Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FL Limited 08 - What if?

I got to thinkin', we have this little "mini-tour" in Florida in the Fall, Section matches, a single stack, the Monster, the Brian Haas. People still ask me when I'm gonna be dumb enough to host another match.

TOPIC RE-CENTERING

Here's what has evolved in my little mind so far in an effort to please all the people, and still keep the spirit of what I first had in mind.

Florida Limited, November 08.

$200 entry. BIG PRIZE TABLE

10+ stages. Shoot in one day. RO’s Friday. 100 shooters Saturday, 50 Sunday.

150 total paid slots + RO’s. Approx 175 shooters total. Every effort made to get 17+ guns and a trip to prize table for every shooter.

RO’s shoot free, and get trip to prize table. RO’s get minimum 2 guns, and 1st “non-gun” trip to prize table.

PRIZE TABLE ORDER:

2 guns for RO’s (guns and winner’s chosen by random drawing)

10 guns by raw order of finish. Winner gets choice in order.

Remaining guns awarded by random drawing.

Draw for 1st “non-gun” trip to prize table (RO’s only)

Draw for 2nd “non-gun” trip to prize (all shooters)

Remaining prizes by order of finish.

Special Prize for Top Minor

Special Prize for Top Single Stack

Special Prize for Special Catagories (Lady, Senior, Junior, LEO)

Plaque or trophy for classes.

Special Prize for Top 3 Teams

TEAM DETAILS:

“Handicapped” Teams made up of three shooters totaling no more than 11 “points”

GM=6, M=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. Unclassified shooters cannot participate in team competitions . Either get classified, or you may shoot as the highest classification you posses.

Additionally, each team must have one each; major, minor and single stack (10 rounds max). First 10 teams get $100 off entry fee ($500 per team)

****Need 100 paid shooters by April 30 or no go.****

Comments?

Some of it, like team point totals are still up for discussion. IF I'm going to do a prize table it will be something pretty close to this. I WILL take care of the RO's with min 2 guns, and first prize dippage. I'm hoping to have some sort of gift for RO's too, maybe all shooters, light knife, etc etc.

Edited by dirtypool40

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like making it a LIMTED ONLY match would be needlessly excluding a lot of potential shooters, but it's your match....

Leo has a point, why not call it The Fall Classic?

But, on the other hand, there are LOTS of SS matches that are filling up no problem.

Either way, I am bringin' my SS, or my 6"er, no my SS, but maybe, no, SS for me ;)

Sounds good to me. Looks like it might conflict a bit with Area 2 though. Are you going to have Class awards? Or just straight order of finish.

The Desert Classic is always the second weekend in November. That may keep the person who would win your match busy :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Chuck

Sounds fine, but you are setting yourself up for a small showing by leaving classes out.

You may want to think about doing the Lewis Scoring system to give everyone a chance to win, this way ALL shooters have a chance in their "possible" division of Gold, Silver or Bronze, as well as an Overall winner. Better chances for a gun equals more shooters wanting to get in on it.

Also not sure why you would want to exclude Open... Hell, I thought some of your best buddies shot open! I guess PaulW is on the out with you?? Just kidding about Paul, but not about Open. Why would you exclude a complete group of shooters... This is not the Limited Nationals (at least not yet), but more of another large local match with out of state shooteres coming in for the fun and thrills!

You know Malabar "may" be the place to try and hold something like this. Plenty of Hotels very close which is very important. I'm just saying...

Just some things to think about.

Sounds good. I "get" what Eric is going for. It might seem odd to folks who usually shoot other divisions, but here's a chance to shoot Limited against a deep pool of talent. Don't have a Limited gun? Bring your L10, Prod or SS gun and have some fun.

Texas has a "Limited Only" match, don't they?

And, why NOT a "Limited Only" Match ???

As Eric pointed out, (although not completely) we already have right here in Florida a "Production (only) Match" which was held here in South Florida last year, and is being scheduled again for the later days of this year. Then, there was the "First Single Stack (only) Classic Match" also here in South Florida (which was won by Eric Stanley) and is being repeated again this year in conjunction with the Brian Haas Memorial Match.

The only thing missing is a Limited (only) Match... (???) No, wait a minute ... we do not have a Open (only) Match either !!!!

Ok. One thing at a time. I am all in for a LIMITED ONLY MATCH, even though presently I shoot mostly Open. Hey, I see a lot of Open shooters doing their Limited "stints" part of the season just to sharpen their skills and tune-in their muscle memory to help them be better Open shooters. Most likely every Open shooter that I know has a Limited gun tucked away. So, bring them out and shoot them in this Match.

Who knows, maybe next year Eric might be shooting Open too. Look at Smitty: he is happy shooting both !!! And ... MAYBE somebody will come up with an OPEN ONLY MATCH. I am sure if it comes, the shooters will follow. Either one. :closedeyes:

And, why NOT a "Limited Only" Match ???

Sharyn can correct me if I am wrong, but the Monster Match did not fill up to capacity before the day of the match even with Limited, Open, Production, Limited 10, and one masochistic Revolver. Even if half of the Open guys dig into the safe and pull out a Limited gun, that still leaves you without the other half.

Once again, it's your match and you are free to do whatever you would like but I cannot understand why you would exclude a group of shooters when they could be accomodated without changing the stages or anything else.

JMO

Edited by L9X25

Sounds good. I "get" what Eric is going for. It might seem odd to folks who usually shoot other divisions, but here's a chance to shoot Limited against a deep pool of talent. Don't have a Limited gun? Bring your L10, Prod or SS gun and have some fun.

Texas has a "Limited Only" match, don't they?

Exactly. And almost everyone owns a limited gun of some fashion. Hell, load your high caps up on your G17 and come out to play. We'll do something like max 31 rounds so EVERY high cap gun of 15+1 or more (ie Berretta, M&P, Glock etc etc etc ) can get through every stage with no more than one reload.

And Leo, I get your point, and your a buddy. I'm not trying to exclude you, and the configuration is not final, just an idea. But for now I want to talk about it like it would be a Limited Only, head's up rumble. (You can borrow one of my Limited guns, btw).

Sounds fine, but you are setting yourself up for a small showing by leaving classes out.

You may want to think about doing the Lewis Scoring system to give everyone a chance to win, this way ALL shooters have a chance in their "possible" division of Gold, Silver or Bronze, as well as an Overall winner. Better chances for a gun equals more shooters wanting to get in on it.

I get what you're saying Mike, and I hope to get you and a lot of "OPEN" Shooters (PaulW is building a 6" Limited gun as we speak, and you can borrow the one of mine Leo's not using.) But, Nope, classes promote sandbagging and bickering. Some who shall remain nameless have made a career out of it. And no match I am ever in charge of will EVER use the Loser, I mean Lewis system. That is THE WORST way to award prizes I've ever heard of. I don't care about 9th place, but I really hope I finish 11th?!?!?! :wacko: ARGHGH!!!

Do any of you shoot the FL Open? How do those class awards work out for you with the Foriegn M's coming in as B's? I mean why even bother, right? Because it's a good match with a great field to test yourself.

And he awards what prizes there are by raw order of finish. Any of you "C Production shooters" I'm being so mean to get anything high $$ off the FL Open prize table?

*sound of Crickets*

But you still shot, right? So did I. And no, at 8th Limited this year I did not recoup my match fee in plunder or booty. And I will next year. Don't go to a match expecting to recoup your match fee at the prize table. you're better off staying home and saving the money you spent on everything including practice ammo. Go to the match because it's fun, and hopefully, tough competition. I promise, if I put it on, it will be a blast.

For the local Florida A-D's on the fence; look at it like the FL Open. No, it's not cheap, but it's cheaper than traveling to a big match, and with a little luck you'll get to test yourself against the best in the sport, and might even take home a nice little goody. If I get a good headstart, I am pretty sure it wil lbe a deep table everyone gets to visit. And I promise, no used shok-buffs, or once fired primers. :rolleyes:

I'm not doing anything cruel, or even unusual. Bring out ole' iron sights, run heads up, and have a chance at WINNING a prize.

At this stage it's just an idea though. I do like to put together a REAL prize table with a lot of juicy goodies on it. Hell in '01 we gave away an open gun, a 6" Limited gun and I think half a dozen custom single stacks, including a Heinie!!

I'd be sure to take care of the RO's with AT LEAST one gun just for them, and maybe a random drawing another for the shooters. I dunno, but I promise it would be fun.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :cheers: But.... I'm fresh out, you'll have to build your own gun. Hell, build us one for the prize table. :blush:

Ooooooooooooh $HIT!!! I see PaulW lurking, fun's over.

I was just kidding about a match. :mellow:

Edited by dirtypool40