Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Umbrella Stand

LadyinBlue

We are planning to spend this hot weekend in the sun shooting at the NM Sectional.

I needed some shade so Jim built me this umbrella stand that plugs into the receiver hitch on my '57.

What do ya think?

PICT0022resized.jpg

Looks "cool" If you are parking near the berms I have seen cars dented with pieces of bullets falling to the ground. We had a local guy get a brand new company car, park it on the range and it had a ding in the trunk with only 122 miles. Its probably a rare occurance. Just a FYI since its a nice car.

Just a thought but it looks a tad high to me. It's great if the sun is directly overhead, but for the vast majority of the day, the taller your umbrella is, the further from the trunk your actual shade will be. I spend some time shooting in a gravel pit in S. MS so I'm familiar w/ rigged up sun shade functionality, just never had one that looked as nice as yours.

Just a thought but it looks a tad high to me. It's great if the sun is directly overhead, but for the vast majority of the day, the taller your umbrella is, the further from the trunk your actual shade will be.

The shade has to fit my Tahoe also. There's a tilt mechanism for shade control. :)

Flex

that is soo funny i almost wet myself :lol::lol:

Nice idea... maybe a little too public for most :blink:

I can just see some guy in a parking lot...reading the paper :lol:

Jim :D

Jim I pictured the same thing but on the highway. Deer on the hood, your buddy driving and you sitting on the can reading Frontsight at 70mph.

Nice ride, is that a Two-Ten or a Belaire? I can't tell without seeing the window post.

DaG

There is no post because it's a hardtop instead of a sedan.

Easy way to tell the difference between 210 and Belair is look at the length of the chrome on top of the fins.

This is a Belair...