Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Yet again I let one stage kill my match. I do know what I have to practice. My one shining moment:

1 Corey Estill 198 A Single Stack 32 0 3.76 8.5106 35.0000 100.00%

2 Todd Jarrett 325 M Single Stack 29 0 3.60 8.0556 33.1288 94.65%

Cool! :cheers:

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet again I let one stage kill my match. I do know what I have to practice. My one shining moment:

That is pretty sweet!!

That is pretty sweet!!

My HF was something like 23 overall, with no comp, dot, magwell, just me and my Single Stack. Had to drive that popper down as it was SLOOOOOW.

Good job Corey! It was nice to finally meet you, and thanks again for the video job you did for Susan. You going to the Mississippi match?

Other than A6 and the PROAM I'm staying close to home for my major matches this year. It to hard for me to switch being on call and being MD for 2 matches.

Time to trim the fat.

Weight 197 with flab

Goal 195 cut like I was at the start of shooting before the wife came home from vet school :D

Went to the Gym today for the first time in a long time. I did your typical stuff, ran for 30 minutes to get the heart rate up and did chest and triceps. I'm just looking to do high reps and trim down currently. My gym also has some classes I might try as well.

I used the 5 day plan for strength and it has worked wonders for me. Use at leat 3-5 exercises for each muscle group.

A lot of guys are using Crossfit/P90X/300 style workouts and they also have great results!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59221

This is what I was using during my last deployment and I went from 205 down to 180 in 4 months.

Day 1 - Chest(include a Tricep workout or burnout in this)

Day 2 - Back(Pull-ups are the best)

Day 3 - Legs (no squats try to find an alternative)

Day 4 - Shoulders(Plate raises are awesome for this)

Day 5 - Arms

Rest for 1-2 days then start again.

After every other day's Strength workout I included 30-45min of cardio. The other day I included an abdominal workout. Alternate abs and cardio days to keep your body guessing.

I used the 5 day plan for strength and it has worked wonders for me. Use at leat 3-5 exercises for each muscle group.

A lot of guys are using Crossfit/P90X/300 style workouts and they also have great results!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59221

This is what I was using during my last deployment and I went from 205 down to 180 in 4 months.

Day 1 - Chest(include a Tricep workout or burnout in this)

Day 2 - Back(Pull-ups are the best)

Day 3 - Legs (no squats try to find an alternative)

Day 4 - Shoulders(Plate raises are awesome for this)

Day 5 - Arms

Rest for 1-2 days then start again.

After every other day's Strength workout I included 30-45min of cardio. The other day I included an abdominal workout. Alternate abs and cardio days to keep your body guessing.

Yeah, once I get going again I'll do pull ups. It always amazed me how few people could do a full set of pull ups. It takes a lot more than people think to do 3 sets of 10.

During my dry fire today I noticed something a little weird. I'm having trouble doing reloads with my limited gun. I think I'm trying to hard but damn I can load a SS with my eyes closed. Is it just getting used to different mag setup again? I tried putting the mags around to the side like my SS mags where and that just didn't feel right.

Add a transition to your reload drill, or add movement. Stop THINKING about the reload and it will find it's home.

...and cut out the 340 calorie Mountain Dews. Or make the switch. You know what I'm talking about.

Add a transition to your reload drill, or add movement. Stop THINKING about the reload and it will find it's home.

...and cut out the 340 calorie Mountain Dews. Or make the switch. You know what I'm talking about.

I got some apple juice....that what your talking about?

Well I took somebody's advice and I'm drinking diet dew...man this going to take some getting use to. Its a big swing in calories though as in from 350 to 0. I'm going to have to learn to take it easy at the gym until I get my body back into it. I worked out tuesday back and biceps and my biceps are still killing me and my back doesn't even hurt a little. Its going to take a while to get my arms back up to my chest and back's strength I guess. I'm still at 197 weight but I think I'll start to see that come down in the next few weeks.

I've been dryfiring my limited gun, the reloads still feel awkward and I just know I'm going to want to reload when I move. Picking one spot to reload instead of 4 is going to take a while to get my brain back into it though. I'll be sticking with the limited gun for awhile though as I don't want to bounce around between SS and limited a lot. When I stuck with SS i saw drastic improvements so I'm hoping I see the same with the limited gun. As Flex says, "pick a gun and shoot!"

Picking one spot to reload instead of 4 is going to take a while to get my brain back into it though.

Ok, what do you mean? Ya lost me.

A.T.

Single stack vs Limited.

Yup, its ingrained in my brain right now. So much so that at A6 I shot 2 targets on the left and reloaded while I turned to shoot one target to the left then reloaded again when I left that position!