Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

one million CZ75s

eerw

Just thought it was kind of cool :D

THE CZ 75 PISTOL MODEL PASSED ONE MILLION PIECES (+ ONE PIECE) [23.10.2007]

Friday, 12th October was quite a jubilee day in Česká zbrojoka a.s., Uherský Brod as on this very day in festive atmosphere the millionth piece of, now already legendary, CZ 75 pistol, was assembled.

The CZ 75 D Compact pistol having Serial No. 999 999 has been assembled by Mr. Bronislav Fuksa, Zlín Region Councillor. This very handgun will be displayed at the Police Museum of the Czech Republic in Prague. Millionth piece – the CZ 75 B, which was assembled by the Minister of Interior of the Czech Republic, Mr. Ivan Langer, is to be featured as a special item at the Hall of Fame of this firearms company located in the town of Uherský Brod. The General Manager of CZUB, Mr. Lubomír Kovařík assembled piece with the Serial No. 1 000 001, this particular model was again the CZ 75 B. This handgun will be exhibited in a new retail store of Česká zbrojovka in Prague.

post-627-1193241481.jpg

General Manager of Česká zbrojovka a.s., Ing. Lubomír Kovařík holding in his hands the first CZ 75 pistol being made and its one millionth sister.

Holy cow! That gun did not even exist before 1975 and you rarely saw them on this side of the Iron Curtain before 1989 or so - and yet they've made a million of them? They've been busy.

If you include clones, how many have they made following that pattern?

Just thought it was kind of cool

This is, of course, from a guy who's own a couple percent of them at one time or another. :)

He has enough of them that they sent him the press release :cheers:

Sent him the press release? They flew him in to take that picture.

Hell, I thought he was barely a minority stock holder, with him, Matt, and Angus holding the lions share. Carlos, buy more and get in this group.

Buy more guns? Well - ok - if I must. :cheers:

Are you back east yet?

Holy cow! That gun did not even exist before 1975 and you rarely saw them on this side of the Iron Curtain before 1989 or so - and yet they've made a million of them?

A good dose of Capitalism and CNC machines as far as the eye can seen didn't hurt...

• 3 weeks later...
That's pretty amazing... :surprise: It's a testament to how good/reliable the gun is.

Anything that was bad could never have sold a million.

Have you ever heard of McDonald's?

McDonald's is just like a good service gun. No bells and whistles, you know what you're getting and they are consistant.

I think the comparison is a good one. I just look at McD's more as a business.

Personally I would have compared McDonald's to Glock........ :devil:

Damn! I'm already being pelted with rotten fruit.