1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a lot of 1911 purists will give me grief over this, but I used to shoot a Para LDA in Production. It's as 1911 as you can get in the class. And it's definitely close enough for me. I love the trigger in those.

• 3 weeks later...

#1 !

Just went to the local gunshop for my son to pick up his SIG AR.

While there I got some .45acp for practice. $31.99 a box of 50 and would only sell 200 rounds at a time due to people "hoarding".

Needed more brass to reload with.

• 3 weeks later...

just so disgraceful..........

Also there is a large wing on the back so you don't get torn up by the upper slide when it recylces for the next shot. (OK for CAlifornia Sales) A quality shooter....

a " large wing" ???? this guy should be band forever to own a 1911........ :angry:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/902193148/Les_Baer_Custom_pistol_45_ACP_with_match_barrel.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Been a long time, but he's back! Been shooting a lot of Production/IDPA ( I know, I know, but I have to carry a M&P on duty, and I feel like I need to be semi proficient with that piece of plastic) but it's time to get back to 1911's, might shoot L10 at the Nats with one.

Picked this guy up today, a widow of a local police officer was selling off his collection. Looks like someone at Wilson Combat massaged it over. Gonna see how it shoots at tomorrow's Steel Challenge match. Trial by fire!

wp20130602009.jpg

wp20130602016.jpg

Edited by A62335

Shooting my 1st USPSA match tomorrow in over 3 years! Looking forward to it. Taking my son to shoot for the first time in a "match" on Sunday too, gonna shoot a steel match as he is more comfortable standing and shooting at this point

Gonna just shoot the carry gun to burn up some old ammomthatbthe competition gun does not like :)

Been a long time, but he's back! Been shooting a lot of Production/IDPA ( I know, I know, but I have to carry a M&P on duty, and I feel like I need to be semi proficient with that piece of plastic) but it's time to get back to 1911's, might shoot L10 at the Nats with one.Picked this guy up today, a widow of a local police officer was selling off his collection. Looks like someone at Wilson Combat massaged it over. Gonna see how it shoots at tomorrow's Steel Challenge match. Trial by fire!wp20130602009.jpgwp20130602016.jpg

Sweet looking blaster

No practice shots fired for 4 years, shot one 3 stage match a year ago, did 30 minutes of dry fire the afternoon prior....

Won 4 of 5 stages, finished second the other stage. But, not taking anything away from the other SS'ers, they were below my A Class. That said, it was my first ever clean match. Being I knew I was not going to be sharp, my goal was a clean match and I did it (slow was my friend).

OK, off to shoot a steel match today, taking my 17 year old son for him to shoot his first ever match of any kind today.

Happy Days

No practice shots fired for 4 years, shot one 3 stage match a year ago, did 30 minutes of dry fire the afternoon prior....

Won 4 of 5 stages, finished second the other stage. But, not taking anything away from the other SS'ers, they were below my A Class. That said, it was my first ever clean match. Being I knew I was not going to be sharp, my goal was a clean match and I did it (slow was my friend).

OK, off to shoot a steel match today, taking my 17 year old son for him to shoot his first ever match of any kind today.

Happy Days

This made me smile. :D

I was the #2 in this story and no kidding I hadn't fired a .45 in a match since about....hmmmm, let's see...1993. The day before the match the set up A-Team (Mr. Steve, Mike, Tommy, wildman Bill, Mr. Frank, etc.) caught me chronoing some .45 loads making sure the gun/ammmo was making major and delivered the appropriate heckling. After the chrono checks I did two snappy bill drills with splits slower than old people hump and called it good. Shot the match using an old Colt .45 tact gun built for SOF type matches I used to shoot. Had a couple ammo/mag related malfs, and that dang Texas star ate my lunch since I really didn't sight the gun in that well...but overall had a blast! I figure I'll shoot next month's classifier match to get classifed in SS and if fate smiles kindly on me I might actually spend a little time fixing mags and sighting the gun in beforehand! :roflol:

Thanks for the good times! It was an honor to be beat by you, Sir! :cheers:

Edited by Bamboo

Happy Days

This made me smile. :D

I was the #2 in this story and no kidding I hadn't fired a .45 in a match since about....hmmmm, let's see...1993. The day before the match the set up A-Team (Mr. Steve, Mike, Tommy, wildman Bill, Mr. Frank, etc.) caught me chronoing some .45 loads making sure the gun/ammmo was making major and delivered the appropriate heckling. After the chrono checks I did two snappy bill drills with splits slower than old people hump and called it good. Shot the match using an old Colt .45 tact gun built for SOF type matches I used to shoot. Had a couple ammo/mag related malfs, and that dang Texas star ate my lunch since I really didn't sight the gun in that well...but overall had a blast! I figure I'll shoot next month's classifier match to get classifed in SS and if fate smiles kindly on me I might actually spend a little time fixing mags and sighting the gun in beforehand! :roflol:

Thanks for the good times! It was an honor to be beat by you, Sir! :cheers:

Ah, a local fellow SS'er, make sure you shoot on our squad next time, we had 3 SS'ers on my squad.

Yeah, that Steel intimidated me :(

Glad you are back as well! I won't be at next months match as work beckons. Hope to get to shoot with you next time I am there tho

Happy Days

And did your son have a good time with the match....?

Happy Days

And did your son have a good time with the match....?

Yes he did

The instant feedback of steel was just the ticket :)

• 2 weeks later...

Texas Single Stack Championship

August 24, 2013

$75.00 Match Fee
8 Stages
170 rnd count

The Bullet Hole Shooting Complex
2715 Grosenbacher Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78245

Pre-register by mail
Match Day Registration at 8:30 am
Match Start at 10:00 am

Cash Prizes and Trophies for High Overall and Classification Winners

Match Flyer and Entry Form:
http://www.keepandsh...p-pdf-176k?da=y

Hosting Club Forum:
http://www.bullethol...hp?topic=1295.0

Is this new contraption ( actually it is awesome looking ) in USPSA Single Stack?

http://www.ghostinternational.com/GB/page42/page3/page49/index.html

I see some benefits, but also a learning curve as well.

I'll post this in a more appropriate section as well, but thought my fellow SS'ers might like to see it or have some thoughts