Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 05-09-03

3quartertime

It's that time again, let the slings and arrows fly.

Vent and be vented,,,

What I really, really hate now is C class. Why does it have to be such a big spread in percentage. Who was the dictator that decided that B class should be so far way. Can't we just have a B- or something if your a nats arse away!!! What really blows is beating B shooters (sometimes ) during the whole match then tanking the classifier. How about we have a place on the classifiers score sheet for effort. If the shooter did his dry firing and tried really hard then he gets 10 bonus points. Then having a stinking mike during the stage wouldn't matter.

Then of course there could be some merit to the idea that if I wasn't sitting at the 'puter I could be dry firing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I really, really hate now is C class.  Why does it have to be such a big spread in percentage.  Who was the dictator that decided that B class should be so far way.  Can't we just have a B- or something if your a nats arse away!!!

You know that what really bothers you about being in C class is that I'm there too! :P

It's "Suckage by Association." :lol:

Here's what sucks about C Class. There are more C Class shooters than any other class so we fund the majority of the sport. Vendors should pitch to us because we're the bulk of the market and matches should cater to us because we're the bulk of the match fees. There are typically more C class shooters in a match than any other class so, to win C class, you have to beat more people "at your same skill level" than any other so your chances of winning are lower than any other class. If you do, what happens??? GM's, M's, A's, and B's walk off w/ all the good prizes.

I just want to make it to B Class so I can slack off and not have to work so hard. :D

I know we all hate traveling to a match, paying our fees, and shooting a classifier only to never have it turned in. I have been real tolerant of the other clubs in the area because I know people are busy and such, but man this is getting old. I have shot at least 9 matches in the last couple of years where the classifiers were never processed and I didn't even get match results. I am pretty sure one of those classifiers was damn close to 100 per cent. What gives with these guys anyway? Time to stay home and practice instead of shooting at clubs that don't even have the decency to process the results.

3quartertime:

I never have understood why people shoot well in a match then tank the classifier. Most classifiers are the easiest stage in the match. Maybe your other stages aren't challenging enough? Anyhow, I think you will find the move from C to B isn't all that difficult once you commit the resources required to move up. Good luck.

Patches:

Do you have any idea how many times I have come in fifth or sixth overall in matches (old days of PPC, etc.) that pay high overall, then 1st-3rd in Master. We call that being in the cellar. Fourth Master and they only award prizes down through third place. Then all of those guys who can't hit the side of a barn while locked inside go to the table with big grins and walk off with a new gun, etc. Now that really sucks.

Stuck in C-class???

Tanking classifiers???

Here is an idea...

MiscBrainy.gif

Use your Front Sight.

Quit thinking you are as fast as Todd Jarret. Dial it down and shoot your damn sights!!!

If you are "stuck" in any class...you AREN"T CALLING SHOTS.

BigDave gets it! Then you Indy shooters give him static for being upset about hitting Charlies. Here's a tip. Shut your pie holes and pay attention. Ask yourself how he is able to hit those Alphas all of the sudden.

MiscSheDev.gif

I hate morons with shoulder holsters at the range. Every time I look down the barrel of a gun at a place where we're supposed be practicing gun safety, I switch into Automatically Pissed Off Mode. I saw an obviously budding F*stF*re student last week with a horizontal shoulder holster on backwards. That's right! The muzzle pointed FORWARD. Of course we also had to instruct this super-commando on how to lock back the slide of his badass 45.

Sigh....

What Flexmoney said.

Watch the front sight (or dot) and they will come..higher H/F's that is. And don't try to shoot faster than your current skill level.

See what you need to see, call your shots and move smoothly. Or something like that.

Most anyone can pull the trigger fast. Hitting fast is another story.

[thread drift]

I hate power companies. We get a little thunderstorm and the power dies. Then the battery backup dies. Then I have to hump buckets up the stairs so I can keep my powder dry. Then when the power comes back on.. the sump pump runs for an hour straight.

And the only "thing" I can talk to is a recorded message..Your call is important to us....????? BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!

I hate that the only local indoor range is closing its doors in the next couple of months. It's in an office complex --- the owner of the complex originally built it as a gunshop/smithy/range for his son. The son had to leave the business and the owner of the property arranged to sell the business to a couple of good guys. They struggled mightily for a few years while making improvements, working 80-100 hour weeks, and it even seemed like they were fighting the recession o.k. Monday they were told that their lease wasn't being renewed. This blows!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

What really blows is beating B shooters--sometimes--during the whole match (practice sessions) then tanking the classifier (league action)...
So, welcome to MY stinking little corner of the range....!!!!
...to win C class, you have to beat more people "at your same skill level" than any other so your chances of winning are lower than any other class. If you do, what happens??? GM's, M's, A's, and B's walk off w/ all the good prizes.
So, welcome to MY stinking little corner of the range...!!!!
It's "Suckage by Association."
That's hilarious! (Perhaps I should quit hanging out with C-classers, then. Hmm, except that we don't HAVE as many of those at our club..... I am overwhelmed by A-classers.)
...don't try to shoot faster than your current skill level.
So, welcome to MY stinking biggest mistake in shooting!!!!

Well, now my shorts are in a twist too.

Can't a guy come this one topic and whine about being stuck in C-class without a bunch of people offering really good advice???

YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR STINKIN' PRACTICING DISGUST ME! :angry:

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I feel better now. :rolleyes:

I hate assholes that drive through MY neighborhood at a million miles and hour while dodging the speed bumps by practically running up on the sidewalk. For christ's sake, there's kids all over the place.

:angry:

How's this rhino?

I hate shooters that whine about not being able to hit US poppers or any steel, no-shoots, hard cover, weak hand, strong hand, Standards anything..........

If it were up to them, we'd all shoot 200 round field courses with wide open targets at arms length from an electric Lazy Boy. And they'd still complain about Delta and his buddy Mike.

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Sniffle, Sniffle WWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I hate it when the new job doesn't give you enough time to check out your favorite forum. :angry: I hate slow computers. :unsure: I hate home remodels that you have to do to keep your "better half" off your back for buying so many guns... :P

Ah, good all 'round, all-encompassing, multi-purpose, generic, dumbed-down-and-fully-mainstreamed HATE. Yeh, that'll get you where you need to go, too. (Is that my transmission whining or my friends...?) ;)

Here's what sucks about C Class. There are more C Class shooters than any other class so we fund the majority of the sport.

Not really. Does the average C class shooter shoot four-plus matches a month? Do they buy all the components (bullets, cases, powder, primers) to fire tens of thousands of rounds a year? Do they spend thousands of dollars to get their match gun "just so?" Have they invested hundreds of dollars in the best possible belt/holster/mag pouches for their division of competition? Do they pay for professional instruction? Do they go to every major match they can, up to and possibly including the Nationals?

Probably not.

Because if they did, they wouldn't be C class shooters for very long. Though there are far fewer As and Ms and Gs, per capita those people spend MUCH more on the sport than the vast majority of C classers.