Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 LIMITED NATIONALS - match underway

dirtypool40

As Jack pointed out, adding some weight to the can would have probably solved any problem. Using a duffle bag full of rags would have solved the problem.

My only concern is people spent a lot of money to attend this shooting competition that is supposed to be the best in our sport, yet a low-point monkey motion stage that should have set off all kinds of alarms long before the match started, and could have been corrected, exists to burn them because they don't carry a prop "correctly". This just shouldn't happen at that big of a match. The shooters don't like it and it puts staff would had nothing to do with stage design in a bad position. I would hate to have to work a stage like this and make the calls those ROs are having to make.

This is supposed to be about having fun....Right?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is a dumb question, but here it is :

Does the stages of the match are shot before ?

I mean, in France, ROs shoot the stages the day before the other shooters. So they can see for potential traps, wrong WSB or construction/safety issues. This avoid lots of problems during the main match.

Yes, typically the RO's will shoot the match before the Main match begins.

The ROs I talked to in this case said it was raining too hard when they were settting up to shoot anything.

Edited to add:

Watched the 3 stages the super squad shot today, TJ's pistol was a jam-O-matic on 2 of the 3. From listening to the banter going on, sounds like he was fighting gun issues most of the match.

Edited by Catfish

Yes, typically the RO's will shoot the match before the Main match begins.

The ROs I talked to in this case said it was raining too hard when they were settting up to shoot anything.

Edited to add:

Watched the 3 stages the super squad shot today, TJ's pistol was a jam-O-matic on 2 of the 3. From listening to the banter going on, sounds like he was fighting gun issues most of the match.

That's unfortunate about TJ. I'd love to see him shoot a match one day with a gun that actually worked.

Are they paying TJ enough to shoot a gun that does NOT work????

How can a guy like him, who has the ability to win, shoot a gun that is NOT capable of winning???

word on the street was that this was a fairly new pistol, and this was the first match he's shot with it. I don't know if that's a fact, but that's what folks were sayin'...

How can a guy like him, who has the ability to win, shoot a gun that is NOT capable of winning???

Gun problems have been his Achiles heel. It doesn't make sense to have skills at his level and gear that doesn't perform.

Gun problems have been his Achiles heel. It doesn't make sense to have skills at his level and gear that doesn't perform.

When he looks back on his career, bet he wishes he had a gun that worked instead of the $$

I don't think there was any change in the top three from yesterday. Not sure about that though.

Great match, staff, RO's, facility, all around good time. I didn't shoot great, dug a big hole the first day and a half but shot decent the last half of the match. Final results should be posted in the hotel soon.

It will be interesting to see how much affect the offending stage(s) had in the overall results. Unfortunate situation. I agree with Phil there was no advantage to doing what he did and one procedural should have been the call. Sucks I guess is the only answer.

Wish the 08 Nationals started tomorrow!

What is TRUELY amazing is that TGO only won ONE stage outright (out of 18), one 2nd place stage finish, 2-3rd place stage finishes (check out the rest) and won the match. That tells (or at least it should) you much about the game, and TGO.

Go "SILVERBACK" GO!!!! :cheers: (DP started it)

TGO really defines perfection in our sport. Hats off to him, again. And kudos to TT for such a great match as well. Six stage wins at a Nationals with a field as deep as this year's is just amazing.

Of course it looks like several folks would rather have a FTDR than the penalties they ended up with.

I don't know... I suspect that an FTDR hurts a bit more than the piece of 80 match points you didn't get due to procedurals... ;)

I don't know... I suspect that an FTDR hurts a bit more than the piece of 80 match points you didn't get due to procedurals... ;)

[drift]

I was just figuring that I'd rather have 20 seconds added to a stage so I could get at least a few points. If you have 80 points in procedurals you gots zippo for the stage.

[/drift]

Who has videos???????

Brett