Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Nationals - 2008

Bdavis

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match is now toally full and we are functioning off of a waiting list. The website won't reflect that the match is full until early next week, but it is full. If you find yourself in need of dropping out of the match, PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so that we can contact shooters on the wiating list. If you are on the waiting list and get into the match, you will not be able to request a squad, you will be offered the slot that is open.

Edited by Bdavis

Last year was my first at this match and at this range.

The arrangement last year split the stages with half on high, well sodded ground and half at lower, gravel covered, much less sodded ground. There had been significant rain on Thursday, but the ground was pretty much dry on Friday, when I shot. The range is pretty hilly and seems to drain well. There were two wooden floored shoot houses used as well, cleats would be a disadvantage in those. To me it is still cool in Illinois in April. So, they have a lot of bases covered - no sand though.

Z, find a hybrid shoe. Trail running shoes have a tread that is in between a cleat and a running shoe. Do a google search and you'll see many of them advertise on and off road use....The tread is aggressive enough for grass, dirt, etc but won't send you slipping a$$ over tea kettle when you climb wooden stairs or ramps.

Z, find a hybrid shoe. Trail running shoes have a tread that is in between a cleat and a running shoe. Do a google search and you'll see many of them advertise on and off road use....The tread is aggressive enough for grass, dirt, etc but won't send you slipping a$$ over tea kettle when you climb wooden stairs or ramps.

I'm Lazy Carina, how about names, links, details girl, we want details!!!!

I wear Nike Land Sharks and have never had any issues with them ...................... except for the MUD-BOWL Nationals. That was a whole different animal of a match.

And to answer your question, YES I have seen shooters change shoes depending on the range surface involved.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

{slight thread drift\}

What is the turf like at the match? What type of footwear is best, cleats, aggressive running shoes, etc....?

Thanks

{/thread drift mode off}

For insurance bring your rain gear! Seems like it always rains one of the days of this match. The temp range in Illinois at this time of year is low 40's - 80's expect almost anything.

For insurance bring your rain gear! Seems like it always rains one of the days of this match. The temp range in Illinois at this time of year is low 40's - 80's expect almost anything.

Supershooter couldn't have said it any better. It's great to bring your best shoes, but don't forget to pack a pair of shorts, your winter coat, mud boots, an umbrella, etc. The weather at PASA park is unpredictable in April.

Supershooter couldn't have said it any better. It's great to bring your best shoes, but don't forget to pack a pair of shorts, your winter coat, mud boots, an umbrella, etc. The weather at PASA park is unpredictable in April.

I don't want to scare anyone off of course. Chances are the weather will be nice. But it is spring in Illinois and anything can and has happened. Just make sure you are prepared.

The weather is the one thing that is out of the control of the match staff. But I have tried!

I don't want to scare anyone off of course. Chances are the weather will be nice. But it is spring in Illinois and anything can and has happened. Just make sure you are prepared.

The weather is the one thing that is out of the control of the match staff. But I have tried!

But unsuccessfully, as shown in 2006. :rolleyes:

But unsuccessfully, as shown in 2006. :rolleyes:

Into each life a little rain must fall

I just went to the top-20 list. I clicked on all the usually suspects. He appears to be the only one. (SS division is not on there yet)

Guys like Dave S. (94%), Ted P. (91.7%), Taran (89..2%) are close, but there is only 4 classifiers being counted so far. That might mean they need to shoot a few extras, depending on how the system works out.

I was just looking over the squad list and I noticed something. Robby is the only GM listed. Is he the only one who is classed GM in Single Stack?

There is no way he is the only GM in SS.

Why? Most guys don't shoot SS as much as Rob.

I was just looking over the squad list and I noticed something. Robby is the only GM listed. Is he the only one who is classed GM in Single Stack?

There is no way he is the only GM in SS.

Why is that so hard to believe ? Heck, if you ask me I think it's only right, that Rob should be "the 1st GM in Single Stack" ....... maybe the ONLY GM in Single Stack. :unsure: