Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wife wants to shoot same gun as me

DanM

Ok, the Mrs. is keen to see what this is all about, however she wants to shoot the same gun I want to shoot at a match. Common sense tells me that after I shoot a stage, we both go to the safety area, I unholster and she reholsters and then she shoots stage. Next stage, just to make it simple she shoots first and then we reverse it. Correct? I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this one :cheers:

I have seen it done that way. And I've also seen it done where the two people swapping guns do so after one or the other shoots, and under the watchful eye (and with the permission) of the RO; saves you a walk to the safety area.

Do you have another gun and gear?

If so, you should let her shoot the gun she wants to shoot and you shoot something else. You will both have more fun and it will be a lot less hassle.

sharing a gun is not much fun although it can be done.

Good Luck

Edited by Bergie

I can see this is an USPSA question and I am going to give a Steel Challenge answerer B) IF you put your bag at your feet when you finish the stage and bag the gun at the Unload and Show Clear = she could pick the gun up out of the bag when it is her turn to shoot. As all she/ you would have to do is follow the other out to the last position behind the RO.

And IF you take turns going first it is even essayer. If you shoot back to back picking up the brass is easy too.

I suggest you give her what ever she wants in regard to shooting equipment. Treat her the way you want to be treated.

And if you are lucky she will be with you at matches for 15 years like my wife :wub:

But I don't know nothing

Edited by AlamoShooter

Thanks guys. Funds are pretty tight at the moment so we're a one gun family right now :angry2: If she digs it like she thinks she will, she'll get a new blaster this spring :cheers:

Think Angelina Jolie..... :surprise:

I shot my first IPSC match by sharing an entire rig - gun & all.

After my buddy shot, he bagged the gun. We swapped the belt & holster and then when it was my turn, I went to the line with the gun in the bag.

Very simple. If she has her own holster, even easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, the Mrs. is keen to see what this is all about, however she wants to shoot the same gun I want to shoot at a match.

EASY!! Give that one to her and get a new one for yourself!! Everybody happy!

B)

That was freebie. Next time make an appointment.

:cheers: