Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RM3-Gun

ccur

As some of you know, Kurt Miller, Benny Hill and Merlin Orr made a magnificent gesture at the awards ceremony of this match and I would like to give you the background.

We shoot with Jared Milinazzo, a junior shooter, here in Albuquerque, and he is just on fire to shoot! He is a really good kid, good student, and works at shooting very hard. He wanted to shoot 3 gun so we loaned him a pistol and a rifle/scope and Damon Stanforth loaned him a shotgun and we were off to the RM3 gun match.

He did very well at this match (it was his first real 3 gun match) and I was hoping he could pick up some small support so he could keep shooting 3 gun without borrowing every SINGLE thing. Benny Hill and Kurt Miller and Merlin Orr hatched up a plan (unbeknownst to me) to take Jared under their wing....and...BOY, DID THEY!!!

At the awards ceremony when Kurt Miller was called up to receive his trophy for his high placement in the match, he announced that he would be donating his prize to the top Junior Shooter...Jared!! The prize was a Sabre Defense AR15!!! I think I started crying...I thought that is the absolute nicest thing I have ever witnessed...I WAS WRONG.....Then, Benny Hill and Merlin Orr (Triangle Shooting Sports) gave Jared a pistol (STI EDGE!!!) and an M2 Benelli shotgun!! Is that the nicest, most amazing thing ever? I can't remember anything like that ever happening!! The Army team (Daniel Horner and Robby Johnson) were helping Jared with shooting tips, and everyone at the match went out of their way for him.

I can't believe I am so lucky to know such awesome people!! I am proud to calll you friends!!

Cheryl :)

absolutely freaking great story..

Kurt, Benny, Merlin..thank you for your gestures..you guys are great...as well as everyone in this sport...

thanks for posting that Cheryl..make for a great end to the weekend..

If I've said it once I've said it, well, I don't know how many times, but it's a lot:

I came into this sport for the shooting, but I stayed because of the people I found.

Everyone here on the BE forums knows what a class act these folks are. Now, even more people know. :wub:

Cheryl, I was glad to be able to work the last 2 days at this match, got to see friends, some I hadn't seen in a year, made new friends. That was one of the best rewards for being an RO. But I must say to be there and witnessed this event really marked it as a high point for this match! Thanks for bringing up a young competitor! :cheers: !

Hung

Thanks for creating this thread Cheryl...I agree with you that the guys at Triangle Shooting Sports are the best.

I was on the same squad with them this weekend and got to experience first-hand their generosity, helpfulness and kindness.

Benny, Merlin, Kurt, Ty, Daniel and Larry, (hope I didn't forget anyone)...you guys are awesome!

You have made an incredible investment into Jared Millinazzo and the future of our shooting sport.

I believe this particular young man has both the character and the shooting ability to be worthy of your gifts.

Nanci :bow:

Cheryl, GREAT story. I have know Benny for many years and he will take the time to help anyone. I know he has helped me over the years. Of course I shoot with them guys all the time (TY, Merlin and Larry). The help these guy gave an up and coming young and new shooter is GREAT for our sport.

Don't forget the two people who were mentoring this young man, drove him from Albequerque and let him use their firearms!!! Rod and Cheryl, you two are the best in my book.

Absolutely 100% a fact! Giving your time and love is the most genuine gift of all. :cheers:

• 1 month later...