Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stuff I saw while running shooters at a big match

Flexmoney

I ran a lot of shooters on Stage 3 (cart) at the Area8 match. Giving that the shooter was sitting down, I had a birds-eye view of what was going on. But, I was also futher away than usual and often moving backwards and trying not to fall down.

I didn't DQ anybody for finger violations, nor for breaking the 180.

Had I not been going backwards and had the nature of the cof not required that I be quite a few steps further away from the shooter...

There probably could have been about a dozen DQ's. I want to be 100% sure when I call a DQ. There were many cases where I was 99.9% sure. ;)

If you think it was somebody else, and not you...you are probably wrong. I know I took one shooter aside after his run. He assured me that he wouldn't have his finger in there and that he was CRO-certified. mmmmmkay. :wacko:

Get your booger picker out of the trigger guard when reloading and clearing jams!!! And, watch your muzzle !!!

Something else I noticed are that magazine gauges are becoming more and more prevalent. Don't get bumped because your equipment isn't legal.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else I noticed are that magazine gauges are becoming more and more prevalent. Don't get bumped because your equipment isn't legal.

Yes, I saw Jeff had his mag gauge out at the Summer Blast. I saw a few out last weekend too.

I have nothing to fear, but the unknown. Have never had mine checked out ..... mostly because I keep buying more gear evey week, it seems ..... wouldn't be bad to get all my mags checked out. ;)

Hmm, I didn't get pulled aside so I think I did OK. I was actually fairly nervous about those things because we were sitting down. I feel pretty confident even after running much quicker than I thought I would. Although I wish I could have talked my wife into coming and taking some vids so I could go to the video tape.

Edited by j2fast

I ain't skerd a your mag measurin device...

I B shootin production with a factory mag missa boss man.

There isn't a maximum mag length limit for PD.

Edited by racerba

Chasing 29 rounds in a big stick makes getting past the limit easier than you think. I have seen quite a few combinations over the limit where another tube from the same manufacturer is just fine with the same parts.

Flex, always good to be reminded about the booger hook on the bang switch when it isn't supposed to be and 180's!!

Ahhh...then you'd fall into the group (me too) of 10 round shooters that needs to ensure that they don't load 11 round in their mags for the 'unloaded' gun starts. There were a few of them on one of the stages as well.

Ahhh...then you'd fall into the group (me too) of 10 round shooters that needs to ensure that they don't load 11 round in their mags for the 'unloaded' gun starts. There were a few of them on one of the stages as well.

Never happen. Can't count past ten. I know it's too many when I get confused. If you would have seen me shoot limited last week, you would agree. :sick:

Edited by SA Friday

The story I heard at Area 8 was that a shooter asked "What's that?" pointing to a mag gauge. He was shown and moved to open since his Limited mags were a bit long. Be careful what you ask for.

The real part that sucks is all 3 of my bigs sticks hold 29! 2 made the guage and the other one didn't??? Sure as hell does now though. Still haven't figured that out yet as they have been checked at a bunch of matches prior. Oh well could have been worse, it could have rained, oh wait it did. At least I got to finish shooting the match......for fun.

I ran a lot of shooters on Stage 3 (cart) at the Area8 match. Giving that the shooter was sitting down, I had a birds-eye view of what was going on. But, I was also futher away than usual and often moving backwards and trying not to fall down.

Had I not been going backwards and had the nature of the cof not required that I be quite a few steps further away from the shooter...

There probably could have been about a dozen DQ's. I want to be 100% sure when I call a DQ. There were many cases where I was 99.9% sure. ;)

Got VIDEO? Would love to see this in action??

As for mag gauges... years ago at a match I had a thirty (30) round COF, and it was suggested that I check competitors that completed the COF without a reload. There were only a couple of people and fortunately, their mags were in compliance. Then again, there was one competitor who was a little upset that I did ask for his mag before calling the RM. The tough part was when the RM showed up, measured the mag (and it was long), and the competitor asked 'exactly, who are you?' :surprise:

No one wants to send someone to Open, or in this case to the 'shoot for fun' ranks, but... ya gotta be in compliance with the rules...;)

Edited by BDH

Got VIDEO? Would love to see this in action??

As for mag gauges... years ago at a match I had a thirty (30) round COF, and it was suggested that I check competitors that completed the COF without a reload. There were only a couple of people and fortunately, their mags were in compliance. Then again, there was one competitor who was a little upset that I did ask for his mag before calling the RM. The tough part was when the RM showed up, measured the mag (and it was long), and the competitor asked 'exactly, who are you?' :surprise:

No one wants to send someone to Open, or in this case to the 'shoot for fun' ranks, but... ya gotta be in compliance with the rules...;)

Brian,

Here is a video walkthrough after we shot the stage.

Stage 3

Brian,

Yeah Nationals a couple years ago. You checked my mag and it was fine there. That's the part that is driving me nuts!

Well, not sure what to say as actually, I don't think that I have 'ever' pulled a mag at a Nationals, but I am glad to hear you mag was legal!! :D Then again, people often are surprised that I do not remember the fastest time, for X Division as well. I think the good news of all that is that unless something really weird happens, I just see competitor after competitor, and they kind of all run together... ;)