Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA voting

Merlin Orr

The second ballot was my only chance to vote.........

And I am happy for you, Howard.. :D No, Really. :cheers: But, I start wondering whats Really up when a recount of the hanging chads is done by Huey Long, the head of the Teamster's Union and Mayor Daley in the back of the filling station after hours. Call me a suspicious, cynical bastard if you must but I do question motives....... <_<

Call me a suspicious, cynical bastard if you must but I do question motives.......

The motive was simple - to protect every member's right to vote, while concurrently not going back on the representation we have made to the members who got their original ballot that it would count.

A vendor to a vendor to USPSA screwed up (the mailing service hired by the CPA firm that is hired by USPSA to run the election) and sendtthe ballot by "standard mail" (ie, "junk mail") rather than "first class mail".

Given the hand we were dealt, can you offer any insight as to how we could have better handled the situation?

A friend of mine moved. Changed address. Notified Sedro Wooly. Her second ballot arrived today. It had been forwarded because it was first class. Sedro has her correct address....they said so last week on the phone. But her first junk mail ballot was not forwarded because whoever is mailing them has her old address.

The second ballot was my only chance to vote.........

And I am happy for you, Howard.. :D No, Really. :cheers: But, I start wondering whats Really up when a recount of the hanging chads is done by Huey Long, the head of the Teamster's Union and Mayor Daley in the back of the filling station after hours. Call me a suspicious, cynical bastard if you must but I do question motives....... <_<

Uh, Edwin Edwards wins for USPSA president? :ph34r:

Troy

Sedro has her correct address....they said so last week on the phone. But her first junk mail ballot was not forwarded because whoever is mailing them has her old address.

HQ creates the list of eligible voters, including their addresses, on the first business day of July [bylaw 6.5], and turns the list over to the CPA firm with the unaddressed ballots instructions to let the USPSA Executive Director know the results. Once that list is turned over to the CPA firm, USPSA is out of the loop and no modifications or changes of addresses are made to it. The re-sending of the ballot used the exact same list as the first one. So, if the change of address was relatively recent, this could account for the ballot going to the previous address.

There is no conspiracy here, but I would not be surprised if there was not controversy (more) when the votes are counted.

I would be surprised. The election is run by an independent CPA firm, not USPSA. In fact, USPSA doesn't even have access to the correlation between the numbers printed on the ballot and the member name. The mailing house does, which is how they were able to send a second ballot with the same number with no compromise in the confidentiality of your vote.

Call me a suspicious, cynical bastard if you must but I do question motives.......

The motive was simple - to protect every member's right to vote, while concurrently not going back on the representation we have made to the members who got their original ballot that it would count.

A vendor to a vendor to USPSA screwed up (the mailing service hired by the CPA firm that is hired by USPSA to run the election) and sendtthe ballot by "standard mail" (ie, "junk mail") rather than "first class mail".

Given the hand we were dealt, can you offer any insight as to how we could have better handled the situation?

Hey now...Don't you go to rebuttin me with truth and logic.... You know I can't stand that type of behavior. All I can say is TO ME it sounded like it came from the grassy knoll. :blink:

Hey now...Don't you go to rebuttin me with truth and logic.... You know I can't stand that type of behavior. All I can say is TO ME it sounded like it came from the grassy knoll. :blink:

Grassy Knoll with a hired hand.......

I finally opened my second ballot mailing today. It had a very nice letter of apology from Direct Mail Network to Jacobson Jarvis & Co. LLC. The best line was, "Bulk rate indicia was mistakenly selected from our database and affixed to the carrier envelope." WTF is an "indicia" anyway? :surprise: Even my spell checker choked on that one. :lol:

in·di·ci·a /ɪnˈdɪʃiə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-dish-ee-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–plural noun, singular -ci·um. 1. a postal marking used rather than a stamp or a regular cancellation on each item in a large shipment of prepaid mail.

2. Often, indicium. a. a printed message or instruction, esp. one stamped on a package: an indicium of “bulk mail.”

b. an indication or token.

I received my 2nd ballot on Saturday. It only had Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama on it. :surprise: I'm not sure who to vote for, I may have to pencil in Akidale. :blink: I think Merlin may be right about this. :rolleyes:

Edited by North