Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem w/ uspsa.org?

I've received a couple of reports of this, but haven't figured out the cause yet.

If you are getting this "forbidden" message, please open a command window and run "ping www.uspsa.org" and let me know what numeric IP address it tells you it is pinging.

Thanks,

Rob

Last night I got the 403 error. This morning I get server not found:

C:\Users\Dale>ping www.uspsa.org

Ping request could not find host www.uspsa.org. Please check the name and try ag

ain.

i was having problems last night at work using standard address www.uspsa.org from my favorites list. when i changed it to www.uspsa.com it got me in, sometimes, but it seemed like i couldn't get into the members area...and some pages would not load at all.

i'm at home now, it appears to be working fine again.

Edited by driver8M3

I've added the following notice to the home page on the server we recently moved from:

USPSA has recently move hosting to a faster web server located at IP 209.62.63.82. The copy of the web site you are visiting resides on the old server at IP 67.15.14.83. It takes a while for updates to the DNS (Domain Name System) to propagate across the internet. Once your ISP's DNS server properly resolves USPSA.ORG, you will start reaching the site on the new server (and will no longer see this message).

ping www.uspsa.org

Pinging uspsa.org [209.62.63.82] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 209.62.63.82: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=52

www.uspsa.com resolved to the same IP

This was the only weirdness that I found (store):

NEW ARRIVALS!!

Looking for something new and exciting?

Warning: main(/user/www.uspsa.org/phpdbpw.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/uspsa/public_html/store/mainStore.php on line 31

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/user/www.uspsa.org/phpdbpw.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/uspsa/public_html/store/mainStore.php on line 31

Edited by ChuckS

I still can't get in to uspsa.com or uspsa.org from my home computer. Does anyone know how I can get in? Is there something I can do?

ditto,

I'd like to check my squad assignment for nats and can't do jack.

Great Success !

Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1>ping www.uspsa.com

Ping request could not find host www.uspsa.com. Please check the name and try again.

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1>ping www.uspsa.org

Ping request could not find host www.uspsa.org. Please check the name and try again.

Is it just me?? :goof:

This is a byproduct of updating the DNS, and all the various cacheing policies of ISPs. Rather than "ping" try "nslookup uspsa.org" and "nslookup www.uspsa.org".

If you know how to hard code a DNS address, you can set www.uspsa.org to 209.62.63.82. If you don't, I don't recommend it unless you know someone to provide support if you have a problem with it. And, if you hard code the DNS, remember to unhardcode it or you'll have trouble in a few years when we move to yet another server.

Rob

Rob, I truly do appreciate all the effort you have put into this. This is what nslookup gave me.

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1>nslookup uspsa.org

Server: dns2.huntel.net

Address: 209.74.232.2

*** dns2.huntel.net can't find uspsa.org: Server failed

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1>nslookup uspsa.com

Server: dns2.huntel.net

Address: 209.74.232.2

*** dns2.huntel.net can't find uspsa.com: Server failed

It appears to be a DNS problem on my end. I will contact my ISP tomorrow (after I try USPSA again) to find out if they are having a DNS problem and if not, how to hardcode an address.

Thanks! I was just hoping to get an update on the nationals squading but it will certainly wait until tomorrow. :blink:

Changed my router settings to use the DNS servers at OpenDNS.com and !Voila! I am again a member of the USPSA community. Hoo boy and dem servers are fast, too, even out here on Maui.

Edited by gino_aki