Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Masterblaster closeing?

North

According to Burntcrispy in this thread http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54867 MastrerBalster is closing. :surprise::angry2::blink: Can anyone confirm or deny? If this is true it really sucks!!

Burntcrispy "Masterblaster is shutting down. I spoke with the owner on Monday and he said the rising cost of lead has made it impossible to continue running his business. I bought a Maxicase on Sunday and he said that he had to take some out of his personal stock to fill my order. (Apparently I got the very last order of 180 .40s).

You may want to call Precision to see if they have any .40s. I shoot their .45s and find them to be very accurate. As of right now I think they are the last vendor for Molys that's left. "

I've talked with the owner (Tom) and he tells me that is his intention....to shut it down once he finishes processing his last batch of lead. After hearing that...I ordered 13,000 bullets from him.

:surprise: wow! that's too bad. good product and customer service. can understand why considering all of the rising costs. hard to keep passing it along to the customers. get 'em while you can!

just tried to order after i first posted and i was too late :surprise::( !

Edited by dr2e

THIS SUCKS! I just changed to his bullets for my STI, and was looking into changing to MBs for ALL of my pistols. Someone convince him to just raise prices. Ya, its sucks, but they are still a hell of a lot cheaper than jacketed. Lead prices are predicted to drop in the futures.

Has anbody tried Billy bullets? Thye are not as cheap as master blasters but may be another alternative. I am trying some lead from bulletworks next week for practice and local matches.

The place I'm stationed at has the billy bullet website blocked as well, could you post some prices for thier 10mm/40sw offerings?

Application

Bullet Weight

Size Diameter

Per 100

Per 500

Per 1000

10mm/40

150 SWC

$ 9.00

$ 38.00

$ 74.00

Application

Bullet Weight

Size Diameter

Per 100

Per 500

Per 1000

10mm/40

180 FP

$ 10.00

$ 42.00

$ 81.00

Application

Bullet Weight

Size Diameter

Per 100

Per 500

Per 1000

10mm/40

180 RN

$ 10.00

$ 42.00

$ 81.00

Application

Bullet Weight

Size Diameter

Per 100

Per 500

Per 1000

10mm/40

200 FP

$ 10.00

$ 42.00

$ 81.00

this on top of shipping.

Edited by bulm540

Like I have posted on other threads................

Maybe it is time to mine the many thousands of tons of lead in the berms of the shooting clubs in our country. It is a valuable resource waiting for the right technology to "dig it out". At nearly $4,000 a ton for lead.....the time may be right.

Are any of you other Enos people intersted in this type busines ??? or I am I just talking to myself.

Edited to add---- send me a P M

Edited by MichiganShootist

Maybe a bit off topic, but if the Billy Bullet site is blocked, use a proxy server.

Go to http://www.amexbeo.com/Proxy/ and then enter the site you want to go to.

I tried to order 180 gr. .401's just now and they say they are unavailable. Looks like they are gone. Too bad for sure. Looks like the best game in town just shut down.

Edited by Right2Bear

Man this sux! <_< Guess Precision is the only "black" bullet to go with....Production is looking better and better due to the cost of bullets and the lack of companies carrying quality coated bullets....No competition is a bad thing. Won't be long before Precision raises their prices I am sure.

I'll be happy if precision is just able to remain in business. The only good thing about them being the only game in town is that more people will buy bullets from precision. Hopefully this will provide enough volume so that precision can still afford to buy lead at the very high prices and continue to provide thier service.

Has anbody tried Billy bullets? Thye are not as cheap as master blasters but may be another alternative. I am trying some lead from bulletworks next week for practice and local matches.

To bad to here MB is closing,

Billy Bullets are a very good moly coated bullet and Rudy is a great guy.

dcalvert

To bad to here MB is closing,

Billy Bullets are a very good moly coated bullet and Rudy is a great guy.

dcalvert

I had been buying BearCreek's moly coated bullets because they were cheaper than MasterBlasters and just as good but now it looks they dropped out as well. Precision makes a great product and I hope he stays in business. I will check out Billy Bullets.

I had been buying BearCreek's moly coated bullets because they were cheaper than MasterBlasters and just as good but now it looks they dropped out as well...

Fortunately, it turns out not to be true that BC is also closing down:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54921

Edited by kevin c

website said 180's unavailable, . . .email not returned, . . . .phones not answered, . . . and now the website is gone.

I remember a rumor a year or two that they were going to go out of business, but I thought they decided not to.

This sucks. :(

I really liked there bullets.

Maybe some good news coming. I just read an article in Bloomburg that said lead prices are due to plummet from around $3500 a ton in July to about $2122 a metric ton in the fourth quarter of this year. And an average price of $1792 a ton in 2008.

If this is true I hope the manufacturers will roll back prices also.

JFS