Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colorado Vacation

Matt Cheely

Had a great time out in Denver and Colorado Springs. Didn't get to shoot, but my cousins and I did some hiking and biking, made it to the top of Twin Sisters, and went to a Rockies game. I think I want to move out there...

We also happened to be at the right place at the right time and got our picture in the July 24th edition of the Rocky Mountain News. Page 5, nice and big. Here's an online version.

post-4907-1185735925.jpg

post-4907-1185735903.jpg

post-4907-1185735915.jpg

post-4907-1185736321.jpg

post-4907-1185735934.jpg

post-4907-1185735941.jpg

Yeh, I wonder what it's like in the winter........ :ph34r: [/color]

Typically it stays warmish until November time, sometimes we get snow on 31st October, then it's cold and snowy until February/March then the sun comes out and temps warm up and we end up with more sunny days per year than Florida.

Colorado is awesome, if anyone wants to move here that's fine as long as you end up in Boulder.... we need the votes, the weird (or wired) hippies are still in charge.

Nice, nice photos! Thanks for sharing. B)

Yeh, I wonder what it's like in the winter........ :ph34r:

If you're from a warm climate you'd call all your friends and tell them you've moved to Alaska!

At least that's what I did :blush:

I have lived in Colorado for my entire life. It is a great place to live, work and PLAY!!

Getting a little crowded on the front range, but were is it not getting that way..LOL

I have had the chance to travel and visit a lot of places in my life so far, and would nto trade Colorado or its people for any thing!!

Look forward to having you in our beautiful state some day.

Todd

Hey Britin..how is your Knee??

I lived in Vail for a year after college. It was very tough to come home. My younger sister lives in Boulder and is moving to Crested Butte. I don't think she's ever coming back east.

The winters, even up at Vail, were easy. Snowy but almost always sunny. I wish I was into shooting back then.

Spent a lot of vacation time in the Rockies in years gone by.

Did a lot of skiing, backpacking, mountaineering there.

I also spent a week touring the state on my Harley a couple of years ago.

One of my fondest memories was cruising the big bike along the Powdre River.

Spectacularly beautiful and scenic state.

Lovely place to visit, I just don't know if I would want to live there.

Winters can get unbelievably cold, especially in the higher elevations.

Snow loses it's charm when you are up to your neck in it for a couple of months.

Maybe you Michigan types would like it but my southern blood is just too thin.

The only real problem I have with Colorado is that it's full of Bronco fans. :rolleyes:

Tony

"The Rocky Mountains is God's greatest sculpturin, I'm a mountain man and I'll die a Mountain man"

Del Gue - "Jeremiah Johnson"

Edited by 38superman

Spent a lot of vacation time in the Rockies in years gone by.

Did a lot of skiing, backpacking, moutaineering there.

I also spent a week touring the state on my Harley a couple of years ago.

One of my fondest memories was cruising the big bike along the Powdre River.

Spectacularly beautiful and scenic state.

Lovely place to visit, I just don't know if I would want to live there.

Winters can get unbelievably cold, especially in the higher elevations.

Snow loses it's charm when you are up to your neck in it for a couple of months.

Maybe you Michigan types would like it but my southern blood is just too thin.

The only real problem I have with Colorado is that it's full of Bronco fans. :rolleyes:

Tony

No doubt there Tony!! Here in the Steamboat area the winters are long and COLD. We have a week or two that average morning lows of -20 or more. THe coldest day last winter was -38 in the am...... Son of a!!

That is with not wind chill either.

But I do love it here for sure!! I would have a very hard time in the hot weather down south.

Glad to hear the knee is good Britin!!

The winters, even up at Vail, were easy. Snowy but almost always sunny.

Dude, you obviously weren't in CO last winter :D We are talking FEET of snow from at least 5 different storms. I felt like I was back in North Dakota again....

Glad you had a good trip- Colorado is beautiful. My wife is from Westminster and we lived out there for awhile- but moved back home here in WI. What a mistake! I miss it, but she prefers WI. WHY is beyond me.........

The winters, even up at Vail, were easy. Snowy but almost always sunny.

Dude, you obviously weren't in CO last winter :D We are talking FEET of snow from at least 5 different storms. I felt like I was back in North Dakota again....

No, I wasn't there last year, I think I caught a good winter. I had come from VT to CO. Maybe the absence of "Mud" as its own season in between winter and spring made it seem so much better.

I forgot you guys had so much snow last year. Some friends were stuck at the Denver airport for a while.