Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want the ultimate Production Trigger

Boyd

I inherited a G35 from a dear friend. He'd modified the trigger bar, including relocating the trigger bar higher on the trigger itself (moved the pin up), shortening the trigger return spring portion of the trigger bar (he drilled a new hole above the existing hole so that the trigger return spring rides more level, relative to the rest of the gun) and blended down the firing pin "hump" on the trigger bar to accomodate the new higher position of the trigger bar. He also modified the striker "foot" by tapering the sides so that it basically forms a "V" (to reduce drag as one pulls the trigger) Finally, he placed some epoxy in the frame to act as a trigger stop. My friend, Ron Durham, loved Glocks and made a study of all the modifications out there.

The gun had a really good light crisp trigger, but was not IDPA SSP or USPSA Production legal.

I recently experimented with bending the trigger return spring tab forward slightly. The gun then started firing in strings when I RELEASED the trigger (very unnerving). I bent it back, but the problem still persists.

Here's my question: I've got a ton of stock trigger assemblies (also inherited from Ron). I want to know who makes the best Production/SSP legal trigger out there.

Thanks

-MB

Edited by Boyd

I love to tinker with my guns, but there seems to have been a rash of trigger overmodification questions lately here on BE. I'm not banging on anyone specific, but there really is NO substitute for dry-fire and live-fire practice. Secondly, a little heavier trigger allows for trigger prep sooner without ADing, and is more reliable in the long run. A vanek drop-in, Sotelo, or .25 cent trigger jobs will all get anyone to the place where they are competitive on a GM level. There is just no reason to complicate a trigger job on a Glock.

BTW, my STI has a 3 lb trigger, and I can shoot .15 to .2 splits with it.... <_<

I love to tinker with my guns, but there seems to have been a rash of trigger overmodification questions lately here on BE. I'm not banging on anyone specific, but there really is NO substitute for dry-fire and live-fire practice. Secondly, a little heavier trigger allows for trigger prep sooner without ADing, and is more reliable in the long run. A vanek drop-in, Sotelo, or .25 cent trigger jobs will all get anyone to the place where they are competitive on a GM level. There is just no reason to complicate a trigger job on a Glock.

There is nothing stated in that post that I don't agree 100% with. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for practice. Look at the top Production shooters at your club matches and see where they come out when you combine the scores with the other divisions.

That being said, Mr. Vanek does the best trigger work IMHO.

+1 on Homie's comment, MB has forgotten more about competition shooting that most people will ever have the chance to experience or learn. He has taught me a LOT about how shooting should be done on many levels.

The trigger on this gun was one of the best I'd seen on a Glock. If you need ANY Glock parts until you get your new trigger assembly, just let me know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edited by Loves2Shoot

This post brings back some memories. I had become good friends with Ron over the internet. He and I shared a lot of Glock info.

I sure have lost a lot of good shooting friends over the last few years.

Ron had a lot of praise for you and your work. I miss him every day. Sounds like you are still at the top of your game. I'll call in a coupld of weeks to get some new internals.

-MB

This post brings back some memories. I had become good friends with Ron over the internet. He and I shared a lot of Glock info.

You are very kind. I think the part about forgetting is correct, but I can't recall about the rest.....

-MB

You are very kind. I think the part about forgetting is correct, but I can't recall about the rest.....

-MB

No (my home PM is mboyd@webformixair.com)

Edited by Boyd

Sotelo kits are still available for less money than anything else, are production legal, and have been shot to the GM level and come with the best warranty you can buy. Just a comparison......

They are not legal for IPSC Production division, just like all other trigger kits that reduce trigger weight. They are legal for Standard Division.