Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 USPSA Nationals

hopalong

Well I'll start the speculation.

Since our Planners have NO plans on when and where. I feel that participation will be down in the Revolver division. <_<

I myself don't think I'll make the trip this year after 4 in a row. :angry2:

Slots are not a problem for me, I get one from my section if I want it, to represent TN with a revolver(or whatever gun I should decide to use).

See some of you on the range, somewhere.

Have a GREAT 2008 !!!!

Hopalong

Unfortunately I may be in the same boat. I am still hopeful that the Nationals will get planned soon and that it is in July. But if not- I am out also. :(

You going to shoot revolver??

I'm not sure that the Nationals is on my want to do list this year. I think I may focus on more regional events closer to home and the IRC. Our Section match is 2 weeks after the IRC, so I need make two trips to Morro in the same month this year.

I agree with you Hop. I can shoot a lot of local, state and even area matches for the price of shooting a nationals (taking off work, etc...). I think by not announcing, USPSA is shooting themselves in the proverbial foot. <_< Couple that with rising ammo and fuel costs in a bad economy, and it spells D-E-C-L-I-N-E for participation...particularly at larger venues like nats. Hopefully I'll see ya around. ;)

Some of the Area Directors can't set dates for their matches until the Nationals dates are chosen either. Sure wish dates would get set early in the year to make planning the US matches easier.

Canadian Nationals will be July 30 - August 3 in Lethbridge Alberta. Range is about 3 hours North of Great Falls Montana. Go through the Sweetgrass 24 hour border crossing as they're familiar with folks travelling with firearms.

Please remember we elected the current president, if you wanted change on getting the match dates set you voted wrong. Nothing political, just stating facts.

I predict Nationals will be in Tulsa (possibly all of them). The next question is who will be MD for the matches? I also predict the Nationals will not fill up, except for SS Nationals.

And the lack of Zero bullets may keep me from a few matches.

Unfortunately I may be in the same boat. I am still hopeful that the Nationals will get planned soon and that it is in July. But if not- I am out also. :(

You going to shoot revolver??

Nope! I was just sharing my perplexity with Hop. ;) Sorry- didn't know that this was for revolver only. :huh:

Pretty sure you can count me out this year as well. I've shot every year since 2002 and I think it is time for a break. Going to try to shoot some more ICORE this year with the guys over in MI. I am also MD for the WI sectional so that will take alot of my time especially since we can't even set a date for it yet, cause we don't know when Nats are :angry2:

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

The longer it takes the dates for all shoots to be made available the more likely I won't be able to attend some of them. The team I work with schedule our vacation on a first come first serve basis. So if they schedule before me I'm out. That's why I couldn't make my own sectional last year (area 5), my buddy went to some big tractor pull!

I have been up in the air about going back to the Nats this year, kinda sitting on the fence. If the revolver turn out is going to be really low I don't know if I would still go or not. Its not that much fun to come in third out of three! On the flip side, I might get to shoot on the revolver squad!

I hope the dates come out soon.

41mag

The USPSA Revolver Nationals has experienced nice increases in participation every year since I started going. So I suggest we don't get ourselves in a big uproar and create a self-fulfilling prophesy just because Hopalong's in another one of his sour moods. ;)

I heard from an unnamed source last night (Sandro) that there would be back to back nats in Tulsa in July. He is a pretty good looking guy so he might have ways of getting info out of the front office that are not available to the rest of us.

FWIW

The only reason I would go to the Natationals is to be able to shoot with the Revo guys. If it is in July and in Tulsa I willdo my best to be there. The IRC is in first part of June, which I will attend, and then If I can afford to I will send in my dockets for the Nats even if I would have to drive back and forth the 100 miles a day. But then I ain't to smart still go the minor route.

I'm actually in a good mood Sir ! ;)

I will add to Cliffys' post. I got from a really good source (the MD for the Nationals) and NO I won't tell...........

It will be Back to Back, but not a firm date yet but I-d bet on right before the WORLD SHOOT !!!!!

I really HOPE the growth we've been seeing in Revolver division keeps going. BUT, with the shorter time of announcement, and lower gas prices !!!!!!! along with other stuff I just don't see it happening this year (sorry, but I am still an Optimist).

See ya'll on a range................somewhere, sometime.

Hopalong

I heard from an unnamed source last night (Sandro) that there would be back to back nats in Tulsa in July. He is a pretty good looking guy so he might have ways of getting info out of the front office that are not available to the rest of us.

FWIW

I heard 3rd hand from a knowledgable source that it was a back to back, but no date.

July in Tulsa! Might be a tad bit hot.

FWIW

I heard 3rd hand from a knowledgable source that it was a back to back, but no date.

Would we have to swim through the courses again, or is July dry in Tulsa?

Edited by professor

FWIW

Might want to check on September dates as well.... ;)

OK, PLEASE READ THIS, it covers what needs to be done!!

Get off of your collective azz's and don something about it like I did!!!! Send a letter to your AD!!!

Let's get legislation passed so this NEVER happens again!!!

I am tired of people bitching and not taking action. Most of you put in enough time here on ENOS messing around, take a half hour and do something meaning for our sport, WRITE A LETTER!!!!