Alan Meek

From the USPSA BoD Minutes

Title: 1911 Provisional

Date of Motion: 5/23/07 09:26 PM

Closed: 5/27/07 12:00 AM

Submitted by: Area1

Seconded by: Area6

Result: Passed

Motion: Remove provisional status of the 1911 Single Stack Division beginning Jan 1, 2008.

Area1: Yes

Area2: Yes

Area3: Yes

Area4: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area5: Yes

Area6: Yes

Area7: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area8: No

President: Yes

:cheers:

LETS ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Alan Meek

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great news....the question that now begs to be asked, and I hope this is the right forum to bring it up (?) is will my current SS classification, based on my highest other classification go away, or does it remain what it is, even though I've never shot a SS Classifier?

Thats great news....the question that now begs to be asked, and I hope this is the right forum to bring it up (?) is will my current SS classification, based on my highest other classification go away, or does it remain what it is, even though I've never shot a SS Classifier?

Welcome to U class...

Guest 38superman

It will be interesting to see how the early classifers are handled.

Since there are none on file for comparison, how will that work?

Are the first few going to be rediculously high?

I've never been present at the birth of a new division before.

Edited by 38superman

It will be interesting to see how the early classifers are handled.

Since there are none on file for comparison, how will that work?

Are the first few going to be rediculously high?

I've never been present at the birth of a new division before.

I would imagine that the L-10 classifier HHFs would be a reasonable starting point until there are enough SS entries to do self-contained HHFs. I don't recall many classifiers where 10 rounds would be an advantage over 8. I imagine that Gary ( :cheers: ) will let us know what the plans are.

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

A8, I think if you ask, George will give an answer.

My thoughts on this are: The division was supposed to run for 3 years as provisional. We don't seem to get a lot of people shooting it here, I would bet that George likely though that the 3 year trial should run to completion. I can't argue that as I think it is the correct way. But I want to make it clear, I don't speak for George.

I am wondering what has happened with the rest of the rules? Wasn't this supposed to be resolved around now?

The adoption of the new USPSA only rules is, to me of greater importance than accepting the PSSD as SSD a year early.

Jim

A8, I think if you ask, George will give an answer.

My thoughts on this are: The division was supposed to run for 3 years as provisional. We don't seem to get a lot of people shooting it here, I would bet that George likely though that the 3 year trial should run to completion. I can't argue that as I think it is the correct way. But I want to make it clear, I don't speak for George.

I am wondering what has happened with the rest of the rules? Wasn't this supposed to be resolved around now?

The adoption of the new USPSA only rules is, to me of greater importance than accepting the PSSD as SSD a year early.

Jim

I agree it should have run the whole course. Like you, I think that there were other issues to be discussed and decided (like production rules, senior and super senior age retention) that are far more important than moving this up a year. I hope we can see and hear as much joy if/when those other areas are left alone.

This thread has been entirely too joyful. Allow me to ruin it. What's up with Area 8?

I vaguely remember that PSSD only became a provisional division because it was supposed to be on a three year evaluation basis. I'm pretty sure that George voted for it based on that --- the three year evaluation --- and that he still felt strongly that it should have been allowed to run its course.

This thread has been entirely too joyful. Allow me to ruin it. What's up with Area 8?

I vaguely remember that PSSD only became a provisional division because it was supposed to be on a three year evaluation basis. I'm pretty sure that George voted for it based on that --- the three year evaluation --- and that he still felt strongly that it should have been allowed to run its course.

BUT, there's like 10 or 20 people who would shoot it if it were a real Division!

:rolleyes: