Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show Us Your Motorcycles, official BE motorcycle thread.

ErikW

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trophy_650_scan.jpg

My 64 Trophy 650

Out of the several dozen bikes I flogged mercilessly for a dozen years I have nothing left except this one, the one I never raced, the one I never rode much, but cherished beyond the rest.

It has the worst handling and lowest power to weight ratio of pretty much anything I have ever owned, next to no brakes and an electrical system designed by the devil himself, yet it is still my favorite bike out of all that I have ever owned.

I wouldn't trade every single R5, (3), RD (6) and TZ (2) I ever owned for it. It is absolutely un-rideable in comparison to any of these old beasties, but there is just plain something about a classic Trumpet, yes there is ;-)

The photo was taken in 89 when I last re-built it and then rode it sporadically for about 18 months before putting it into storage and walking away from bikes for good. I had dumped all my race hardware a decade earlier and thought I wanted to ride again, but realized it wasn't fast, I was too old and had spent way too many of my lives already, so back in the garage it went. I pull it out and give it a maintenannce pass every year and make sure it runs, but I don't ride anymore, so it never leaves the driveway ;-/

That's why George races guns now, not bikes, he just can't stand riding safe and sane and will flog anything he gets on way beyond what he oughta' be doing at his age and station in life, so he's not allowed to ride bikes anymore, no he isn't. His family, his friends and his business partners all say so, oh yes they do! ;-)

trophy_650_scan.jpg

My 64 Trophy 650

Out of the several dozen bikes I flogged mercilessly for a dozen years I have nothing left except this one, the one I never raced, the one I never rode much, but cherished beyond the rest.

It has the worst handling and lowest power to weight ratio of pretty much anything I have ever owned, next to no brakes and an electrical system designed by the devil himself, yet it is still my favorite bike out of all that I have ever owned.

Lucas Electrics?

The people that invented darkness! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FM

1983 Honda CX-650. Only manufactured for 1 year. 5 speed, water-cooled, shaft-drive, and large gas tank make it a real joy to ride around town. :)

So then how come in the past 3 years I've taken it out less than 10 times ??? :huh: I've been giving some serious thought to selling it lately, but it is my 1st (& only) bike, and I only had to give $1K for it. I've owned it 7+ years, and it's really been good to me. Kinda like to hang on to it until it turns 25 years old (next year) and becomes a real classic. ;)

BEFORE PAINT JOB

jul1602mb2.jpg

DURING PAINT JOB

aug2705zc2.jpg

aug0306en4.jpg

aug2707pv3.jpg

AFTER PAINT JOB

apr1217kq2.jpg

Here's my street bike. It's a '96 Honda Magna. The engine is a sport bike oriented V-4 which sits so tight in the frame you have to take the radiator off to change the front two spark plugs.

It's only a 750 cc engine... but with four carbs. and 4 exhaust pipes it generates 80 horses.... making it faster than all but the very largest of the cruisers on the market.

I've added every creature comfort, and piece of chrome, I could find and love to ride it on the curvey black top roads in my area..... and to matches that are relatively close to home.

Chris-- Keep It... It's a sweet ride in which you have virtually no money. Perfect---- Notice you don't see a lot of H D posts...

Edited by MichiganShootist

Lucas Electrics?

The people that invented darkness! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FM

don't forget intermittent wipers, intermittent turn signals, intermittent headlights, intermittent dash lights, intermittent ignition, etc. :D

Boy I feel old here, I stopped riding before digital cameras so I don't have any pics of my last bike, a Suzuki RG500.

Edited by TMC

Lucas Electrics?

The people that invented darkness!

I have always known Lucas as the Prince Of Darkness! :P:lol:

George:

I have had a couple myself, a 68 Tiger and a 69 Bonney...wish I still had either...been thinking about buying an old one and restoring it, but I don't have a tarp big enough to catch all the oil that drips out of them...LOL

Looks great they are really classic.. ;)

TL, thats exactly why I kept the "Strumpet", but dumped all my racing iron. Fast UJM's (Universal Japanese Motorcycles) are a dime a dozen but the Trump is a true gem even if it doesn't handle worth a dang and can't loft the front end in 4th gear.

BTW, mine never dripped oil after I rebuilt it. Good case sealing on these is an art ;-)

Been in a selling mood for the last few months: got rid of my 800cc Ducati, my play cay,66 Vette and now selling my current house; close in June...going to Africa again in 09 and maybe to Alaska next yr...time to downsize...LOL Might find room for an old twin in the garage of my new place though.. yours is very nice.. B)

Talk about timing......

***Thread drift;***

Today was a bittersweet day for me. I'll explain.

After 55+ years in hibernation, the MN State Patrol is going to start a motor unit.

Good news:I just found out today, I was selected to be one of 5 troopers to be on this detail!

Bad news: As a result of this, I will be forced to miss the single stack nationals which I have been planning on for some time now.

***Back on the subject***

I will post a picture of my new Patrol bike when I get it.

It'll be a 2007 Harley police bike black in color loaded with a laptop, dual antenna radar, lidar (lazer) and a bunch of fun stuff.

My normal bike is a black and red 2003 year model Honda GoldWing.

Below is a photo of my 1999 Valkyrie Interstate that I used to love so much. Then my wife hopped on a new Wing and it was all over for the Valkyrie. I still like the looks of the Valk better...

MufasaTrailer.jpg[/img]

Edited by TRP-Professional