steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

March 28, IN SS/Prod (Single Stack) (Sat PM) (Application sent)

March 29, BGSL SS/PRO/REVO 5th sunday (Single Stack)

April 18-19, GA State Area 6 (Single Stack) (Sat all day?)(Applications not sent)

May 23-24, KY state 3 gun (Tactical)(No Application yet)

May 31st, BGSL SS/PRO/REVO 5th sunday (Single Stack)

June 5th-7th, IN state championship (Limited on 5th)(wedding on 6th)(BGSL on 7th) (Application not sent) Fun...

June 13-14, Pro-Am in Tulsa (Limited) (Application sent)

August 30th BGSL SS/PRO/REVO 5th sunday(Single Stack)

September 6th Ohio Sectional (Single Stack)(sunday) (Application not sent)

October 9th-10th Battle in the Bluegrass SS/PRO match (Single Stack) (Fri/Sat)

November 29th BGSL SS/PRO/REVO 5th sunday (Single Stack)

Edited by steel1212

No Nationals ? :(

Nope...not in the plans for this year either sadly. With me going to Tulsa for the PRO-AM and then to Area 6 that is my long hauls for the year. Just to many on call conflicts to work out with what is close to try for nationals as well.

But ...... but ........ it's the NATIONALS! :rolleyes:

Sorry Corey, after going to my 1st one 2 years ago I am making all the sacrifices necessary to get there a 3rd time. But I feel your pain. It's a bit of a haul across the country.

Now I know how the western states guys feel when we thought it was going to be at Barry.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

But ...... but ........ it's the NATIONALS! :rolleyes:

Sorry Corey, after going to my 1st one 2 years ago I am making all the sacrifices necessary to get there a 3rd time. But I feel your pain. It's a bit of a haul across the country.

Now I know how the western states guys feel when we thought it was going to be at Barry.

Barry is more central than Vegas :) Sure we would have been closer but what about the guys on the very east coast?

• 3 weeks later...

Dang winter, I keep forgetting to post.

Right now I'm really enjoying shooting SS as much as ever, kind of the pick a gun and shoot it, kind of thing. I'm seeing my scores improve, less penalties, etc. The problem I'm running into right now is that the pro-am is coming in June and I had planned to shoot my 9mm eagle there. With that being said I was going to switch to my limited guns after the IN SS/PRO match up to the pro-am to get into the limited groove. The problem is....I DON"T WANT TO lol. I'm seriously considering shooting my 9mm single stack with wilson 10 round ETM mags. The problem with that is I would need to update my 9mm SS with new trigger guts and some other parts first. Decision's Decision's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First major match is under my belt. The IN SS/PRO match. I have been looking forward to this match since last year at the TN hillbilly match. Had all the stages worked out in my head and was ready to rock. First stage of the match I got drawn to be the first shooter. No problem let me get my stuff while the WSB is read and I'll be ready to go. The stage I had in my head was 6 targets one, on each reload, one on each, reload and one on each. I did that and was happy....only to find out that the stage had been changed and was now only 12 total rounds instead of 18 and it was virgina count so I just zeroed the first stage of the match. What do you do after that. Your in A class, you shooting buddy is in A class and is typically a touch better than you and you know there are some smoking SS shooters at this match so your pretty much done. You shrug it off and go to the next stage. After spotting the competition 60 points on the first stage I ended up 5th overall out of 48 and 3rd A.

Following sunday, today, was my clubs 5th sunday match and I needed some redemption and I got it.

IN SS/PRO match.

1 Tony H. 49 L2485 M Single Stack Major No No No No 760.3474 100.00%

2 Shaun H. 13 A56938 A Single Stack Major No No No No 682.8071 89.80%

3 Jacob M. 2 A52987 B Single Stack Major No No No No 634.1761 83.41%

4 Eric S. 32 TY37816 A Single Stack Major No No No No 617.2102 81.17%

5 Corey E. 14 A57351 A Single Stack Major No No No No 571.7827 75.20%

5th Sunday match

1 Estill, Corey A57351 A Single Stack Major N N 350.1221

100.00%

2 West, Barry FY37438 A Single Stack Major N N 328.1197

93.72%

3 Himler, John TY49485 U Single Stack Minor N N 314.6407

89.87%

4 Foley, Mike TY47474 A Single Stack Major N N 310.4454

88.67%

5 Sierp, Micah U Single Stack Major N N 303.5678

86.70%

6 Crager, David A18426 A Single Stack Major N N 294.5730

84.13%

7 Tyron, Tom A60566 D Single Stack Major N N 214.6462

61.31%

8 Degrant, Ken A62285 C Single Stack Major N N 177.1481

50.60%

9 Quimby, Joel A60318 D Single Stack Major N N 122.4864

34.98%

10 Davis, Ryan A60796 D Single Stack Major N N 119.4541

34.12%

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much packed up for A6. Getting my back up gun a little tweak before I leave and I'll pick it up tomorrow.

If anybody sees me and wants to say hi I'll be wearing a bright neon green techware shirt with flames on it that says Oracle Elevator on the back until I get my Rudy Project shirt in. Say hi but remember I only know your screen name :D

Good luck steel1212!

:cheers:

Thanks man, I'll need it shooting Single Stack at this match!

Reminder: Throw back-up limited gun in bag for Steve :cheers:

ETA: Steve is the guy with the purple or red Techwear shirt that's driving you there.

Edited by Surge

Good luck steel1212!

:cheers:

Thanks man, I'll need it shooting Single Stack at this match!

Reminder: Throw back-up limited gun in bag for Steve :cheers:

ETA: Steve is the guy with the purple or red Techwear shirt that's driving you there.

It looks like it will be for both you and Kevin lol.

Yet again I let one stage kill my match. I do know what I have to practice. My one shining moment:

1 Corey Estill 198 A Single Stack 32 0 3.76 8.5106 35.0000 100.00%

2 Todd Jarrett 325 M Single Stack 29 0 3.60 8.0556 33.1288 94.65%