Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC get together

Dave Wilson

It's getting close to IRC time, who's going to be there? Also maybe we could get a pre-match dinner going someplace local. I know there are more than a few on the BE forum who are "local" shooters, but I was wondering more about those who would be there from further out of town.

Dave

but I was wondering more about those who would be there from further out of town.

Dave

Yeah I'm what you would call from "out of town" .... always keen for a feed and adult beverages as already diplomatically stated. As Pinshooter will confirm, not much peer pressure required on my part, just a time and a place. :lol:;)

Don't forget that Thursday night is also the shooters meeting, and from the last few years, that is not to be missed, because that is where all the tricks are discussed for the match. I know that a lot of dumb questions get asked, and there are always a few really good ones as well. It is those few clever questions that can be the difference between coming 150th, or 149th.

As for 8shooter, he's a drunk, and a lous, and also smart enough to bring a designated driver, so I will be going with him. :wacko:

Saturday could be a better choice, cause sometimes the adult beverages have been known to make me a little sick.....well not sick, just really, really silly....... :wacko:

Saturday could be a better choice, cause sometimes the adult beverages have been known to make me a little sick.....well not sick, just really, really silly....... :wacko:

I think friday would be perfect then :P

I need all the help I can get!

Dave

There is a little mexican place in Los Osos that is great, but it may not be open in the evening.

I am planning to stay in Cowboy Town and have no idea what they are doing.

David

ffl, you wouldn't be talking about tus amigos would you? because they are open in the evenings and if i can get enough confirmed maybe can tlk them into staying a little longer if need be. Only problem is that it is SMALL!! but it also is good food.

-Eric

Wish I could join you guys this year but still not shooting do to my illness. Thursday night is a definate must for the General Meeting. Make sure you vote for the kind of board you want. And if you feel you can do a job volunteer to be on the roster.

The match looks great with 12 stages this year. Lots of shooting and lots of fun.

Best night out is Saturday or for the guys staying over for flights Monday go out on Sunday night so you don't have to shoot with a hangover.

McClintocks is the best steak house around but Margies serves great food. Order a half order of onion rings for the table it will surprise you.

Enjoy, shoot well

I'm game. Saturday night would be best. For that matter with the traffic like it is leaving late Sunday, Sunday night dinner might be good also and let the traffice die down lol. I'll be with 4 other BE members just pick a day, time and place.

tus amigos is the place could not remember the name (CRS syndrome)

McClintocks is also good

saturday nite might be the best.

I personnaly like the steak place just north of Buellton Zaca Creek Steak but it would cost you more for the gas to drive there than the meal. :blink:

tus amigos is the place could not remember the name (CRS syndrome)

McClintocks is also good

saturday nite might be the best.

I personnaly like the steak place just north of Buellton Zaca Creek Steak but it would cost you more for the gas to drive there than the meal. :blink:

Sorry Guys Zaca Creek resturant is no more. They had the best recipe for beef ribs ever. :( Dave

Guys, how does the Sunday shoot-off work at the IRC?

This will be my first time. Help a beginner out please! :)

Starts late Sunday morning and is done around lunch time. Anyone can sign up. Cash paybacks depend on participation. While this is going on the scoring is completed for the match, the period to contest the results is started and lunch is started up at the main house. Sometimes vendors will have special demonstrations at this time as well.

ffl, you have a great IRC, I enjoyed shooting with your squad last year, I hope to get back there one year for another go.

regards

PJK

I had a good time too, I will miss watching a real pro shoot. You did well last year and it was a pleasure to shoot with you. Everybody on that squad really helped a newbie (me) and I never felt like I was anything less than a GM shooter instead of a strong "D" class.

dcs

Guys, how does the Sunday shoot-off work at the IRC?

This will be my first time. Help a beginner out please! :)

Starts late Sunday morning and is done around lunch time. Anyone can sign up. Cash paybacks depend on participation. While this is going on the scoring is completed for the match, the period to contest the results is started and lunch is started up at the main house. Sometimes vendors will have special demonstrations at this time as well.

I don't think it is a sign up event. You have to finish in the top three of your class and accept the invite. Most of the other slots are awarded to the RO's. Sometimes there is a handicap start for the shooters who are paired with someone who is a class higer or so in the run. It is a best two out of three. Until the semi and final. this comming from a guy that doesn't get to shoot the shootoff much. :angry:

All this talk about food is making me hungry. Do you guys have directions to get to the steak house from the range? My buddy & I will probably hit the steak house before the shooter meeting.

Thanks,

Tony

This will be my first time. Help a beginner out please!

I don't think it is a sign up event. You have to finish in the top three of your class and accept the invite. Most of the other slots are awarded to the RO's. Sometimes there is a handicap start for the shooters who are paired with someone who is a class higer or so in the run. It is a best two out of three. Until the semi and final. this comming from a guy that doesn't get to shoot the shootoff much. :

Last year, 2006, the handicap was based on overall time difference between the two shooters - the details escape me.

All this talk about food is making me hungry. Do you guys have directions to get to the steak house from the range? My buddy & I will probably hit the steak house before the shooter meeting.

Thanks,

Tony

What was the final result??? Place and Date??