Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe I forgot to post the Battle in the Bluegrass match video!!! Battle in the Bluegrass

I finished 1st Master but had several penalties and there fore was 5th overall in Single Stack behind some Master limited shooters that dusted off their Single Stacks biggrin.gif It was a fun match but its hard to stay focused on a match your running and shoot well, at least for me. More mental toughness needed I guess.

IDPA match this past sunday

http://www.youtube.c..../0/LiBYXYtBokI

Steel match a couple weekends ago

http://www.youtube.c..../1/FkS574ntBpc

As you can tell Steel isn't exactly the easiest thing for me :-)

IDPA results

Corey Estill ESP EX 108.98 ( yeah I know....sandbagger and all that)

Brad D SSP EX 124.05

John T ESP SS 124.18

Barry W SSP MA 131.41

Frank C ESP EX 138.00

and 52 others..

Yesterday's USPSA match

I'm going to hit the range hard this week to work out a issue I've developed, or not developed as well. My weak hand/arm isn't doing its work and its showing my hits. I've got to get that worked out before the majors start in a couple weeks.

Spent some time today in Dry fire working on my weak hand grip/arm angle. By the end of it it there was less mental thought involved. I'll keep working on this for the next week and half. Hopefully I'll get some time to get the range also for some live fire before A6. Evidentially you can't be cool unless you get a .7 draw ph34r.gifsight.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by steel1212

• 2 weeks later...

So Corey,

Like I asked before.....

When you gonna quit goofing off and start shooting ????? :devil:

You did ok at A-6, keep up the somewhat good work !!!! :cheers:

Hop

Thanks, I still have a lot of work ahead of me to play with the big boys. Where were you?

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Single Stack Nationals yesterday and had a great time! I would have liked to have performed a little better on a few stages but I'm pleased with my performance. The match is so close because you have almost 300 people shooting the same division that one little bobble will drop you down. I finished 36th overall and went into it wanting to finish top 50 and I accomplished that.

Few things I need to work on:

Weak hand shooting, I shot 3 out of the 4 targets fine but had 2 mikes on one of them.

I need to trust my sights, I was seeing my sights great the second day and it showed with zero penalties on the final 8 stages.

Need to know EXACTLY where I need to be, You can see on a couple of the stages I was "looking" for the targets and somewhat out of position.

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago I had the drive and desire to push as hard as you. Somewhere in the shuffle that drive and desire has subsided some !!! <_<

Hop

You've got a lot on your plate.....I've basically been called out cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/user/springfield1911guy#p/a/u/0/Tu8mSZbJ9XM

Even though I gave up a ton of points down on a stage I still squeaked by with the win. Really gotta work on my 50 yard shots with a pistol prone evidentially! devil.gif

Still managed to win 4 out of 7 stages overall.

Corey Estill ESP 112.20

John T ESP 114.63

Lin E SSP 127.93

Tom T CDP 135.25

Paul K SSP 136.28

And 33 others.

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Tu8mSZbJ9XM Even though I gave up a ton of points down on a stage I still squeaked by with the win. Really gotta work on my 50 yard shots with a pistol prone evidentially! devil.gif

Corey Estill ESP 112.20

John T ESP 114.63

Lin E SSP 127.93

Tom T CDP 135.25

Paul K SSP 136.28

And 33 others.

Pretty uneventful match for me, but look who won the 50 yard prone stage! :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Tu8mSZbJ9XM Even though I gave up a ton of points down on a stage I still squeaked by with the win. Really gotta work on my 50 yard shots with a pistol prone evidentially! devil.gif

Corey Estill ESP 112.20

John T ESP 114.63

Lin E SSP 127.93

Tom T CDP 135.25

Paul K SSP 136.28

And 33 others.

Pretty uneventful match for me, but look who won the 50 yard prone stage! :ph34r:

Guess you'll have to teach me how to do that some time.

Corey Estill ESP 112.20

John T ESP 114.63

Lin E SSP 127.93

Tom T CDP 135.25

Paul K SSP 136.28

And 33 others.

You will have to show me how also :roflol:

However I will be giving the clinic about how to shoot t-shirts and make headshots while retreating :cheers:

Edited by Loose Brass

No problem! You teach me how to move and shoot fast and I'll teach you how to fall down and shoot slow. :cheers::roflol:

No problem! You teach me how to move and shoot fast and I'll teach you how to fall down and shoot slow. :cheers::roflol:

and Tom will teach us how to run like a sissy backwards while shooting their melons off cheers.gif

and Tom will teach us how to run like a sissy backwards while shooting their melons off cheers.gif

Oh no you didn't!