Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kate goes hunting

bgary

Suppressors are neither illegal nor restricted in the UK. If you can have any gun, you can put a suppressor on it. If that were the case here, I would use them.

Its perfectly legal here also....just pay the $200.00 tax and BATF paperwork.

not a big deal.

Jim

Suppressors are neither illegal nor restricted in the UK. If you can have any gun, you can put a suppressor on it. If that were the case here, I would use them.

not a big deal.

Jim

Well... In Washington State you can own it but you can't shoot it. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, it might be worth the $200 premium, but not if you have to go out of state to have fun with it.

not a big deal.

Jim

No big deal except that being so damn regulated and demonized has driven the price of a tube with funny shaped baffles in it to almost ridiculous level. Not as bad as machine gun though.

I got to hear a supressed .223 bolt gun inside a small room. Loud but not deafaning. Sounded kinda like a loud air powered nailgun. The can was just a little smaller than the one in the pic.

I read an article once that recalled that the inventor of the silencer, Hiram (Percy) Maxim, son of Hiram (Stevens) Maxim (inventor of the machine gun) intended the device to allow hunters to shoot game on Sundays without upsetting the good church folks who thought the practice offensive on the Sabbath. It earned him the nickname, "Dr. Shush".

[worthless trivia mode - off]

I own a bunch of suppressors. From 22lr handguns to my 50Boewulf AR. Very quiet. We can pot away at goats and deer and they just don't run away.

Down here in NZ I can get a muzzle can for 223 (8" long and 1 1/8" round) for $180US. Over barrel like the picture is around $400. Built into the handgun or rifle from $600.

If anyone is interested in pictures PM your email and I will sort through the camera and find some to send.

I own a bunch of suppressors. From 22lr handguns to my 50Boewulf AR. Very quiet. We can pot away at goats and deer and they just don't run away.

Down here in NZ I can get a muzzle can for 223 (8" long and 1 1/8" round) for $180US. Over barrel like the picture is around $400. Built into the handgun or rifle from $600.

If anyone is interested in pictures PM your email and I will sort through the camera and find some to send.

See what I mean about regulation driving price. I wouldn't, however, trade your gun laws for mine. Do you know if the laws in Australia are similar? Here in the U.S. we hear about how strict the Australian laws are but I've never asked an Aussie. Since you're almost next door, I though you might know.

How about a new whole thread full ???

Maybe they can take supressors out from under the NFA as a compromise in return for the NRA & republicans supporting the Brady Bunch's bill to tighten NICS??

Seems only fair to compromise - and get something in return. Why not supressors? (we can still dream, can't we??).

To bad the "class III lobby" in the US does not meaningfully exist.