Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full-sized Targets?

ChrisMcCracken

Where can I get full-sized cardboard USPSA style targets for cheap?

I want to use them for range practice. My range keeps round bullseye targets on stock with an honor system money box, but they're just not doing it for me anymore. I'd rather practice with what I shoot at competition. Having one or two at home to dry-fire with wouldn't hurt either.

Chris

Where can I get full-sized cardboard USPSA style targets for cheap?

I want to use them for range practice. My range keeps round bullseye targets on stock with an honor system money box, but they're just not doing it for me anymore. I'd rather practice with what I shoot at competition. Having one or two at home to dry-fire with wouldn't hurt either.

Chris

Call Chuck or order here...

http://shootersconnection.com/store/advanc...amp;x=0&y=0

Yeah...early this year I ordered a box of 100 from Chuck, but prior to that I'd just take a stack of used targets from a local match. Ask first, of course, but I think most MD's are happy to have them 'recycled.'

eta: I think you'll find a full-sized target still too big for most home dry-fire use, unless you've got some privacy outdoors. But there are plenty of .gif/.jpg images of IPSC targets and poppers on the web. Find a color of paper that approximates the target color, and you can print out a zillion reduced-sized targets at different scales.

and...an *awesome* range target are those dessert-sized paper plates from WalMart.

Edited by boo radley

USPSA has a list of vendors for targets (I think it is on their website). They are copyrighted (or, whatever the appropriate term may be).

You are probably looking at about $0.50 per target...plus shipping. (cheaper, if you go with the paper version for practice) Not really a bargin.

What you might do is bum some used targets after a match. We throw ours into the burn barrel unless somebody wants them.

You might also use paper bags from the grocery store (or other cardboard) and cut out an outline of one of the targets, then just mark the A-zone.

Thanks y'all. I'll probably suck it up and buy a box of 100 with brown pasters since each target will probably last a whole practice session. I can always use the brown grocery bags to replace the center if one gets really torn up. I'll poke about and see if anyone is cheaper than shooter's connection by any significant amount, otherwise I'll just order it all through them.

USPSA has a list of vendors for targets (I think it is on their website). They are copyrighted (or, whatever the appropriate term may be).

You are probably looking at about $0.50 per target...plus shipping. (cheaper, if you go with the paper version for practice) Not really a bargin.

What you might do is bum some used targets after a match. We throw ours into the burn barrel unless somebody wants them.

You might also use paper bags from the grocery store (or other cardboard) and cut out an outline of one of the targets, then just mark the A-zone.

I've also used cardboard larger than the IPSC target and overlay the IPSC target on in and hit the outline with a can of spray paint. You don't get the lines, but you get a nice outline. ;)

I've also used cardboard larger than the IPSC target and overlay the IPSC target on in and hit the outline with a can of spray paint. You don't get the lines, but you get a nice outline. ;)

You could also perforate the zones a bit more and spray through the perforations.

IPSC Shooters sure are cheap, aren't we? All talking about saving $ .30 on targets but we'll spend $3000 on a pistol! :huh::lol:

Cheap? Yes. I'm still drooling over some of the limited blasters you posted some time ago. Right now I'm trying to decide between scraping money to Ionbond my heater 1911 or buy boolets.

This works nicely. I had several "home-made" half scale and one third scale targets already made. A pain to make, but with the spray paint method, I did up a dozen for garage practice. (I use an airsoft.)

Thanks for the idea.

Bill

Thanks y'all. I'll probably suck it up and buy a box of 100 with brown pasters since each target will probably last a whole practice session. I can always use the brown grocery bags to replace the center if one gets really torn up. I'll poke about and see if anyone is cheaper than shooter's connection by any significant amount, otherwise I'll just order it all through them.

Give me a call tomorrow and I will give you a total with shipping. I am pretty sure with you being so close nobody can come close on the shipping. Our targets weigh 37lbs for 100. Sometimes shipping can be a little cheaper with the thinner, lightweight targets though.

Chuck is an excellent resource for targets. Also consider possibly investing a little money in steel. Instant feedback, less time wasted in pasting...I've even used rectangles of cardboard to simulate A zones, since that's all I want to hit.

Pasters are a must. Buy several boxes, then more roles and reuse the boxes.

Thanks for all the input and advice guys. I'm off interviewing for residencies at the moment and haven't gotten a chance to reply earlier. Steel would be sweet, if/when I have dedicated practice space of my own and I don't have to worry about lugging it around.

Chris