Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

I think the apropos response would be that we carry our membership cards on our hips!! :rolleyes:

Catfish

I'd like to thank the Academy, my fans, and all of those folks in fly over country who have supported me through the good times and the bad.

WOO HOO! :cheers:

Lucky ass!.........mumbling with extreme jealousy voice

Edited by boz1911

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I am training with DirtyPool40 on Tuesday and Wednesday, and some of it will be with my beat all to hell SA SS.

In lieu of rule 2, may I submit my DD-214 and photos of myself with my beloved 1911 in Iraq 17 years ago? Personally, I think that trumps the hell out of classifiers, but then again, I don't make the rules. :P Failing that, I may not be eligible to apply for at least another month, which is how long it will be until my next match.

1911app.jpg

Ok, I am training with DirtyPool40 on Tuesday and Wednesday, and some of it will be with my beat all to hell SA SS.

In lieu of rule 2, may I submit my DD-214 and photos of myself with my beloved 1911 in Iraq 17 years ago? Personally, I think that trumps the hell out of classifiers, but then again, I don't make the rules. :P Failing that, I may not be eligible to apply for at least another month, which is how long it will be until my next match.

1911app.jpg

A 1911 used in service of our country CERTAINLY qualifies!!!

Lighteye67

Jay - Does 3 years in the Marine Corps - with 13 months in Viet Nam (my first single stack match was a firefight) bump me up to Voting member? DD214 available upon request.

Photos of the 4 Single Stacks I have in a few more days - when the ice melts!

Jay - Does 3 years in the Marine Corps - with 13 months in Viet Nam (my first single stack match was a firefight) bump me up to Voting member? DD214 available upon request.

Photos of the 4 Single Stacks I have in a few more days - when the ice melts!

YES, and thanks for your service

Scout454:

Edited by zhunter

Hey, how about upgrading me to voting status? Need more info?

How about I was the Battalion pistol champion in 1965 when I was stationed in Germany with an Armored Battalion as a Medic. Or that I was a Light Weapons, Infantry Instructor with the Army Reserve from 1968 through 1975.

How about that I was 2nd place in the Inland Empire 3-Gun Championships in Heavy Metal and was also the High Overall Super Senior. Pic of Plaque to follow.

Or I was high C class in Single Stack at an IPSC match here on 25 Jan 08. The match was 4 classifiers so I'll be given a classification off the scores.

Or that I was 1st in C class at the Northwest Area Chamionships in 1988 and got moved to B class just in time to go shoot the Nationals that year.

I'm feeling a little left out.

post-6529-1202065099.jpg

How about I was the Battalion pistol champion in 1965 when I was stationed in Germany with an Armored Battalion as a Medic. Or that I was a Light Weapons, Infantry Instructor with the Army Reserve from 1968 through 1975.

How about that I was 2nd place in the Inland Empire 3-Gun Championships in Heavy Metal and was also the High Overall Super Senior. Pic of Plaque to follow.

Or I was high C class in Single Stack at an IPSC match here on 25 Jan 08. The match was 4 classifiers so I'll be given a classification off the scores.

Or that I was 1st in C class at the Northwest Area Chamionships in 1988 and got moved to B class just in time to go shoot the Nationals that year.

post-6529-1202065099.jpg

DMS42:

ZHunter, I am coming to you and the Mighty Merlin with hat in hand, humbly requesting admission.

I have only been shooting USPSA for about 3 shoots now, but they have all been with the beloved single stack.

Here are my tools, a Norinco Model of the 1911A1 and a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry. Both have served me well, and the Norinco was the first pistol that I ever owned.

2240439360_3d6f864259_o.jpg

2239648845_d459bf3038_o.jpg

BTW, the leather at the edge of the pictures is a Yaqui Slide that I made last fall.

Note, the first match was with the Kimber because of magazine needs, I don't know why they complain about 8 and load, 6 and load was even more fun :devil:

Edited by Modoc

ZHunter, I am coming to you and the Mighty Merlin with hat in hand, humbly requesting admission.

I have only been shooting USPSA for about 3 shoots now, but they have all been with the beloved single stack.

Here are my tools, a Norinco Model of the 1911A1 and a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry. Both have served me well, and the Norinco was the first pistol that I ever owned.

2240439360_3d6f864259_o.jpg

2239648845_d459bf3038_o.jpg

BTW, the leather at the edge of the pictures is a Yaqui Slide that I made last fall.

Note, the first match was with the Kimber because of magazine needs, I don't know why they complain about 8 and load, 6 and load was even more fun :devil:

Nice!!!

MoDoc

post-6529-1202065099.jpg

DMS42:

Thank you, thank you. :):bow:

Now that I'm a voting member what are my duties and benefits? I can point and laugh with the best of them, but sometimes it is the other way around. :P

post-6529-1202065099.jpg

DMS42:

Thank you, thank you. :):bow:

Now that I'm a voting member what are my duties and benefits? I can point and laugh with the best of them, but sometimes it is the other way around. :P

:devil:

See post #6

Once upon a time,

in a galaxy far far away ...

The lightsaber:

"this is the weapon of choice of a Jedi, an elegant armament of a more civilized time. In comparison, blasters and rifles are crude, inaccurate and loud affairs..."

post-1869-1202130047.jpg

Once upon a time,

in a galaxy far far away ...

The lightsaber:

"this is the weapon of choice of a Jedi, an elegant armament of a more civilized time. In comparison, blasters and rifles are crude, inaccurate and loud affairs..."

post-1869-1202130047.jpg

Luca

I take it that was an application, so...

Skywalker

Edited to reflect final submission of application

Edited by zhunter

Skywalker

Status: Non-Voting International Member on Probationary status until proper photos ( both sides ) are posted :devil:

Thanks Jay,

does the following help?

post-1869-1202135445.jpg

Singlestack_2006.pdf

Singlestack_2007.pdf

Note, last year I didn't finish the match, 3 stages left but I had to leave the range ... :(

And, BTW, I shot the same singlestack gun in Standard division (Limited, for you USPSA guys) in 1998 and 1999 ... ;)

OTOH, I fall short of requirement #3, since I've been swinging my primary Lightsaber (SVI .40" caliber) in Standard division, not Production.

Skywalker

Status: Non-Voting International Member on Probationary status until proper photos ( both sides ) are posted :devil:

Thanks Jay,

does the following help?

post-1869-1202135445.jpg

Singlestack_2006.pdf

Singlestack_2007.pdf

Note, last year I didn't finish the match, 3 stages left but I had to leave the range ... :(

And, BTW, I shot the same singlestack gun in Standard division (Limited, for you USPSA guys) in 1998 and 1999 ... ;)

OTOH, I fall short of requirement #3, since I've been swinging my primary Lightsaber (SVI .40" caliber) in Standard division, not Production.

See post #290 for updated membership status :cheers:

As requested:

The Colt Combat Target is currently on squirrel eradication duty and is wearing a Marvel top end. Slightly modified .45 top end is shown.

The 5" Kimber Custom Target with the Tech Well and the Black Gunner Grips is a .40. It has over 40K through it and it's still tight.

The other 5" Kimber Custom is a .45.

The small Kimber is one of the original Compacts. High gripped and checkered by Tim Baccas, frame chromed, Wilson Combat Night Sights. It is my daily carry and will obliterate a paster at 15 yards.

There are Glocks in my safe (my daughters) and a few 2011's, but I carry a 1911.

post-3688-1202313610.jpg

post-3688-1202313662.jpg