Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 08-04

konkapot

I think this is coming up at my club, I'm interested in how to shoot it. Gut tells me to start on left target, move to popper, then middle target, and finish on right target? Any suggestions?

With an auto, that's the way to go IMO-- ride the recoil from the popper up to the target. With a revo, you might want to reload to the popper. I saw several makeup shots on that..

• 2 months later...

Something is very strange on this classifier - the calc says you need an exact 1#.00HF (you can put # in) to make 100% - How did that happen? Are they just coming up with a # and saying ok - that is how fast the best should shoot it? Or should they have a top GM shoot it and say - that is a good starting point?

I made an edit to comply with the no posting of high hit factors rule

Edited by KGentry

A number of classifiers have or had nice round HHFs. I suppose if you average the 10 best and come up with 3.01415923, or if the top HF at a match was 3.0321 it makes the math a lot easier to just stick in '3'.

On this particular one, I've been doing a little lobbying to get the HHF aligned with 'Six'. That could also be a reason for a round HHF.

I think this is coming up at my club, I'm interested in how to shoot it. Gut tells me to start on left target, move to popper, then middle target, and finish on right target? Any suggestions?

With an auto, that's the way to go IMO-- ride the recoil from the popper up to the target. With a revo, you might want to reload to the popper. I saw several makeup shots on that..

I can shoot it a ~.15 faster by drawing to the closer right target, then popper, middle papper, then left paper. Quickest run 2.59 down 4, I shot it clean in 2.77 for better HF though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this one in Open Division at the 2009 OH State Championship.

Shot it clean in 3.01 for HF = 11.6279. Updated classifier results today shows that as a 93.0232%.

Don't know if they maybe recently changed the HHF that shred was lobbying for? classifiercalc.com showed it as an 83.x%, so that was a pleasent suprise (pulled my ave up by 0.04 instead of pulling it down!). I sent an email to the classifiercalc.com folks to let them know.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you need a make up shot on the popper you can kiss this one good bye... I found out :angry2:

Well, Saturday, I put one in the black on T1 and didn't notice until it was scored. The Mike really killed me. :(

• 4 months later...

We have this one coming up this weekend. I checked with the Calc and it does look like 100 is 2.5 down 2. I'll get back with you on it Sunday. That seems pretty fast.........

JT

Two extra shot and slow out of the holster. Went back for grins and giggles and shot the hell out of it for practice. Got my surrender draw to a consistent .95 or so with good hits. Did a few limit of function runs on it and was 2.43-44 with a mike. I'd really like to see the top dogs run this thing clean in 2.5. That would be something to see. That is seriously fast. It's not like those targets are a gimme either. All of them have HC and it's easy to drop one in there going that fast.

EDIT: Did some research on this one and the only guy that I could find running this at 100% was Max. He ran it at 91% and 100. All the other top dog are barely above 90% on it. Which makes sense to me because that is crazy fast.

Edited by JThompson

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...