Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paris Hilton may be headed back to jail.

Flatland Shooter

Per the news, the city attorney and the judge heard about the Paris release the same way we did. ON THE NEWS.

The city attorney wants the sheriff in hot water for contempt of court and the judge wants Paris before his bench at 9 AM in the morning.

Three cheers for the city attorney and the now pissed judge. May justice be served.

"Paris Hilton may be headed back to jail"

I wish no-one ill will, but this gal needs to be in jail. The justice system is taking a beating on this one....well deserved, I might add.

FWIW

dj

I wish no-one ill will, but this gal needs to be in jail. The justice system is taking a beating on this one....well deserved, I might add.

Agreed. No amount of house arrest or fine is going to matter to her. Only jail time will get the point across.

When crap like that happens, it's no wonder people have no faith in the judicial system.

The judge is apparently saying that the sheriff does not have jurisdiction to *change* her sentence. Supposedly, he not only wants her back in the pokey, he's thinking about a contempt citation against the sheriff.

get comfortable, this should be fun to watch...

From what I hear, the sherrif controls who's in jail and who's not regardless of what the the judge says, because of lack of jail space due to the abundance of criminals and the "shortage" of funding for jails. I bet there's a lot of much more dangerous criminals on the street now that will go to jail before Paris. :(

From what I hear, the sherrif controls who's in jail and who's not regardless of what the the judge says, because of lack of jail space due to the abundance of criminals and the "shortage" of funding for jails. I bet there's a lot of much more dangerous criminals on the street now that will go to jail before Paris. :(

Finally someone sees this in the same perspective I do..... ;)

Edit to add = Merlin

Edited by benny hill

That's a good point about the jail bed shortage/funding shortage and keeping the hard-cores IN as opposed to the wimpy ones in. We matrix out dozens of offenders thru our county nick all the time HERE, and even some of those are fairly hard-core... all in the name of keeping IN the REALLY hard-core creeps.

Paris Hilton may not be a hard-core offender but, in the light of what all has happened with this case, I'd certainly like to see her 'do some time' for the sake of the essential learning experience. And to find out how the other half lives, for cryin' out loud. Justice is justice, folks. :angry2:

How about some manual labor. We have road work crews here is Florida. Put her on some type of Sleep at home, and work doing government landscaping 14 hours a day.

THAT would teach her how the other half lives

The point here is not to teach her "how the other half lives", but to instill some respect for the rule of law - and that she's not above it.

But, I agree - some solid physical labor in the nice hot sun would not be a bad thing for her. I tend to think that house arrest for someone in her position is a little bit less than punishment, though. Perhaps she should be confined to a room in a Motel 6 or something :D

Well, what I kinda meant by "how the other half lives" was more like "how the other half gets treated in these kinds of situations." She's human, she broke a handful of laws, she should receive punishment equal to what any OTHER offender with her crime list should receive.

We have "Road Crew" here, too. Both males and females work together out on our highways and county-maintained roadways. Nice, honest day's work. Get a little dirt on your shoes and sweat on your brow. Actually, the inmates tend to like it because it gives them something solid to do to work off their respective sentences on, say, the weekends, and still go to their jobs (some actually have jobs) during the week or whatever. And the county roads stay picked up, maintained and safe. (I've got some stats somewhere on how much work our Road Crew does and it's stunning.)

Yeh, Road Crew would be good for her. Oh, no... wait... she might break a fingernail. Damn. :rolleyes:

The point here is not to teach her "how the other half lives", but to instill some respect for the rule of law - and that she's not above it.

But, I agree - some solid physical labor in the nice hot sun would not be a bad thing for her. I tend to think that house arrest for someone in her position is a little bit less than punishment, though. Perhaps she should be confined to a room in a Motel 6 or something :D

Ah! And dine at a Waffle House.

(Hit one of those places, myself, at a Sectional match this year. Arrived at 0-dark-thirty. It's an awful lot like what Hell is going to be like, I'm afraid. )

Ah! And dine at a Waffle House.

(Hit one of those places, myself, at a Sectional match this year. Arrived at 0-dark-thirty. It's an awful lot like what Hell is going to be like, I'm afraid. )

I can't think of a more entertaining place to be (if sober, and not employed there) than a Waffle House at 3:00AM Sunday morning after the bars have closed. :P

I can't think of a more entertaining place to be (if sober, and not employed there) than a Waffle House at 3:00AM Sunday morning after the bars have closed. :P

I was totally thinking the same thing :D

Now, you want hell in a restaurant... Go to the IHOP that used to be at North Ave. and something near I-75/85 in downtown Atlanta (a block or two east from The Varsity) at around 2-3am on a Saturday or Sunday morning... :surprise: BTDT... sober and.... not so sober... ;)

I was totally thinking the same thing :D

Now, you want hell in a restaurant... Go to the IHOP that used to be at North Ave. and something near I-75/85 in downtown Atlanta (a block or two east from The Varsity) at around 2-3am on a Saturday or Sunday morning... :surprise: BTDT... sober and.... not so sober... ;)

I think you mean the one at Courtland(?). A contender, to be sure, but the one up on Peachtree near the Buckhead power-drinking district is the hand's-down winner. There should be a cover charge to even get in the door! :P

not so sober... ;)

Uhhh. . . . .guilty as charged. B)