Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Nationals - 2008

Bdavis

I am having a great year, two weeks before L10 Nats last year the bushing broke, yesterday my safety broke. Luckily I scavanged one from a friend that actually fit and functions. I guess it's time for a new gun.

Jason

Edited by shooting for M

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a great year, two weeks before L10 Nats last year the bushing proke, yesterday my safety broke. Luckily I scavanged one from a friend that actually fit and functions. I guess it's time for a new gun.

Jason

Jason, I hope your bad luck stops until after the match this weekend!!!!

I am having a great year, two weeks before L10 Nats last year the bushing proke, yesterday my safety broke. Luckily I scavanged one from a friend that actually fit and functions. I guess it's time for a new gun.

Jason

We'll see, I'm gonna bring a back-up that I haven't shot since the smith worked on it.

Jason

We'll see, I'm gonna bring a back-up that I haven't shot since the smith worked on it.

You still have some time. Run 50-100 rounds through it tomorrow.

Sounds like the same luck I have been seeing.

Last week the sights broke on my S & W. Luckily, great customer service got me a new set to put on and sight in before the SSN.

Just found out the exhaust manifold on my truck rusted out. I'm leaving on a trip next Monday. Luckily, I have a great mechanic and it will (knock on wood) be fixed before I leave.

:unsure::surprise:

Im looking my darn self for that info..

Im shooting Friday, so registration is on Thursday, between 4-7pm at

Country Inn & Suites Quincy, IL

110 North 54th Street

Quincy, Illinois

Phone: 217-222-8949

FAX: 217-222-8954

Am I Right??

110 North 54th Street

Quincy, Illinois

Am I Right??

That's what I've gathered so far. Hopefully I'll be able to make it there by 7...

Yup. Looks like it'll be my first time shooting in the rain :D<_<

I've been searching but can't find it anymore - anyone have the match schedule? i.e. when shooting starts, when to be where, etc.

There really wasn't much info on the original sight other than shooters meeting at 7:30 if memory serves me correctly. This is for Sat morning. You will get the main portion of info in your shooters packet I was told.

110 North 54th Street

Quincy, Illinois

Am I Right??

That's what my letter of registration I got via email says. It doesn't have the address, but all the rest of the info lines up.

There was just an email confirmation, right?

We didnt get anything mailed, did we?

I didn't get anything but a cleared check and my name on the squad list....

I shot in the rain all last week, I should feel at home. :angry2:

Of course, the weather people around here (not too far from barry) can't tell you the weather if they are standing out side during a live broadcast, so I don't have tons of fate in any predictions..

I was just reading up on how last year's Single Stack Nat's went.

I read about some misfortunate shooter getting his score sheet swapped with another guy's.

Bummer. :surprise:

Anywhooo.... here is what I came up kinda quick like.

I did something like this last year when I went to IDPA Nat's. It came in quite handy, especially if you only have an hour to debate your final score.

This is what it looks like:

SingleStackNatsMatchTrackerSheet.jpg

I am going to try to upload it here.

Let's see if this works...

It's a word .doc , BTW.

I probably forgot a few things to add to it, but in a landscape format on 8.5 X 11 paper, I'm sorta running out of real estate.

matchtrackersheetForSSN.doc

Edited by Chills1994

I was just reading up on how last year's Single Stack Nat's went.

I read about some misfortunate shooter getting his score sheet swapped with another guy's.

Bummer. :surprise:

Anywhooo.... here is what I came up kinda quick like.

I did something like this last year when I went to IDPA Nat's. It came in quite handy, especially if you only have an hour to debate your final score.

This is what it looks like:

SingleStackNatsMatchTrackerSheet.jpg

I am going to try to upload it here.

Let's see if this works...

It's a word .doc , BTW.

I probably forgot a few things to add to it, but in a landscape format on 8.5 X 11 paper, I'm sorta running out of real estate.

Nice, I use a small one for the local matches just to keep a record of my shooting. I think a little larger one like yours might be better than several small ones for a large match.

It is an independant match that USPSA uses as it's Nationals for Single Stack division... Not sure why there isn't more info out there.

I do think it is partially due to the fact that this is the first SS Match since it became an official division and the first year the USPSA is hosting it. I beleive next year it will be slightly different.

Who knows it may not happen like this and become part of the nationals with the other divisions.

I got a quick question about gun weight. Mine weighs 43 3/8 ounces. Is this considered within the weight limit. It does not weigh 44 ounces but it is more than 43.0 ounces.

Is there any wiggle room in the weighing?

Edited by pjb45

If anyone has spoken to Mr. Heinie or Mr. Worden about if/when the range will be open on Thursday afternoon/evening, Id sure appreciate if if they could let us (me) know.

Thanks!

mike

It was posted in the faqs that the range will be open Thursday. I am in Indy on my way to stop by the range tomorrow and take a peek.

Alan