Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Picking one spot to reload instead of 4 is going to take a while to get my brain back into it though.

Ok, what do you mean? Ya lost me.

A.T.

Single stack vs Limited.

Yup, its ingrained in my brain right now. So much so that at A6 I shot 2 targets on the left and reloaded while I turned to shoot one target to the left then reloaded again when I left that position!

I need to figure out everything in 6s!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

195 pounds.

I'm not really keeping track of the weights. I just pick a weight and push it out until I can't anymore then move down. I run for at least 30 minutes to get the blood going first and I'm only drinking one regular Mt.dew a day, usually in the morning to get going. The rest of the day its diet Mt. Dew or juice. I've been eating a lot of sandwhiches as well instead of fast food and fried things. Hopefully this will pay off.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's match was SS/Production/Revo only match. USPSA rules and I was the MD. Did get beat by a Production shooter in the Overall....not sure how that could happen :rolleyes:

Scores

Important thing....

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Estill, Corey A57351 A Single Stack Major N N N N 606.2128

100.00%

2 Griffin, Steve A4159 B Single Stack Major N N N N 598.5949

98.74%

3 Crager, David A18426 A Single Stack Major N N N N 562.0848

92.72%

4 Haas, John TY58091 U Single Stack Major N N N N 535.6689

88.36%

5 Himler, John TY49485 U Single Stack Minor N N N N 494.6031

81.59%

6 Umansky, Steve TY56873 U Single Stack Major N N N N 450.7742

74.36%

7 Butler, Dave A50141 U Single Stack Major N N N N 440.4913

72.66%

8 Skeeters, Ken FY2113 C Single Stack Major N N N N 407.0312

67.14%

9 Merryman, Dave FY50947 C Single Stack Minor N N N N 392.1989

64.70%

10 Tryon, Tom A60566 D Single Stack Major N N N N 353.9909

58.39%

Had a little gun problems on the last stage, blazin, need to have the war horse looked at. Had a mag come out of my pouch with a bullet half way out on "lost at home" which cost me a lot of time and didn't go one for one on the steel today....need to clean that up!

Edited by steel1212

Today's match was SS/Production/Revo only match. USPSA rules and I was the MD. Did get beat by a Production shooter in the Overall....not sure how that could happen :rolleyes:

Not sure whether to take offense or not, you calling me a production shooter and all. :sick:

Not sure whether to take offense or not, you calling me a production shooter and all. :sick:

:roflol:

Indiana Sectional on friday

Way to many penalties, Want2race told me to stop trying and just see the sights. Next stage 30 A 2 C and tops on my squad. To little to late though. Had a couple hammer follows. Luckily I pack a gunsmith with me and he bandaged my gun to get it to work to finish up the match. He'll have it in his hands this week to freshin up the trigger...something that should have been done BEFORE the match, yes I know better. Waiting on the results but I'm not holding my breath.

Local match today. Don't have the video done yet but did win limited.

1 Estill, Corey A57351 A Limited Major N N N N 440.6454

100.00%

2 West, Barry FY37438 M Limited Major N N N N 406.8528

92.33%

3 Spicer, Steve U Limited Major N N N N 405.7951

92.09%

4 Cambron, John REENTRY B Limited Major N N N N 276.4239

62.73%

5 Davis, Ryan A60496 C Limited Major N N N N 210.7364

47.82%

6 Crump, Carter REENTRY U Limited Minor N N N N 174.9508

39.70%

Edited by steel1212

On my way back from the PROAM in Aikidale's RV. Had a very fun match shooing open and limited with my 9mm limited gun in both. Got to shoot with Julie Golob on sat, got my picture taken with her and Rob Leatham as well on sat....GREAT PEOPLE! I'm sure they get wore out with us asking for pictures and autographs but they are still all smiles, thanks guys!

For the match, I didn't shoot real well on sat in open with my 9mm limited but it was a nice warm up. I'm very pleased with my limited gun the next morning though. I finished 3rd A, 9th overall out of 160 limited shooters. Got a nice plaque and some cool prizes for it. I know my friends on the trip have heard it a million times now but if it wasn't for a range equipment failure I would have been 2nd and I have it on video :angry2: . I'm and NOT upset at the ROs, Phil, or anybody else that runs that match, I just happened to be the guy that got beat by a piece of still that would not fall on a stage that reshooting was just to hard for me to accomplish.

The stage was setup with 4 50 yard poppers worth 5 points each, then you run 35 yards, grabbing a ammo can on the way to place on a table at the shooting area where there where 6 big poppers to the left, a plate rack and a US popper in the middle, and 6 US poppers on the right. I hit the 1st 50 yard popper, you can hear the hit, and it didn't go down. I hit the second, third, and fourth. I then come back and hit the 1st one again, called the shot, heard the ding, and left hauling butt. Get down range and get 6 more poppers, so I had 26 on the stage, until I look over and see the big popper standing. Come to find out it had been shot so much that the tab on the back holding it up had bent back and it couldn't rock forward when hit due to sitting to far back. It got adjusted and calibrated so I got a reshoot. Problem with that was I was the next to last shooter, last shooter goes, then me again.....for 50 yard poppers and another 35 dead sprint. This time I barely got the 4 fifty yard poppers for 20 points. So I went from what should have been 26 if the popper would have worked to 20. I was 4 poppers out of 2nd place overall and 1st A :sick: I'll post the raw video before editing it when I get home.

Again, I'm NOT upset with the ROs, Phil or any match staff. It was the RIGHT call and what had to be done it just sucks that it happened but that is the way things go.

This was my first time at the match and it was nothing short of amazing. I got to watch some of the super squaders in open shoot. I was shooting limited the same time as they where so I couldn't watch them shoot that but it was fun to get to meet some of them.

Edited by steel1212

Sounds like you shot very well Corey, congrats. What did ya win?

The main thing I got was a lower for a AR10 made by some company....I'll have to go dig it out, but it looks nice. Also won some stuff for open as well but nothing special. Plaque is cool

"THE" stage from the PROAM that cost me 2nd

Because I know somebody will think it or say it. The first hit was low, and the second was in the calibration zone just left of center as told to me by the RO.

Edited by steel1212

• 1 month later...

Since the PROAM I've gone back to shooting Single Stack. Just getting warmed back up to the twins. Here is a couple videos, one is Steel challenge shooting a .22 conversion, the other is the ORSA 250 from Oak Ridge TN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98AQh1T2gVE Steel Challenge (.22 from the holster for the practice and still finished 3rd in rimfire behind 2 masters :D )

ORSA 250 SS/PRO match....which I won SS Division

1 Estill, Cory A Single Stack Major 999.2871 100.000%

2 Dye, Mark M Single Stack Minor 994.1649 99.487%

3 McReynolds, Jamie B Single Stack Major 986.2522 98.696%

4 Parton, Monie B Single Stack Major 857.6671 85.828%

5 Kempton, Jake GM Single Stack Major 846.0277 84.663%

6 Marlow, Dan C Single Stack Major 789.8064 79.037%

7 West, Barry A Single Stack Major 763.9469 76.449%

8 Thomas, Dan A Single Stack Major 760.4798 76.102%

9 Carrol, Kevin M Single Stack Major 729.9748 73.050%

10 Umansky, Steve U Single Stack Major 643.2817 64.374%

11 Toner, Robert C Single Stack Major 572.1930 57.260%