Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for Secondary Dot mount

HiCapMag

Ok, I recently purchased a Burris Fastfire and a YHM 45 degree angle mount to put the dot on.

The mount is too close to my scope -- just does not fit.

What other mount can I use to put mount the dot on the top rail but at an angle so it can be used as a secondary up-close sight?

Thanks!

Ok, I recently purchased a Burris Fastfire and a YHM 45 degree angle mount to put the dot on.

The mount is too close to my scope -- just does not fit.

What other mount can I use to put mount the dot on the top rail but at an angle so it can be used as a secondary up-close sight?

Thanks!

higher rings worked for me.

post-2786-1198209506.jpg

Matt Burrkett makes a mount that you might be able to use! Not sure what dot (have not seen a burris fastfire) you want to use but his offset mount is great for my Jpoint with my Meotpa scope and La Rue mount.

Busyhawk

Edited by busyhawk

Matt Burkett mount is the only way to go with the small optics. The yankee hill 45 degree mout isnt in line with the barrel . or mount it on the tubeover the barrel with a rail mount. But in the long run the Matt Burkett mount is faster and cheaper.

A great option is the 45 degree mount from AMS Machine. Then add the JPoint/Docter mount with the wings and you'll find that you have the finest part for this application. I used it at the A63G and it's getting the piss beat out of it here. Same JPoint still going strong.

Hope you like it. I'll get pictures posted up as soon as I can.

Rich

ETA: Pics...from the house on my Cav lower...

DSCN0052-2.jpg

DSCN0049-2.jpg

If your FastFire, JPoint, et. al. comes with a means to mount to a rail then you don't need ours. But the protection from the wings is nice.

Edited by uscbigdawg

The trouble with the YHM and other (similar) mounts is that they end up being two pieces...the offset mount and the sight mount. The Burkett is one piece...less to go wrong, which is the same reason I run a Larue riser/ring mount for my scope :) Minimize the parts that can go wrong seems to keep Mr. Murphy out pestering someone else...

Alex

• 7 months later...

Since you've got the Larue mount.......why not replace a ring halve with the LT-137?

It offsets the dot to the side of the scope tube. Gives a real nice sight picture.

post-8688-1218152418_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1218152552_thumb.jpg

Edited by 00bullitt

OK I REALY like the look of that set up .

What distance is best to Zero @

and then there is the fact that I am still trying to decide on what scope to buy

Meopta

Burris

Leupold 1.5 x 5

Night force 2.5 10 x 32

are all in the running.

Thanks

SWandME

ps what is the part number for the ring half ?

For open class.......since your primary close range optic will be the Doctor type sight.....I'd go with the Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5 or 2.5-8. I have a 1.5-5 Mk IV and like it alot for Tactical. 5x is really nice for 4 and 500 yard shots.Its also not a heavy scope like the Meopta and IOR.

I would zero the Doctor at 25 and the optic at 100 or 200 depending on how you will dope it.

Part number for the ring half is LT-137.

Edited by 00bullitt

Take a look at the "1 O'clock Offset rail" from Daniel Defense. Attaches to a rail on the handguard. I used 45 degree mounts for several years and found this a lot better. You don't have to cant the rifle as much.

You won't go wrong with Burkett Mount. I have one under my IOR behind the rear ring and it works great there... I like it mounted close, a bigger window to look thru!

You can get them from JP Enterprises the last I knew...that's where I got mine.

www.jprifles.com

jj

No, you can't (not right now, anyway).

Someone here on the board said that he was redesigning the mount and would have them back up eventually. Right now, there are some on Gunbroker but with a guy who is charging insane shipping fees (to cover his Gunbroker fees, no doubt).

Alex

I still have 2 of them in stock,but i bought them directly trough Matt.(a year ago)

The only problem is that they are in the Netherlands and when they arrived here i had to pay aprox 25% tax over it to the Dutch customs and paid allready $30 to get them shipped over here.

If i would have to ship them back to the states they would be worth there weight in gold.

I sell the mounts over here for 89 euro (134.50 USD) shipping with track & trace & insurance would cost an extra 34.00 USD (without track&trace& insurance 13.60 USD)

This would make the mount way to expensive for the US market. :surprise: and i do like the mounts myself and use them as well but i would never pay that kind of money for it.

The pictures are my setup with the doctor on it

post-1530-1218709883_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1218709897_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1218709907_thumb.jpg

Edited by patrickbeijer