Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dpms Tri-gun Challenge

Just got home after 12 hour drive. I'm sure they'll get results up after they recover a little. The DPMS Staff and all the RO's once again did an outstanding job and put on a GREAT match :cheers: I'll be back............

Winners are:

Open: Jerry Miculek

Tactical Optics: Carl Carbon

Tactical Irons: Kurt Miller

Tactical Optics Heavy: Benny Hill

Heavy Metal: Pat Kelly

The courses of fire were enjoyable for all. Easy enough for new people to get a good taste of this type of competition, challenging enough for the good shooters, and enough rope left for people like me to hang themselves with. Had a great time. The RO's were the best and ran their boots off. On Sunday awards I saw a lot of RO's limping from the two previous days running.

My favorite stage was #4 (multigun). My least favorite was #5. This stage was great until having to crawl into a bunker and shoot the rifle out of a port. The gasses that filled that bunker about made me puke. Sick as a dog with some sort of chest cold today. Would gladly do it again in a heartbeat though. Also enjoyed the shotgun stages as I used a 20 ga. for the first time.

Happy to see a very large number of new shooters at this match. All seemed to be having a great time.

Hats off to DPMS again for another great shoot.

Payne

Probably the best organized match I've ever shot. I did not experience any stages running behind, although I heard #6 ran behind a little. And what did the staff do about that? They threw more people at that stage to make it get caught up.....great job!!!! Randy, Bob, Lea, Dustin, the DPMS staff and the RO's did a fantastic job to bring a little excitement into the 3 gun sport this past weekend

You got to run some on the multi gun stages, you got to load ALOT on the shotgun stages and it seemed that not really any one of the 3 guns was favored.......although the most rounds went thru your rifle, it was very balanced. And if it was geared more toward the rifle and less to the pistol, hey I am all for that!!!

Saw lots of old friends, made some new ones, shot well, had some equipment problems, no real brain farts this year. Looking forward to this match again next year!!!

Edited by TRUBL

This was my firtst time to attend the Tri-gun challenge, and my only regret is that I did not go every year.

All I can say is WOW, it was like Disneyland for 3 gun shooters.

The ROs were the friendliest I have ever shot with and completely attitude free, good stages, outstanding group of competitors in skill and personality,side matches, team event, and a mind blowing prize table. Probably one on the best parts of all is that it was well organized, thanks Lea!!!

Thank you DPMS and BROWNELLs as well as the other numerous vendors.

This was my firtst time to attend the Tri-gun challenge, and my only regret is that I did not go every year.

All I can say is WOW, it was like Disneyland for 3 gun shooters.

The ROs were the friendliest I have ever shot with and completely attitude free, good stages, outstanding group of competitors in skill and personality,side matches, team event, and a mind blowing prize table. Probably one on the best parts of all is that it was well organized, thanks Lea!!!

Thank you DPMS and BROWNELLs as well as the other numerous vendors.

This sums up the match very well! EXCELLENT! Great in every regard. I had never met the owner of DPMS - Randy - before the match. Had a great conversation. What a class act!

Had a great time with the match.... I did leave my game plan of shooting within my capabilities at the match motel and shot the match WAY to amped up.... Just wandered through the stages without a plan.....might say I shot the entire match....aimlessly. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merlin Orr

It was a great match! The R.O.s staff and the DPMS crew were great! The weather held out for all 3 days and the shooting was fast and furious! Bob Mills should be very proud of his match and staff! and Randy was a great host. THANK YOU DPMS!!

I finally got to meet Ted Puente and had a nice time talking with him. I hope to see more of him through out the year. Congratulations to all the shooters who exhibited skill far beyond the ordinary. I had a good time! KURTM

The DPMS crew out did themselves again!!! Randy,Dustin,Lea, and all the R.O.s you guys put on a great match I cant wait till next year.I would like to say thanks to all the sponsors its you guys that keep this sport growing like it is. I would also like to say thanks to AL and Deb Cheek for letting us have some ammo since ours didnt show up. Check out this video of the match I hope yall like it and we will see at Rocky MTN.

video link http://www.3ttactics.com/index_files/page0035.htm

Just wanted to say "thanks" to Randy, Lea, Dustin, and alll the DPMS staff and especially the RO's...what a 1st class match!! Rod and I will come back as long as you have this match!!

Cheryl :)

I shot my first "real" 3-gun match at DPMS in 2004 and was instantly hooked on the sport, even more so than IDPA and USPSA.

Knowing that all the shooting sports continue to exist through people helping out, I offered my help and have been an R.O. for the Tri-gun challange for the last 3 years. It IS a lot of work, and I'm glad that most of you appreciate us doing the best we can!

It was really nice seeing familar faces again, and finally meeting some of the people from this forum for the first time.

I hope to see you all there next year!

Awesome match! Randy and the DPMS crew outdid themselves...again. Great stages and the staff and RO's were the bomb. Oh yea, the prize table was pretty cool too. It was good to see everyone and visit for a bit.

The DPMS match was again a hit. Randy, your staff was amazing. Your guy's and gal's were on top of everything from garbage pickup to asking us if we needed any more water. We even finished early on the last day. It's also fun to have the side events and play at the Trap fields.

I hope too that word get's out that it's a great venue for the vendor's. The shooters have time at this match to go to the tent's and look around. The FN display was great for me, being from a small town in Washington I would never get to see their stuff in person. Of course my daughter and I had fun just riding in an elevator at the Hotel too. Again, we are from a small town.

Thank you,

Carl Carbon

Every year this match is great fun and reminds me how out of shape I am!

This year was the best prize table I've ever seen!

Probably the best run match I can remember as well!

Staff was friendly and fair as usual!

I hope to be there again next year!

Nick Kalishek

DVC

I too had a fine time at the DPMS/Brownells Tri- Gun Challenge. No problems of any note were encountered sans a couple of odd calls by the excellent and bloody hard working range crew. Safety was the prime objective and to that end only gross errors picked up a DQ. Match staff went the extra mile to provide us with a fun and comfortable shooting experience. A number of the stage designs could have been more challenging and one could have been (and will be next year) less of a track meet.

DPMS works hard to draw new shooters to our 3 gun ranks. Not having “Super Squads” is but one idea that the Tri Gun uses. By spreading the “big dogs” around, the new and less experienced 3 gunners can watch and learn from some of the best, not mention its’ a lot of fun! Trying to get the round count up while holding complicated stage designs down is another strategy to keep the new and current customers happy. Winners will still win and the new guys don’t lose heart.

The range facility was excellent! Close to town and the squad schedule allows one to pop out to lunch if the meals at the range did not happen to suit that day. As it is a full service trap and skeet range, RV hook ups, showers and flush toilets were part of the package. Shotgun shells were available for a very reasonable cost if the cash pay-back side shoots got the best of your match supply.

Would I change anything? Sure. Top Lady and Junior should at least get a trophy. A strange match DQ is issued for having 9 rounds in your Heavy Metal division pistol mags! No, you don’t get bumped up a division or three, it is deemed unsportsmanlike conduct! Match DQ! I would ask for some additional rules and a little more clarity to the current ones. DPMS is working to improve the match by not only asking for, but providing a feedback/ report card in each shooter packet. They want our business!

One of the coolest things that happened at the match was my good friend and shooting partner Carl Carbon besting the field in the Tactical Optics division! He was so surprised! The look on his face was priceless. It was only a matter of time before this happened he is that good!

Oh yea, I forget the bonus at the close of a great weekend of shooting.

THE prize table. $185,000 in CASH and Merchandise!

Patrick

THANK YOU! This match was incredible. I met new people, picked up a few new tips, had time to explore the vender tent, saw my first black hawk helicopter, took a ride in a hot air balloon and I got to shoot. WOW, I can’t wait until next year. I still have a smile on my face just thinking about the fun I had. :D

To all the Sponsors, Ro’s and to the staff of DPMS you did a fantastic job and I appreciate all your effort. You guys ROCK!

A big congratulations to team R & R for winning the team event! Way to go gang!

Edited by 3gungal

THANK YOU! This match was incredible. I met new people, picked up a few new tips, had time to explore the vender tent, saw my first black hawk helicopter, took a ride in a hot air balloon and I got to shoot. WOW, I can’t wait until next year. I still have a smile on my face just thinking about the fun I had. :D

To all the Sponsors, Ro’s and to the staff of DPMS you did a fantastic job and I appreciate all your effort. You guys ROCK!

A big congratulations to team R & R for wining the team event! Way to go gang!

I'm glad you had fun!

It is really nice to see the ladies and juniors get involved (addicted) to the sport!!