Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 IDPA Nationals Underway

Singlestack Wonder

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is it a time hog, but look at the points down folks are getting on it!

This just in ... Here's the stage description. Starting with your pistol unloaded and buried in 3 feed of mud, mags are on top of a 7 yard ladder (IDPA limits the amount of movement?). On the buzzer retrieve the mags and guns, dive into the saltwater aquarium, clean your pistol and load it. Then, shoot the moving target 18 times in the head while yelling "I don't wanna be a zombie meal" and retreating .... alternating between strong and weak hands ...

J/K. I too am curious. Can't wait to get the scoop on this and everything else.

ETA: Lot of Revolvers so far, way to "represent"!

Thought that Taran's score would be in that first batch?

Edited by kdmoore

This just in ... Here's the stage description. Starting with your pistol unloaded and buried in 3 feed of mud, mags are on top of a 7 yard ladder (IDPA limits the amount of movement?). On the buzzer retrieve the mags and guns, dive into the saltwater aquarium, clean your pistol and load it. Then, shoot the moving target 18 times in the head while yelling "I don't wanna be a zombie meal" and retreating .... alternating between strong and weak hands ...

Truely mis-informed about IDPA. :blink:

Yikes... At this moment... I'm glad I didn't get in.

One of the ESR Experts I would have been shooting against.. beat about 90% of the first day shooters in all Divisions.. including a number of Experts in other Divisions like CDp which should have a big advantage.... and he had an .82 second stage????? What the Hell is with that??? Two shots fired from the ready position??????

It looks like that guy needs a promotion. Watch out Jerry M.

Edited by MichiganShootist

Just got back from nationals. Long day of shooting. 8AM till 5PM with a 1 hour lunch break. Stage 14 is indeed 4 strings of standards including weak hand head shots. Some interesting stages with electronic gizmos to start you off instead of a timer including a camera flash and simulated elevator door. I did good on some stages and bad on others. Seemed to be par for the course.

Oh calm down, that was the funniest thing I've read all day!

Edited by Tindjin

Man, someone has to post what that was all about.

Stage was "Nationals Standards" 39 rounds total.

String 1, 7 yds, 3 targets: 1 shot each body then 1 shot each head, weak hand.

String2, 10 yds, 3 targets: 2 ea. tac seq followed by 1 head shot, strong hand.

String3, 15 yds, 4 targets: 1 each, tac load while taking a knee, then 1 each.

Strong4, 20 yds, 4 targets: 2 each around baricade from your strong side then 2 each around barricade from other side. Reload as you see fit.

Stage 4 was started low-ready. When visual barrier moves take a headshot on the target directly behind a no-shoot. I think my time on that stage was 0.77.

Time for bed, a long day shooting/driving.....

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Yikes... At this moment... I'm glad I didn't get in.

One of the ESR Experts I would have been shooting against.. beat about 90% of the first day shooters in all Divisions.. including a number of Experts in other Divisions like CDp which should have a big advantage.... and he had an .82 second stage????? What the Hell is with that??? Two shots fired from the ready position??????

It looks like that guy needs a promotion. Watch out Jerry M.

One shot from low ready to the head.

Nah. kdnoore has been shooting IDPA for years, as well as being one off the best SO's in our area. He's just making light of the situation.

You mean y'all don't ever have stages like that? ;)

Nah. kdnoore has been shooting IDPA for years, as well as being one off the best SO's in our area. He's just making light of the situation.

You mean y'all don't ever have stages like that? ;)

Thx for the kind words Bill. I think I should have highlighted the "J/K" part. We joke around a lot about uber "real world" or "tactical" stages in jest around here, but the net doesn't convey.

Lots of home town folks showing up in that list! Looks like VA is well represented too, congrats and I'm jealous!

Back to stage 14 ... Well, ~40 rounds explains the time weak hand headshots and 20 yd distance explains the points. You are really going to have to nail this stage to have any hope at all .... maybe I'm not so jealous :)