Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of Stock

38superman

My Open gun load.

Zero 125 JHP - Out of Stock

Vihtavuori N105 - Out of Stock

Rem 38 Super +P Brass - Out of Stock

Win Small Rifle Primers - Available (at the moment)

Granted, there are substitutes available for the components listed above.

However the substitutes I am forced to use may be less than ideal.

When the load changes, the shooting characteristics of the gun change.

I think its detrimental to improvement to constantly have to adjust to different ammo.

With a little work and a lot of patience I will find ways to feed my open gun.

I'd just rather spend my time practicing instead of working up new loads.

Note to component manufacturers:

If you force me to look elsewhere for your products, don't expect me to line up to buy them when you get around to making them available.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

I feel for ya :angry2: .....Dont know what gives with the remington brass as it is usually readily available but you might consider permanently switching away from the VIT powder and Zero bullets. They are both suppliers who's products seem to regularly be out of supply. Anyone remember the VIT shortage a few years ago?

Edited by ipscbob

I haven't had a problem getting supplies because when zeros come available I buy 12,000 and when primes are in stock I get 20,000, powder I get 16lbs at a time. This last wait on zero bullets was starting to get close I was down to 3000 when Augus shipped the order. Vit powders are just getting to hard to get I have 6 lbs of 350 and 3 lbs of 3n38 but when its gone I will go back to HS-6 for 9mm major. I was joking with a buddy the other day and told him I was going to pull the bullet casting set off the shelf and start casting again. I am going to sell off all my rem 38 super+P brass once my gunsmith lets me know that he is ready for my super (converting it to 9 major). I have two 2,000 round boxes that haven't been opened yet.

I bought enough to shoot the rest of the year, bullets and primers anyway. 9mm brass isn't hard to get, and I have enough for the year anyway. I am running Longshot, and one of the major reasons is that it is in stock on the shelves of both the big chain stores and the small shops around here. $125 for 8 pounds is decent too. There is no possible performance advantage possible in another powder that would justify twice the money for powder.

Each time the companies making these components raise prices the consumption isn't affected, and this is regardless of the reason for the price increase. They had no idea that the market would bear current prices, but it is. Don't look for significant lowering of prices, it just isn't going to happen.

I'm to the point I dont care about prices... I just want to shoot. It's rediculous the manufactures can't anticipate the summer shooting season. It's not like the demand was really going to drop because prices went up a couple bucks. I switched from my usuall bullet brand X's 125 38super loads to brand Y's 9mm 124 gr round, and I only received 1850 bullets in my 2k order. Now all the manufactures are in my doghouse since I didn't get all of the stuff I was trying to just make due with. Think they'll be suprised when every competative shooter orders 20k or more when stuff becomes available so they don't have to go through this crap again for a while?? I guess from now on whenever I get down to 10k I'll have to order another 20k in hopes I get it before I run out. Of course, this means that they won't catch up for a LONG time because there are so many people who are not only wanting bullets, but will probably do like me and order several months ahead......

Bullets/primers/brass/powder, they're all backordered....

Heck, I just found out I got into IDPA Nationals... I've put back the last 2k of my SSP loads for when Sept prep for that match comes around cause I can't plan on getting any more Fed primers (I think my 2k I have loaded are the last Fed primers in existance in the country.... I've even been calling Mom/Pop shops across the country in hopes of finding someone with some in their inventory).

rvb

(frustrated)

If we would consider getting the heck out of Iraq we might have more ammo and components over HERE.

Oh, and not sell any to China for a while, either. <_<

(Sorry... just had to say that. Just real tired of seeing us all do without over here.)

If the rumor is true about Hogdon bing the distributor for VV. We need to send them emails as to the most popular ie N320, N-105, 3N38 etc. They should have the finances to stock enough.

Email sent to Hogdon.

I'm to the point I dont care about prices... I just want to shoot. It's rediculous the manufactures can't anticipate the summer shooting season. It's not like the demand was really going to drop because prices went up a couple bucks. I switched from my usuall bullet brand X's 125 38super loads to brand Y's 9mm 124 gr round, and I only received 1850 bullets in my 2k order. Now all the manufactures are in my doghouse since I didn't get all of the stuff I was trying to just make due with. Think they'll be suprised when every competative shooter orders 20k or more when stuff becomes available so they don't have to go through this crap again for a while?? I guess from now on whenever I get down to 10k I'll have to order another 20k in hopes I get it before I run out. Of course, this means that they won't catch up for a LONG time because there are so many people who are not only wanting bullets, but will probably do like me and order several months ahead......

Bullets/primers/brass/powder, they're all backordered....

Heck, I just found out I got into IDPA Nationals... I've put back the last 2k of my SSP loads for when Sept prep for that match comes around cause I can't plan on getting any more Fed primers (I think my 2k I have loaded are the last Fed primers in existance in the country.... I've even been calling Mom/Pop shops across the country in hopes of finding someone with some in their inventory).

rvb

(frustrated)

Our local Sportsman's Wearhouse just got a shipment of Federal primers in....mostly small pistol primers. I prefer small rifle, but picked up 7K while I was there and might grab another 5K just in case. I've got 15k total stashed now and I'm not sure that's enough! The guy at the shop said they were told Federal wasn't shipping any more primers to anybody in the near future because it was all going to either military ammo or their own loaded ammo.

Just bought 10K Federal primers and 6#'s of VV320 at my local Sportsnman's Warehouse... I stop by every few days (1 mile away) and I'll bet the other customers must think that they don't stock Federal small pistol primers or VV 320 either.

I can't plan on getting any more Fed primers (I think my 2k I have loaded are the last Fed primers in existance in the country.... I've even been calling Mom/Pop shops across the country in hopes of finding someone with some in their inventory).

a guy that sells primers at local matches mentioned today that he will have winchester primers again next month...but won't have federals again for a year!

Think they'll be suprised when every competative shooter orders 20k or more when stuff becomes available so they don't have to go through this crap again for a while?? I guess from now on whenever I get down to 10k I'll have to order another 20k in hopes I get it before I run out. Of course, this means that they won't catch up for a LONG time because there are so many people who are not only wanting bullets, but will probably do like me and order several months ahead......

i think that's exactly what's going to happen. i know i'm not going to get caught short next year (or bullets, primers or powder).

Edited by driver8M3

Just bought 10K Federal primers and 6#'s of VV320 at my local Sportsnman's Warehouse... I stop by every few days (1 mile away) and I'll bet the other customers must think that they don't stock Federal small pistol primers or VV 320 either.

So you're the one buying all the primers. It's OK, I got 10K the other day also from Sportsman's. B)

I haven't had a problem getting supplies because when zeros come available I buy 12,000 and when primes are in stock I get 20,000, powder I get 16lbs at a time. This last wait on zero bullets was starting to get close I was down to 3000 when Augus shipped the order. Vit powders are just getting to hard to get I have 6 lbs of 350 and 3 lbs of 3n38 but when its gone I will go back to HS-6 for 9mm major. I was joking with a buddy the other day and told him I was going to pull the bullet casting set off the shelf and start casting again. I am going to sell off all my rem 38 super+P brass once my gunsmith lets me know that he is ready for my super (converting it to 9 major). I have two 2,000 round boxes that haven't been opened yet.

Are you bragging or just rubbing salt in all these wounds?

I have bought enough to get me through the next 6 months or so, but after that, I am in deep poo.

You have to love it when you receive an email from a company whose sole business is firearms related, entitled: "Stock Up On Primers and Powder Now". I thought, "oh cool, I'll pick up another 10K of SPP, and maybe another 8LBs. of powder". ((Insert sound of buzzer)). No dice. Every single link to every single primer says "out of stock, backorder NOT ok". Why in the hell would they bait me with an email, then have every single item of stock?!?!?

I think I will take the time to call and yammer at them for baiting me back to the website. Who knows? They may be able to dig up another 10K of Magtech SPPs for me B)

Venting over, I feel better already.

...and to add insult to injury the proposed OSHA regs will get folks who normally don't hoard components to try and stockpile. So there is a convergence of events: increased government demand, unfilled backorders, increased demand during the summer, and hoarding in response to a potential backdoor ban.

It's going to be a long dark tunnel... let's hope that the light at the end isn't from an oncoming train. :blink:

Tightloop I wasn't trying to brag. I was letting people know how to keep from getting into trouble when supplies get low. It's just like a friend of mine everytime he goes to the gas station he buys 15 dollars worth of gas so he has to stop and buy gas 2 or 3 times a week, I once asked him why he dosen't just fill it up and he told me it costs to much. That makes alot of sense DOH.

If we would consider getting the heck out of Iraq we might have more ammo and components over HERE.

Oh, and not sell any to China for a while, either. <_<

(Sorry... just had to say that. Just real tired of seeing us all do without over here.)

If the only thing I have had to "do without over here" is a little price increase and some more time spent shopping in order to participate in a game. Then I will happily make that RIDICULOUSLY SMALL SACRIFICE so those who are actually risking something can get first priority. :angry2:

More often than not my frustration comes from not having enough funds on hand to take advantage of good deals when they are available.

Edited by smokshwn