in the springs. It will be returned after the thief's hearing. That poor olympic shooter did nothing wrong, and now is/was trying to set himself up for a good showing and doesn't have his custom made gun to shoot with... Now that's truely sad.

BTW, they had crates of SKSs, cut down mossbergs, Jennings, and Brycos... They even had an old timer single stack with comp'ed barrel in there.

Man, do those guys have some stories...

Last time I was in their gun locker they had this pristine Browning BAR standing in a barrel of guns..it was sweet.

I hope someone there has enough knowledge to know the historical significance of some of those guns and can get them 'legal' again to be put into a museum somewhere, it would be truly sad to have some of those guns locked up until they are destroyed.....

For the guns that can be put back into circulation (with appropriate permits/tax stamps/etc where applicable) I think they should auction them off, there is enough just shown in the pictures to put a hell of a dent in their annual budget!!!

Shiny chrome MP5. Pimptastic!

Shiny!

If you looke at the magwell it's too big for a 9mm mag, I think it's an HK 33.

Could be, could be. Good eye. I was too overwhelmed by the ghetto fabulousness of the gun. It just needs diamond encrusted grips now. :D

Imagine working there, knowing your guns and having to decide what to melt down and what to keep when the room is full.........

I guess that BATFE only holds the guns until a person has been tried in court and then scraps the illegal ones and returns legal guns to legally qualified owners?

Or is everything in there "melt down" candidates?

Damn Im speechless!!!! There is a lot of hardware and history in that room. I would love to go in a just ogle and let my mouth water.

Ive got to point out , The guy holding the M-16 in the earlier post, did anyone notice that he is wearing a FN shirt?

Is he BATF or an employee of Fabriqe National?

Just wondering!

Jeff

Y'know, after looking at all those weapons I somehow think that they are not the ones that you'll find going to the incinerator. Almost all were of significant historical value. Some were prototypes of weapons that were not produced, and some were research weapons. (As evident by cut away barrel shrouds and that one that looked alot like the M-16 they used for operation demonstration at Army basic.)

I saw several versions of some things like the MP-5, no not the HK 33 but the MP5 with the longer barrel like they were originally made. Were those MP40s or 38's? I thought the 40's had the funny reciever for the side-by-side magazines. Maybe that was the 38. I always thought that was a cool idea!

And the mortars and recoiless rifles! I was a combat engineer for the lightfighters before they got rid of the 90mm recoiless. Talk about a pain in the neck, try carrying that through the jungle in the canal zone. That was a MF'er!

That brings back memories of my Great-Grandfather's gun shop when I was little. his name was Carl Woodhouse and he had hundreds of rifles and even BAR's and Thompsons in his shop when I was little. Too bad most of it burned up in a fire after we moved him back to Arkansas. I heard they let the place burn because of all the ammo that had to cook off.

Great pics, thanks for the link!

JZ

The whole thing kind of bums me out. Hopefully they were all taken from criminals and will be returned to their rightful owners. I hope none of them were taken from legal owners due to poor record keeping on the ATF's part.