Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girls at Ice Cream counter

iweiny

aaaaaaaaaaaand "Mr. Sextreme sport" has checked in. :rolleyes:

nice pic. Can you say "low crime rate"? About like Frostproof during the FL Open, or any FREE state during a major. :cheers:

Edited by dirtypool40

Z lets plan a trip

Sounds good, right after I make my trip to Iceland in September :D

Who else is in????

Although they do have a problem with the odd bomb going off there, but, so does London, and I go there all the time too :blink:

It is a strange feeling to be riding the bus and have people (in and out of uniform) get on the bus with rifles slung.... Really seems "strange" when it is an 18 yr old girl with a rifle. It seems a different world than the states.....

It is a strange feeling to be riding the bus and have people (in and out of uniform) get on the bus with rifles slung.... Really seems "strange" when it is an 18 yr old girl with a rifle. It seems a different world than the states.....

Add to that the fact that you are a tourist and NOT able to carry!!!

Those chick on the thread at arfcom aren't shooters. NONE of them have anything but iron sights, where as the guys have everything imaginable on their AR's. The chick are only carrying cuz they have to.

I wish more anti-gun Americans would vacation in Israel It is an EXTREMELY safe place to visit now that the security fence around the west bank is in place & Gaza went to the PA. I have been there twice and they LOVE Americans there (try finding another country in the middle east like that).

In both Israel & Switzerland, the country is "awash in guns" and mere citizens are "armed to the teeth" with a "weapons cache" in every home.

Both countries have miniscule violent crime rates that are lower than the US.

What is the difference?

-though they have the guns, the Israelis & Swiss don't use them on each other.

U.S. anti-gun voters need to understand - its not the gun. Rather, its the mentality of the society that is at the root of the crime problem.

To me it looks like the central girl has a sort of L-shaped mag holder: one mag in the gun, the other one held by a clip, to allow fast reloading.

That style of carrying a mag is very common. The 'mag' in the gun is usually a dummy though the one it is attached to is not. I was told by a neighbor, from isreal that they do not carry off duty loaded rifles. Ammo close at hand though.

To me it looks like the central girl has a sort of L-shaped mag holder: one mag in the gun, the other one held by a clip, to allow fast reloading.

That style of carrying a mag is very common. The 'mag' in the gun is usually a dummy though the one it is attached to is not. I was told by a neighbor, from isreal that they do not carry off duty loaded rifles. Ammo close at hand though.

Correct. I asked them about this when I visited. In "civilian areas" the rule is: no magazines in the rifle (though loaded magazines are kept "on" the rifle - with the device pictured or even with elastic bands). They also follow a "no loaded chamber" rule for pistols.

There is a different rule for other areas like the many road blocks or at the border into Jordan - there I saw magazines in the rifles ready to go.

The reason for this policy was explained to me this way: there are SO many different weapons in service and many more nationalities, languages, etc. represented in the IDF (the Israel Defense Forces) that the ONLY way to prevent accidental discharges is an empty chamber policy.

Considering the fact that Israel won its independence using home-made Stens & every other "fire arm" they could get, I understand their distrust of mere mechanical safeties.

Kingman & everyone: you should visit. Its safe there, the women are beautiful, and the Israelis love Americans (plus the food ain't too shabby!).