Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power - STI

dkjuspsa

Guys,

I too found the look of the K100 confronting ! :unsure:

But a couple of members at my club have them and enjoy competing with them.

I've been a Glock shooter since 1988 and recently swithched to a M&P 9mm.

I actually was impressed with the pistol when I had the opportunity to shoot one.

The trigger pull is quite good and the reset is fantastic. A fibre optic sight was fitted to this pistol - not sure if it was factory or not.

A bit more muzzle rise than a Glock or M&P on firing but not as much as my Beretta 92.

The pistol seems good value selling for about AUS$600 here compared to $750 for a G17A or $950 for an M&P.

Worth a look and in my opinion a better pistol than an XD.

Kirby.

Thanks Kirby!

Our Australian friends were also good enough to do a head-to-head comparo of the Grand Power and the other top players in tProduction division; the review is HERE UNDER EQUIPMENT REVIEW

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard STI will sell the enhanced version of the original pistol.

A better trigger is supposed to be inside.

I handled the pistol at the IPSC European's in September, and it fits pretty well in the hand.

Fiber Optic and adjustable rear sights are supposed to be a part of the package too.

Check one of the Skinnergram's (maybe October or november 2007) on STI website, Dave Skinner is explaining everything.

21.jpg

With the GP6, STI International, Inc. delivers a compact SA/DA polymer pistol which serves equally well either on or off duty. With its integrated tactical rails, it is equally suitable for Military, Law Enforcement or Civilian carry.

Built on a light weight, highly durable polymer (Polyamide GF 30) frame, the GP6 incorporates integrated tactical rails and textured side panels, front and rear straps. The GP6’s all steel slide is tri-topped with front and rear cocking serrations and features a fixed 3 dot sight system. The controls consist of ambi-thumb safeties, an ambi–slide release, firing pin safety, and a user configurable magazine release for equal ease of use in either right or left handed configuration. The barrel is 4.25” in length featuring an innovative rotational lock up system. Long term durability testing units have fired more than 110,000 shots without any change in internal geometry. The GP6 comes standard with a storage case, 2 magazines, and sight keys.

The GP6 is currently available exclusively in 9mm.

Edited by Rocket35

More info:

info from STI's SkinnErgrams #102

O.K.! I saved the best for last this time and still may be premature in this announcement. Here goes, anyway!

STI International, Inc. of Georgetown, TX and Grand Power s.r.o. of Banska Bystrica, Slovakia officially announce their Business Alliance!

That�s about the most formal I have ever gotten in a SkinnErgram and it felt pretty good!

I�ve had conversations with many of you throughout this year alluding to some big things in the works for our future product lines. This is one of them!

First, the easy part of this deal to explain: Grand Power has agreed to represent and distribute STI International products throughout many of the old "Warsaw Pact" countries and several other countries where we have no representation or contacts. We welcome the entire Grand Power group into the STI family. They are a fine group of people with a series of innovative products and a well grounded understanding of the international import/export firearms business.

Now for the more involved portion of our side of the explanation. As mentioned above, GP currently manufactures, and to some extent exports, a varied product line of semi-automatic pistols. Additionally, STI�s personnel have suggested and GP personnel have concurred on some upgrades and/or new products, some of which we will discuss here.

Probably the easiest way to start is to direct you to the Grand Power website so that you may become generally familiar with the GP named products.

http://www.grandpower.eu

NOW, in no particular order, here are the things that STI and their network gain from this relationship.

1. STI will be representing GP in all those countries where STI currently has representation, actually in competition with current GP Distributors in those areas where GP already has exposure.

2. STI will be the exclusive distributor for GP in the U.S.

3. GP will be building some of their products exclusively for STI and STI�s Distribution network, worldwide, that will not be available through GP�s normal network.

4. To save on shipping costs, STI Distributors may purchase both GP standard products and STI specific products (built by GP) directly from GP at the STI Distributor, volume negotiated, price. This is highly recommended for all business you European folks will be doing under this program.

5. All U.S. and Canadian orders should come through the US. Orders for less than 100 units for Australia and most of Asia should be directed through us here in the US. These orders for less than 100 will be consolidated with your normal shipments. Orders for more than 100 units from Australia and most of Asia may be taken directly to GP for the shipping savings. Your prices do not vary with your order entry or shipping point.

6. Currently ONLY the GP product, the K100, has been approved by the U.S. B.A.T.F for import into (or through) this country, so that will be the first product available here or, in quantities of less than 100, to Australia and most of Asia. The GP product, the P1, has been submitted for approval. Those are the only two GP specific products that are being submitted at this time. For all other GP specific products you must go directly to GP, regardless of quantity, for the time being.

7. The only current product that we will call STI specific is the GP6. This is (what we consider) an upgrade to the K100 which STI has contributed to. It is currently available to ALL of you except the U.S. and Canada, directly from GP for the moment. Samples have been submitted to the BATF for approval for import and we have every confidence that the approval will happen without delay. This product, like all STI specific products, will not be available outside of STI�s distribution stream.

8. The next STI specific product will be called the GP7. We won�t discuss this one in depth right now because of pending patents. I honestly expect this one to not be available for 8-9 months. (Maybe 11 in the U.S. and Canada, depending on the approval cycle.)

This is a "for real" opportunity for many of you and Grand Power is a "for real" company experienced in firearm manufacturing. Mike Voigt and I have been there. We have toured the GP facility and all of their vendor�s facilities. We have been with them when they demonstrated their products to law enforcement agencies in Slovakia. We have inspected and test fired samples directly off the production line.

Additionally, I was present in Cheval Blanc, France last month when the Slovak Team won the Production Division portion of the IPSC Level IV European Championship. While I was there, we exhibited a STI GP6 and allowed other country�s teams and individuals to test the new model. All were pleased and pronounced it to be a better gun than the ones they were currently using. No one was appalled by the price.

We look forward to a long, pleasant, and profitable relationship with Grand Power and we are sure that you will be pleased with the products we bring you, together! Website updates and pictures to follow shortly.

Select fire K100

There is more to life than good looks but that is one ugly gun. I am sure that there will be some shooters that will give them a go but they have a long uphill battle to get a place at the table. I wish them luck as we are all winners when we have more choices not less.

I hate to rain on this "Love Parade" but take a close look at the bore axis. Can we all say muzzle flip together.

Looks likely. At least S&W realized that low bore axis is important. Maybe STI can request a design-alteration?

On the other hand, STI has shown they stand behind their products - even if they don't actually make them (like their STI Spartan 1911) and STI supports us - not to mention the possibility of contingency $$$.

While I'm hardly going to give up my CZs, I am pleased to see more brand competition in Production.

The bore axis was a little high on the one I played with, but not as bad as say a Sig, and people use those ;)

The rotating barrel lockup is going to be the interesting thing IMO. Not sure which way it'll come down though.

The bore axis was a little high on the one I played with, but not as bad as say a Sig, and people use those ;)

The rotating barrel lockup is going to be the interesting thing IMO. Not sure which way it'll come down though.

I was wondering about the rotating barrel thing too; it appears similar to Beretta's PX 4 Storm LINK TO BERETTA USA PX4

-that gun has not really caught on in popularity - at least in this section of USPSA - but is it a viable action? No doubt about that. Beretta's been making such guns for quite a while (in addition to their much older 90-series tilting block guns).

Flex - 'smatter with a 9mm 180 grian over some N310??!? I thought you were FOR having .22s in USPSA? (-or do some of us already have them :ph34r: ).