Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

square trigger guard on a single stack frame

Adam B

Uhm, you could also order a gunsmith blank STI trigger..

Look around I have seen them.

To add

if it is the trigger gaurd, brownells sells a tool for squaring it up. Heat a bit and bend.

Edited by Kingman

OK, someone fill me in on why you would want/need a square trigger guard?

Just curioius

Some people shoot with their index finger wrapped around the front of the triggergaurd. Squared gaurds help w/ this style of grip.

Is it a valid grip? Seems to work for world champion Eric Graufel. Works for Angus Hobdel too. I personally use the grip shown in Brian's book, but I would not criticize the alternative grip. Its all good. :cheers:

Just curioius

So your gun doesn't look like it's 100 years old...and chicks dig it. :lol:

That is why I want a square trigger ;) I just prefer the look of the square trigger guard, they dont cost anymore than the round one.

I believe he's referring to the trigger guard. STI makes the "Master" frame Otherwise I think you'd have to have it done to an existing frame.

Is that single stack legal?

It is manufactured by a established maker. Should be good to go.

Unless it is a full length dust cover then it is HACKSAW time to make it legal!!!!!!

Just curioius

Ghost holsters. I intended to use the .45 I built in L10 sharing the ghost I use in open, but I'm not inclined to use it now since I discovered the ghost can pull the trigger when used w/ a round trigger guard. .

So I'm thinking I want the next one I do to have a square guard.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

TGO has mentioned this on his web site. He says he is very particular about the square trigger guards on his guns, but he doesn't use the left index finger on the trigger guard type of grip. I wonder why he squares the guard then? I know he's supposed to be a "slapper", does his trigger finger move THAT much?