Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy a 1050 or just add a KISS bullet feeder to a 650?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PP -- if you go the route of the 650 and KISS please post a review!

I'm kinda in a similar boat, except I never think about upgrading my 650 to a 1050 until I read messages on this board.

When I had the SDB I couldn't wait to get something faster...Now, when the 650 is "tuned" and running well, it seems like it's everything else that slows me down and is a pain -- loading primer tubes, clearing the occasional jam, dealing with brass, etc.....I don't see that changing with a 1050.

But then again, I'm glad I've never tried one. :)

When I had the SDB I couldn't wait to get something faster...Now, when the 650 is "tuned" and running well, it seems like it's everything else that slows me down and is a pain -- loading primer tubes, clearing the occasional jam, dealing with brass, etc.....I don't see that changing with a 1050.

But then again, I'm glad I've never tried one. :)

The limitations are still 100 primers, 250-500 projectiles and finally 500-750 cases.

I have the tubes to load about 1,000 primers but now I find myself keeping boxes of projectiles and buckets of cases close to the press.

DO NOT try a 1050 unless you can afford to buy one. Just loading 10 rounds on the 1050 will change your opinion of the 650 FOREVER!

I'm of the opinion that a KISS should be licensed by Dillon and sold with the press, just like the case feeder.

Every 1050 I end up with will have a bullet feeder from here on out.

+1 ... and that would correct the biggest flaw of the Kiss ... the terrible color!

It needs to be Dillon blue!!!

i painted mine blue!

lynn

Pete,

For now I'd invest in the K.I.S.S.

The 650 is a great machine and really easy to change between calibers.

At some point when the wife allows you to spend more monies get a 1050 and another K.I.S.S. as a dedicated machine for the caliber you shoot the most.

I personally think one could get by with just one press like the 650.

But if you have the room, and can justify the spending the monies - dedicated machines are great.

If you ever want to check out a 1050 w/ a K.I.S.S. your welcome to stop by. I've got a couple 1050s, a 650 and a 550 setup...

If your shooting a lot of ammo - the K.I.S.S. will allow you to spend more time on the range or with the family rather than at the Loading bench.

Good Luck.

Edited by pmd

Pete,

You still shoot? :P

If you're looking to cut reloading time down, I really like my RF100, add that to your list. It does a time consuming job while I'm doing something else. I too considered a 1050 or Kiss this season but match fees and travel ate that idea. I'm really attached to my 650 though, so I'm content.

Pete,

You still shoot? :P

If you're looking to cut reloading time down, I really like my RF100, add that to your list. It does a time consuming job while I'm doing something else. I too considered a 1050 or Kiss this season but match fees and travel ate that idea. I'm really attached to my 650 though, so I'm content.

Pete,

I was going to tell you to get another snowmobile. Haven't seen you at any matches or on results since last season. Gonna shoot 3 gun at Harvard?

I'm of the opinion that a KISS should be licensed by Dillon and sold with the press, just like the case feeder.

Every 1050 I end up with will have a bullet feeder from here on out.

+1 ... and that would correct the biggest flaw of the Kiss ... the terrible color!

It needs to be Dillon blue!!!

i painted mine blue!

lynn

Pics please Lynn.

I know i am sounding like a big cry baby but I just had to reload 400 9mm on my 1050 touching each bullet because my kiss is setup for 40. I loaded 4000 .40 this weekend like nothing!!!! It's time for a conversion kit!!!!!

I had a 650, sold it to buy a 1050.

The 1050 is slightly faster, definitely easier with the primer seating on the downstroke. The primer seating depth adjustment is AWESOME, but...

That said, UNTIL I get a K.I.S.S. Bullet Feeder, is it ONLY marginally faster. It is still only as fast as I can manually feed bullets.

Is the 1050 better, and easier, YES!!!

Will the KISS make it easier AND faster, you betcha

I personally think one could get by with just one press like the 650.

Your right Paul,

So you should go back to just using your 650, and donate your 1050's to us needy!

Pete needs two and I only have two, so I could take one also........... :P

Seriously,

Pete, keep your 650 & get a 1050 on the installment plan.

you won't regret it ;)

Pete,

I was going to tell you to get another snowmobile. Haven't seen you at any matches or on results since last season. Gonna shoot 3 gun at Harvard?

I did get another snowmobile.... HAHA

NEW.jpg

I spent my winter snowmobiling so I wasn't shooting much at all. Now I'm back to shooting and need to focus on getting better so I need to shoot MORE which means reloading MORE. I've decided to try the KISS first and so if that makes things more efficient and then if not I'll just order the 1050.

I knew you got a new snowmobile! I was joking, but, then you weren't shooting either :P

John has a KISS on his 1050 and loves it. I don't shoot as much, so my plain 1050 is fine for me. I think the KISS on your 650 will serve you well.

I figure if I buy the KISS for my 650 then I can just swap it over to the 1050. Cost isn't the issue it's the wife that's the issue. I'm famous for buying things and never telling her and keeping them secret but a new loading bench and press is hard to hide. Although I did just buy her a new bedroom set so maybe it's my turn??? Why can't women just understand that we "need" all these great toys?

Trying hard not to spend for a Kiss. If I do, i will need to buy at least two. I have a 150 dedicated to .40 and one for .38 Super. the 650 is for almost everything else. Got a RCBS single for loading 45-70 BP and getting a SL900. Gonna need a bigger bench!

So I ordered the KISS feeder today and they said they will ship it out middle of next week. I know this is just going to motivate me to buy the 1050. I'll try it for a while and maybe I'll actually be satisified with the 650 and not need the 1050. The problem is that I hate switching calibers and would prefer to have dedicated machines so I could keep the 650 for .40 and the 1050 for .38 super.

So I ordered the KISS feeder today and they said they will ship it out middle of next week. I know this is just going to motivate me to buy the 1050. I'll try it for a while and maybe I'll actually be satisified with the 650 and not need the 1050. The problem is that I hate switching calibers and would prefer to have dedicated machines so I could keep the 650 for .40 and the 1050 for .38 super.

Pete,

Knowing you as little as I do, just order a 1050, you will within 2 weeks anyway!

You still didn't answer if you were going to shoot 3 gun at Harvard next month. :P