Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Force injuried today

My sister just called me from Dallas and said that John Force and Kenny Berstein rann into each other after the finish line and John has 2 broken legs and a broken hand. She said the accident should be on TV tonight.

No head or spine involvement I pray. He and Kenny are the essense of the sports modern history.

My prayers are with John Force - a great man and promoter of his sport, although our audience much smaller, I feel that Brian, Robby and Todd field that role for our great sport. And of course the new guard, the army team, Max, Travis and JJ so many others, etc.

The USPSA should look to endorse a Nascar, or other high visibility endorsement.

Prayers can be the difference but only after the physical business is addressed properly.

TY

JK

The NASCAR announcers made the announcement during one of the cautions. One thing I like is the current trend in the motorsports (at least F1, Indy, and NASCAR) saying good things, swapping announcers, etc and just all living in peace.

Our prayers go out to John Force and the Force family. Love him or hate him, you have to admit he definately is a character!

Video looks like Bernstien hit one of the timeing boxes in the traps and kicked it into Forces R/R tire. At 315 the forces of the tire comeing apart destroyed the body work then the crash with Bernstiens car and the wall finished off the chassis. Those cars are tough but all those forces in diffrent directions at that speed? Brutal.------------Larry

Edited by lkytx

After watching all the views from the recorded race on the DVR I'm not sure about the tire blowing, the cones & light didn't seem to go under the car but behind it. When they towed the rear chassis away the tires were deflated but intact?

The cage split aft of the firewall with the leg portion of the cage and the steering column staying with the forward 1/2 of the car?

After watching all the views from the recorded race on the DVR I'm not sure about the tire blowing, the cones & light didn't seem to go under the car but behind it. When they towed the rear chassis away the tires were deflated but intact?

The cage split aft of the firewall with the leg portion of the cage and the steering column staying with the forward 1/2 of the car?

I feel it had to do with clutch/tranny area for it to split like that. they blow tires some times and doesn't cause them to split in half like that of course the body will blow off cause of the tire falling apart.. The orange blocks are foam with orange plastic reflectors on them for the timing system. That's what i think but who knows time will tell when they research it and find out exactly what happened. Tell you what i would think they would want the car to split a little further forward seems it split right at the seat and what about the legs?? just dangle out there with nothing to protect them?

You only saw the last marker go over to his car. There were several of them along with the traps that got shot into his car. I'd bet money that some of that caused the tire to blow. The tire could cause the frame to break, but I think it more likely that either the impact with Ken or the wall caused the car to break. Anyway, we will know soon enough as they investigate.

When the tire blew John pulled the chutes, the tire going must have fractured the chassis and when the chutes filled it broke the car the rear motor plate. On TV Paul Page commented that the chassis is made to break there but that doesn't seem right as it would leave the drivers legs exposed.

Force will be ok, compound fracture of the right ankle, broken right wrist, mangeled right fingers and one knee ground down to the bone (ugh!).

Saddest part is Ashley had the car to win and she pulled out because of the crash. She spoke to John before the heli. flew off but her team still quit. I'll bet John's not happy about that.

nhra & force's camp have verified the cones hit by bernstein did not come in contact with force's car...so, there's something else that occurred.

Of course not... then they would be liable for the crash. Also, Kenny and John are good friends... if it was something that got thrown into John's lane, the last person you would hear that from is John or his people. He's just to much of a man say that that caused it. He wouldn't want anyone thinking anything bad of Ken. Even though Ken did a great job to keep the car out of John's lane some people would balme Ken and John would know that and guard against it. Who knows... I guess they will figure it out sooner or later. I had another look at a dif video and the rear of the car did break away before ever hitting Ken.

Edited by JThompson