Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy a 1050 or just add a KISS bullet feeder to a 650?

I'm thinking of either getting a 1050 and adding a Kiss bullet feeder to it and keeping my 650 for various loads or just buying the Kiss Bullet feeder for my 650 and spending the extra 10 minutes to swap calibers. What are your thoughts? I'm thinking the bulletfeeder plus another gun might be a better option. Decisions decisions.

Pete

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm going to add the KISS to the 650 buy another gun and then buy a 1050 and Kiss for that. Then I would have my cake and eat it too. However, I may get divorced in the process. The KISS I can explain to the wife and say it was only $200 but she knows the 1050 is $1500 and it is quite difficult to hide. I've been going back and forth with buying the 1050 for the past year and know I need to just bite the bullet and buy it.

I own a 1050, best investment ever made.

I will pop for a KISS in the near futurte--but I only shoot .40

I will buy 1050 for each caliber I can shoot before I ever buy a 650. They are that much better to run if you shoot alot.

But I am really really lazy, I like to set things up then run them forever, some guys love the tinker bit thus like to change everything out and tinker some more.

Me, it is all about heads down loading thousands at a time.

Figuire out what type of personality you have and that will tell you what choice to make.

Pete,

I have a 550, 650 and a 1050 with a Kiss on it. Nobody needs a 1050, as a 650 can do anything that a 1050 can do, only a little slower.

I would likely buy a Kiss for the 650 before I got a 1050 without one. The Kiss will make more of a difference than moving up to the 1050 will.

The Kiss can also be moved from a 650 to a 1050 (and back) by changing a single piece of PVC pipe (a 650 is taller than a 1050)

JMO,

Leo

I own a 1050, best investment ever made.

I will pop for a KISS in the near futurte--but I only shoot .40

I will buy 1050 for each caliber I can shoot before I ever buy a 650. They are that much better to run if you shoot alot.

But I am really really lazy, I like to set things up then run them forever, some guys love the tinker bit thus like to change everything out and tinker some more.

I agree 100%

I know nobody "needs" a 1050, but if you can afford it, it is worth every cent IMO.

To me, a 650 in not close to the 1050. It all about the downstroke only. My nephews (10 and 13) can load on the 1050 with the KISS. Just load the the bins and pull the handle down.

I hate reloading and this setup makes it not so bad.

I hate reloading and this setup makes it not so bad.

Amen! I know a lot of folks like reloading as an activity unto itself, but I don't. I have 2 1050's, one in .40 and one in .45, just so I don't have to screw around with the whole mess any more than necessary.

I'd rather be shooting.

You guys are killing me!!!! Now I really don't know what to do. I'm thinking of maybe buying the KISS tomorrow and seeing how I like it. Then if I still want the 1050 then maybe I'll just order that up as well.

I'm like a lot of people here in the fact that I'm not crazy about reloading either.

Pete

I know nobody "needs" a 1050, but if you can afford it, it is worth every cent IMO.

I agree 100% and the only thing that I regret about buying the 1050 was that I did not buy it sooner. But, with that said, the Kiss will give you "more bang for the buck" if you cannot afford the Kiss and the 1050. Thankfully, I have both! :wub:

Does the 1050 use specific dies or can I still use a Lee Factory Crimp die to resize my brass? I've been using the FCD for several years and it's been great.

1050 uses the exact same dies as a 550 or 650.

I'm of the opinion that a KISS should be licensed by Dillon and sold with the press, just like the case feeder.

Every 1050 I end up with will have a bullet feeder from here on out.

+1 ... and that would correct the biggest flaw of the Kiss ... the terrible color!

It needs to be Dillon blue!!!

I think I'm going to start with just the KISS feeder for my 650. Try it out for a month or so and then decide if I "need" the 1050 with KISS feeder. I know I will end up with it sooner or later. My wife isn't too thrilled with me right now as I've bought way too many toys so far this year. If she comes home and sees another bench and press in the basement she'll kill me. However, I did just buy her a new bedroom set so I guess it is MY turn now.

L9X25- since you have both units with the KISS feeder how would you rate them from 1-10 with 10 being the best.

Would the 650 with KISS be an 8 and the 1050 with KISS be a 10? Or would the 650 w/KISS be lower?

I think I'm going to add the KISS to the 650 buy another gun and then buy a 1050 and Kiss for that. Then I would have my cake and eat it too. However, I may get divorced in the process. The KISS I can explain to the wife and say it was only $200 but she knows the 1050 is $1500 and it is quite difficult to hide. I've been going back and forth with buying the 1050 for the past year and know I need to just bite the bullet and buy it.

What matches are you shooting that you need all that ?

Take your wife out for dinner and a show instead.

If you are doing 40 S&W then the Lee FC is a must.

I finally added an EGW undersize die in my second station. I was getting other peoples range brass so I want to be extra sure about not getting jams.

1050 all the way, the only thing I regret is that I did not buy the 1050 in 45 that was available.