Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to site and USPSA (with pics)

Timmy77

Thanks, next I need to get a holster my top choices are. These are not in any order, what do you folks think is a good choice and why?

-CR Speed Holster

-SAFARILAND COMPETITION HOLSTER MODEL 012

-Ghost Holster

Thanks, next I need to get a holster my top choices are. These are not in any order, what do you folks think is a good choice and why?

-CR Speed Holster

-SAFARILAND COMPETITION HOLSTER MODEL 012

-Ghost Holster

Wecome to the forums!

Holsters for Open guns...my pics are #1 Guga Ribas #2 Limcat #3 Ghost

If the Ribas didn't cost as much as it does there wouldn't even be a second or third choice...I have two and have tried most of the others except I passed on the CR Speed after checking them out carefully. I think both the CR Speed and 012 have serious drawbacks. Both of the dropped gun DQs that I can think of among friends were with one of those two. In fact, I know people with the 012 that put a strap around the holster body and the gun to make sure it won't fall out....that shouldn't be necessary. They also lack the range of adjustment possible with the Ribas, Limcat and Ghost. The Ghost could use a tweek to the safety lever to make it a little bit harder to disengage, but that's the only negative I can think of. I could live with any of the three, but the Ribas has the best construction, the largest range of adjustment, variable draw tension and the ability to come off the belt without unholstering the gun which puts it in a class all it's own. R,

The Guga Ribas is cool but as far as I know you can't buy one anywhere. If available please tell me where.

There is only one US distributor, Speed Shooters International. If you check with Rene' he can usually give you a ballpark timeframe when he'll be getting the next shipment in. That's what I did when I wanted a second holster...and just checked his site every couple of days until they showed up. They had some supply issues caused by the vendor doing their anodizing, but that appears to be solved....they're all black now, and they've actually improved the holster slightly. R,

I believe G-man is correct about the base pads they are slightly used and thats the way I got them with the gun. The gun was build by my smith for another guy who used it about a half a season then ended up getting out of the sport.

Sioux Falls Practical Shooters range is at the Big Sioux Rifle and Pistol Club, which is located near Corson South Dakota, just a few miles North East of Sioux Falls SD. We may start doing some shooting in MN but I don't know were.

http://www.sfpracticalshooters.com/location.html

Anyone know if there are any pictures of the Ribas holster posted anywhere? I've done a search but come up empty. I haven't heard of it before and I've been shooting USPSA a long time.

Please ignore post I guess I had it spelled wrong! Dah!

Edited by chirpy

Anyone know if there are any pictures of the Ribas holster posted anywhere? I've done a search but come up empty. I haven't heard of it before and I've been shooting USPSA a long time.

Please ignore post I guess I had it spelled wrong! Dah!

SSI has them in stock again...price went up a bit...$249. Did I mention they now come in a cool wooden box that reminds me of a cigar box? Very cool! R,