Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More aggressiveness is needed in your movments. Replace the half jogs/runs with real running and your stage times will be faster. The same goes for some of your gun handling, transitions, and what not. Get aggressive!!!

Could you please show me where I was half jogging and not reloading, clearing a jam, slipping or shooting?

Edited by steel1212

You should be able to see what I am talking about in your own video's. Do I really need to point it out in exact detail?

I wouldn't have asked if I knew where you where talking about. Every single time I had to move in that video I had to do a reload, take a few steps then shoot. The biggest stage in the match I had to clear jams due to my mags. So yes please point it out for me.

Single Stack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSREBObDiII L10

Todays Match in Single Stack video...I never shoot the match that I match direct very well.....ever :angry2: and today was no different. On top of that my sexy gun started to turn into a jam-o-matic from slide lock so I had to go back to old faith full half way during my L10 run.....I'll have the scores up when I get done entering them tomorrow but it won't be pretty on my end as I'm sure Want2Race stomped a mud hole in me in SS.....AGAIN :roflol:

Edited by steel1212

I removed the stage the CHA-LEE is referring to because I'm not going defend myself when I'm trying to show people a match and show a video for me to use to work on my performance. Yes I had a early shot but it was down range and AFTER the reload. I'll post the rest of the stages for everybody to see when it gets done up loading to youtube.

Edited by steel1212

I don't mean to pick on you, but........ In the last video that you posted, HOW did you not get DQed for the AD during your reload??? (Time line 0:59 in the video). You also have an early shot post reload on another stage. If I was in the same situation even if the RO didn't stop me after having the AD I would have stopped myself for a self imposed DQ. Safety should be paramount at all times.

I don't mean to pick on you, but........ In the last video that you posted, HOW did you not get DQed for the AD during your reload??? (Time line 0:59 in the video). You also have an early shot post reload on another stage. If I was in the same situation even if the RO didn't stop me after having the AD I would have stopped myself for a self imposed DQ. Safety should be paramount at all times.

There is a reason videos and pictures aren't allowed in arbitration, because if you where not there you don't know what happened. Those 2 shots where early but the first one was not during a reload it was immediately after it and was actually on target. The second one was a miss but just barely as it grazed the head but didn't break the perf. Oh and I was shooting with a whole squad of ROs on friday not just one or 2, I do believe that if I did something to DQ they would have DQed me for it.

Edited by steel1212

I am not trying to get into a flame war with you on this. I am just voicing my opinion on what I seen and what you posted up to be seen. To me an Accidental Discharge is just that, Accidental. This to me means that if a shot fires when I do not intend it to, no matter if it was .01 second or a full second before or after I intended it to fire or even hits the target, its still an AD. You can nit pick the rules for the semantics of what the technical limitations are on what qualifies as an AD or not in a match. But in the end, the gun still discharged when you didn’t intend it to. You even stated that the shots were “Early” so you know they fired before you really intended them to. Call it what you like, or put the responsibility of right/wrong onto the RO’s. Do what you want with this as all I can do is express what I seen in your video.

I can tell that if this happened to me, I would have DQed myself on the spot because I fired the gun before I intended it to fire. I have actually DQed myself for this exact thing because for me, safety is paramount. I was glad that I DQed myself in that situation because my trigger had lightened up to just over one pound without me knowing and it was too light to be safe for me in match conditions. But in the end it comes down to personal choice doesn’t it?

Edited by CHA-LEE

One did look like it suprised you a little bit about 40-42 secs in. It has happened a few times to me. They were all low hits on target. When I practice I try to keep it in mind. Luckily never been dq'ed on it. Looks like some of your mags are hanging up also. Nice runs though. I try SS every now and then for somehting different. Makes my accuracy come back around when I shoot limited.

Mike

One did look like it suprised you a little bit about 40-42 secs in. It has happened a few times to me. They were all low hits on target. When I practice I try to keep it in mind. Luckily never been dq'ed on it. Looks like some of your mags are hanging up also. Nice runs though. I try SS every now and then for somehting different. Makes my accuracy come back around when I shoot limited.

Mike

The mag issue I'll have fixed this week. I'm running experimental followers for a company and they need one more touch and should be 100%.

Todays IDPA match, I got a procedural and a Non-threat But I think my times on the other 6 stages where pretty good. The best stage I had was a very fast mover that you had about 4 feet of visiablity on it and you had to put 3 on it. After we shot it the MD came up to me asking how many I got on it, I told him I was down zero and shot another paper before I shot it of course it didn't make the video...it was sweet I swear!

1 Corey Estill ESP EX 118.62

2 Frank XXXX ESP EX 126.00

1 Jason XXXX SSP SS 150.38

1 Lin XXXXXX SSP EX 165.52

2 Mike XXXXX SSP SS 175.95

and 18 others.

Edited by steel1212

Got the limited gun out today. First stage was ruff but I warmed up after that :D

1 Mike F 29 TY47474 M Limited Major No No No No 544.6186 100.00%

2 Corey Estill 26 A57351 A Limited Major No No No No 506.2623 92.96%

3 Barry W 27 FY37438 M Limited Major No No No No 483.0652 88.70%

4 Roy H 39 A63902 B Limited Major No No No No 421.0515 77.31%

5 Jerry M 38 TY30950 B Limited Major No No No No 393.7131 72.29%

6 Rick S 37 L2137 B Limited Major No No No No 380.8403 69.93%

7 David C 25 A27102 B Limited Major No No No No 334.4222 61.40%

8 Colin V 1 TY56436 C Limited Major No No No No 326.7398 59.99%

9 Rick B 34 A59779 C Limited Major No No No No 325.3576 59.74%

10 Paul S 30 TY58577 C Limited Major No No No No 297.4764 54.62%

I finished 10th on El Prez, the first stage that was in early in the cold morning and had a jam and a mike on it, thought I was clean for the day but guess not. The rest of the stages I had 2 first place finishes, 2 seconds, and a 3rd.

Edited by steel1212

You had a solid match Corey. Don't sweat that classifier, it was early, cold, and our first stage. You hung tough the rest of the day, and I was sure you were close all day. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, that stage SUCKED :roflol: I'm going to give the fatty another run sunday as well :cheers:

Corey, the first reload I did at the Production nationals, I went for a moonclip. Glock 17s don't take moonclips, sadly.

You'll break out of it, but it's a hard transistion going from a man's gun to these wimpy "bucket of bullets" guns. Just think "shoot, shoot, shoot" and the reloads can be nice surprises.

H.

Corey, the first reload I did at the Production nationals, I went for a moonclip. Glock 17s don't take moonclips, sadly.

You'll break out of it, but it's a hard transistion going from a man's gun to these wimpy "bucket of bullets" guns. Just think "shoot, shoot, shoot" and the reloads can be nice surprises.

H.

LOL, I actually didn't have that issue sunday, or at least I don't remember doing it if I did. Hell I even grabbed the right mag when I did my reloads.....then again I've been dry firing it all week prior :-)

You had a solid match Corey. Don't sweat that classifier, it was early, cold, and our first stage. You hung tough the rest of the day, and I was sure you were close all day. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, that stage SUCKED :roflol: I'm going to give the fatty another run sunday as well :cheers:

That sounds sort of dirty, give the fatty another chance!