Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daughter Is Getting Better

Jon Merricks

Some of you may remember a post from back in Aug 2001. I had a daughter that was born with a kidney disease. Since then we have been going back and forth to Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem, NC for test and more test. For over a year and a half she has not shown any improvements, but she has not got worse either. Finally we received some positive test results. The Doctor has finally said that she is showing significant signs of improvements. So much that we do not have to do anymore test until January.

I tried to find the old post from back then to again thank all that who said there thoughts and prayers would be us, but was unable to.

Nik, John and Mrs. Singlestack, and all the others Thanks for BEing a part of our lives.

Jon,

I wasn't aware of your original post but this is nonetheless wonderful news. As a father myself I understand the anxiety when a child is ill.

Anyway, you can add me to your list of well-wishers for your daughter. May she continue to get stronger and I will include her in my prayers too.

Jon,

I am glad to hear that she is improving. My daughter had a much less serious ailment and the joy we felt at having that come to what looks to be an end was overwhelming. I can only imagine how happy you must all feel. Keep us posted.

Best wishes,

-ld

Best news I've heard in a long time!!!

I confess I had forgotten about your first post. I was blessed with two increadible, healthy girls. I couldn't even imagine what you and your family have been through this last year and a half, or the impact this news must have for you now. Hearing stories like yours reminds me and I'm sure others how fragile things can be.

I hope this is just the beginning of the good news!!!

Jon,

I wasn't a member at the time of your original post, but you can count on your daughter being in the prayers of my wife and I. Best wishes from Australia to you and all your family.

George and Barbara

Jon,

My thoughts and prayers continue for her AND for you and for her mother. There is no greater pain that one can endure than to see their child ill and/or suffering. I am somewhat involved (as a longtime benefactor) with

the National Kidney Foundation, and know how trecherous these ailments can be. If there is ever anything that the Foundation can do for your family, please notify me and I will see if the N.K.F. folks here in St. Louis can get whatever you need accomplished in your geographic area.

Godspeed a full recovery for your little darlin'.

Jeffro