Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do to some luck and some family connections I went to boot camp in 1965 which started a long tour with The Army National Guard...

At that point the Guard.... was much better than a potentially one way trip to the rice fields since was going to night school at Indiana University.

-5 years old. Parent hadn't even met yet.

I have had vivid recurring dreams that I was a very old Chinese man for many years. Maybe that's what I was doing; dying some slow death in Asia some where.

Tex,

When are going to do something about that screen name of yours? You're no HKShooter anymore... You're a Brazos STI Shooter!

:)

12 yo with a Remington 513T shooting in smallbore competition.

Otherwise involved in getting into and out of trouble and generally causing my parents to wonder if birth control could be retroactive.

All I can say is my 10yo daughter is a whole lot better kid than I was. Probably a heck of a lot smarter too.

(I know I'll regret that last if any of the guys read this)

Jim

Ah, 1965

I was 3 and playing golf for the first time. Yes, you read that right!!! It was at that time that I decided my future profession.

Dedicated my entire life to becoming a Professional Golfer from that point.

And..... When my first child was about to turn 3, my daughter, I gave up professional golf to be a professional father. I quite golf to be a 24/7 father, and just a few years ago started working again.

I love being a father :wub:

All I can say is my 10yo daughter is a whole lot better kid than I was. Probably a heck of a lot smarter too.

(I know I'll regret that last if any of the guys read this)

Jim

Having met her, I can believe that easily ----- and you should take that as a compliment.....

Ah, 1965

I was 3 and playing golf for the first time. Yes, you read that right!!! It was at that time that I decided my future profession.

And..... When my first child was about to turn 3, my daughter, I gave up professional golf to be a professional father. I quite golf to be a 24/7 father, and just a few years ago started working again.

Z, you say you were 3? :huh: Three what? :lol:

I love being a father too!

-5. But I was blamed by my grandfather for my father buying a corn planter with 30 inch rows instead 36. The purchease happened around this time. Seems have been responsible for wrong doing and poor judgement a lot longer than most people realize. :D

-5 years old. Parent hadn't even met yet.

I have had vivid recurring dreams that I was a very old Chinese man for many years. Maybe that's what I was doing; dying some slow death in Asia some where.

Tex,

When are going to do something about that screen name of yours? You're no HKShooter anymore... You're a Brazos STI Shooter!

:)

Alright already. :P

Up to February 2, I enjoyed the comfort of my mother's womb. Apparently I had been scheduled to leave a couple of weeks earlier but I was happy to remain. Unable to evict me by conventional methods, the wall of my domicile was breached and I was dragged screaming from my home.

The rest of 1965 was spent learning how to live on the outside.

Hilarious....!!

1965 was a good year...Someone had to google it....

The Sound of Music premieres. An instant hit, the film was one of the top-grossing films of 1965 and remains one of film's most popular musicals. Dr. Zhivago is also released.

Arno A. Penzias and Robert W. Wilson's (US) discovery of cosmic background radiation confirms the "Big Bang" theory.

Early Bird, the first commercial communications satellite, is launched.

In the art world, following pieces are created: Campbell's Tomato Soup Can and '65 Liz by Andy Warhol; Self-portrait by Pablo Picasso; The Blank Signature by René Magritte; Sky above Clouds IV by Georgia O'Keefe

The TV shows of 1965:

Lost in Space 9/5 on CBS with New York-born actor Patrick McGoohan, 37, in a science-fiction series (to 3/6/68, 83 episodes);

F Troop 9/14 on ABC with Ken Berry, Forrest Tucker, Larry Storch, (to 8/31/1967, 65 episodes); Green Acres 9/15 on CBS with Eddie Albert, Eva Gabor in a spinoff of The Beverly Hillbillies (to 9/2/1971);

Hogan's Heroes 9/17 on CBS with Waterbury, Conn.-born actor Bob Crane, 36, German-born actor Werner Klemperer, 45 (to 7/4/1971);

I Dream of Jeannie 9/18 on NBC with Tucson-born actress Barbara Eden (Barbara Huffman), 31, Larry Hagman in a series devised by novelist Sidney Sheldon (to 9/1/1970, 139 episodes);

Get Smart 9/18 on NBC with New York-born actor Don Adams (Donald James Yarny), 37, as Maxwell Smart (who incessantly says, "Sorry about that" and "Would you believe?"), Pittsburgh-born actress Barbara Feldon, 24 (to 9/11/1970);

The Wild, Wild West 11/1 on CBS with Chicago-born martial arts and boxing expert Robert Conrad, 30, and Ross Martin as secret government agents in a science-fiction Western set in the 1880s (it will be canceled in 1970 after complaints of excessive violence).

Other notable events: the great north east blackout, TS Elliot, Winston Churchill, and Nat King Cole all died in 1965, March 23 - Gemini 3: NASA launches the United States' first 2-person crew (Gus Grissom, John Young) into Earth orbit.

-5. But I was blamed by my grandfather for my father buying a corn planter with 30 inch rows instead 36. The purchease happened around this time. Seems have been responsible for wrong doing and poor judgement a lot longer than most people realize. :D

Yes. No one in their right mind would plant corn in 30" rows! ;):lol::lol::lol:

FM

Ah, 1965

Z, you say you were 3? :huh: Three what? :lol:

I love being a father too!

3 as in 3 years old :D