Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 IDPA Nationals Underway

Singlestack Wonder

Back to stage 14 ... Well, ~40 rounds explains the time weak hand headshots and 20 yd distance explains the points. You are really going to have to nail this stage to have any hope at all .... maybe I'm not so jealous :)

Excellent! Gotta love a good standards to separate the men from the whiners!!! :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! Gotta love a good standards to separate the men from the whiners!!! :D

Not to mention the women ;)

To anyone who asks me how I shot the match, my reply is "I had fun" :cheers: And my score isn't even quite three times! that of the current overall leader (Donnie Burton, who beat Taran by twenty plus seconds).

A few sprinkles of rain today cooled things off by about 10 degrees. Preliminary results now online show well over three hundred shooters.

Fun to get to meet a number of people I've only known online, as well as to see others again.

CONGRATS GOING OUT TO THE PA and NJ (peoples republic of) shooters for their performance at the IDPA Nats. from alot of us (even those that can't get out of C like me) who shoot the same mosly circuit of Topton PA, Central Jersey NJ, Old Bridge NJ, etc.

Our Shooters are:

Dave Olhasso - 1st Place CDP Master

Dave Marques - 1st Place SSP Expert (MD along with Jim Norman of Old Bridge - along with CJ, are the two premier venues in NJ - Gun Control advocates can kiss my ass)

Mryon Pollard - 3rd Place ESP Expert

and all the other guys from our area

* Congrats Matt Mink on 2nd place ESP Master - my CZ zen master

Jkushner1

I gotta wonder...in CDP, I've heard that Sevigny shot a G21SF; I wonder if Olhasso shot an XD and Langdon an M&P? If so, it could mean the end of 1911 domination as we know it.

Dave did shoot an XD and Ernie an M&P. I think it is premature to write the 1911 off, but these new guns have closed the gap on the old slabsides. I expect you'll see more and more of the XD's, M&P and SF's, simply because you can be really competitive with one and they are a hell of a lot cheaper than a tuned 1911.

Probably nobody here realizes that four days prior to this match Olhasso shot the ICORE East Coast Revolver Race in Open Revolver. Results aren't posted yet, but I suspect he did quite well and then went back to the XD without missing a beat.

As for the "local" shooters, let's not forget James Meyers of the New Jersey State Police who shot five points down the entire match and finished right in the middle of SSP Master. Don't worry... they don't all shoot as well as he does.

Oh, and was there a chronograph at this match? I see one DQ and one FTDR and not one of them was a CDP or ESR shooter. This is amazing! Can anybody tell us the percentage of competitors who fail to make power factor at a USPSA national championship? Just curious.

Dave Sinko

yeah. the top spots in CDP held by plastic guns!

a few other firsts.

in all the bottom feeder divisions there was a NEW national champion.

Bob Vogel's First national championship.

Dave Olhasso only dropped 16 points for the whole match.

Donnie Burton's first IDPA national title. He also won the Overall title! a 19 yr old kid form Ohio and student of Scott Warren.

Was that the SSR shooters first nats win? If memory is correct he is a poster her also.

I believe Randi Rogers was high lady? Her first nationals attendance. Shooting for Glock.

Gordon Carrol of S&W was about 3 seconds behind Bob in SSP.. constantly closing the Gap!! it can't be long until he claims the SSP title.

Lastly 2 National Champions are from Ohio!

Probably nobody here realizes that four days prior to this match Olhasso shot the ICORE East Coast Revolver Race in Open Revolver. Results aren't posted yet, but I suspect he did quite well and then went back to the XD without missing a beat.

As for the "local" shooters, let's not forget James Meyers of the New Jersey State Police who shot five points down the entire match and finished right in the middle of SSP Master. Don't worry... they don't all shoot as well as he does.

Oh, and was there a chronograph at this match? I see one DQ and one FTDR and not one of them was a CDP or ESR shooter. This is amazing! Can anybody tell us the percentage of competitors who fail to make power factor at a USPSA national championship? Just curious.

Dave Sinko

There was no chrono. I don't know why but there wasn't one. A bunch of us from NJ shoot the match and I thought we acquitted ourselves quite well across the board. Of course I didn't shoot as weel as I would have liked to but I missed most of July and August recovering from a broken foot. Ken Ortbach, the IDPA Postal Match co-MD and a fellow Garden Stater, won the SSR marksman title.

yeah. the top spots in CDP held by plastic guns!

A fine example of "It's the Indian, not the arrow", and all of them piloted by most excellent Indians!

The recent USPSA Production Nats had five different guns among the top ten places.

[thread drift]

We're finally seeing some diversity in practical shooting at the top levels. This can only benefit us, since now more "hometown" shooters can identify with winners, which can grow our sports, and I'm guessing that factories will start getting more serious in terms of sponsorship and match support now that it's more of a horse race. :)

[/thread drift]

Dave Sinko

I can't say for the USPSA Nationals, but I've worked chrono at a couple USPSA Majors and been MD at a few more. From that sample, I'd say you get about 2-4 per 150 shooters that don't make their declared power factor. Lets call that 1 in 50.

Even with that low amount...those that don't make it are often pretty close. If they used IDPA's method...chrono gun being the longest barreled gun that is legal for the division...then they'd probably do better than out of their own gun.

Really...the only way to catch cheaters is to pull ammo as they shoot.

Chrono is more of an honor system than anything else. (Sprinkle in a little preparation.)

We've probably beat this horse enough on the forum. But, if anybody feels the need...it deserves it's own thread (and not to drift this one more).

I'm always wondering what constitutes a fax paux that takes someone out of a procedural and into a FTDR. Anyone want to post info?

where are the videos!!! :P

The 2007 Nationals* video's are on you tube.

*got to admit, I didn't know slovenia had idpa

Oh, if you had ever been to the Nationals, you would know Slovenia had IDPA. I forget the guy's name, but he is hard to miss.

There are rulebook examples of FTDR (and some subjective stuff about "make a travesty of the defensive shooting sport.")

"2. Purposely committing a Procedural Error because your score will be better even with the penalty."

3. "Not reloading to fire one more shot because your score will be better even with the miss."

But you have got me started on my only remaining Major Rule Rant:

door No 1. Firing extra rounds so that you may reload at a more convenient time.

which seems in contravention of the definition of Vickers Count:

"...as many shots as desired may be fired."

Reportedly, the one FTDR during the Nationals was for "blatant round dumping." I guess they decided her desire to fire extra shots was impure, eh?

Reportedly, the one FTDR during the Nationals was for "blatant round dumping." I guess they decided her desire to fire extra shots was impure, eh?

Not impure, per se, but blatant and obvious. The SO on that stage made his expectations perfectly clear before hand. The distance to the target array in question was so close that it was fairly foolish to put three about an inch apart into the down zero, and then claim with a straight face that you weren't aware of your hits. It makes it even more obvious when that third shot just so happen to get you to slide lock and an convenient emergency reload before leaving cover for P3.

Edited by rubberneck

It is unfortunate that such a penalty needs to be accessed considering the $$$ outlay to attend a major match (travel, lodging, meals, ammunition ect) as the rulebook is clear on VICKERS COUNT SCORED STAGES

In Vickers Count scoring, as many shots as desired may be fired, but only the best hits as specified by the course description will be scored.

We now know (based on information provided here) that there is in fact NO SUCH THING AS VICKERS COUNT SCORING IN IDPA.

edit:

Sorry on a re-read of the rulebook I guess "desired" refers to the SO/CSO/Match Official and NOT THE SHOOTER. My bad

Edited by Crusher