Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jim Zumbo Removes His Foot From His Mouth.

GeorgeInNePa

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has already been closed once today, but...

I would NEVER again watch one of his shows or read an article he has written.

His head is up his butt!!!

I am not a 3 Gunner, but I feel for you guys when stuff like this comes out.

I don't believe he is sincere,just overwhelmed by the number of negative responses.

If he is not sincere, then why did he say it?

Listen, as a member of the media ( know because I am ) he knows that anything he says is marked in history. A media/public person knows this. What he said was thought out and he knew what he was saying.

I, as a sportsman/shooter am VERY disappointed in Jim Zumbo.

He just lost all credibility in my mind.

And even if he is sincere, the anti-gunners need only refer to his first article. When we bring up his apology, they will point out it was the solely the byproduct of massive negative response to Zumbo's article by the shooting world. Their argument, his job was threatened, his sponsors could be pulled, so of course he apoligized.

I don't think this is over. I don't know if he is sincere. We will see this repeatedly used as ammo against all gun owners (and not just the "assault weapons" owners).

Jim started this mess. Its his responsibility to clean it up. In the mean time, I think a little distance between Zumbo and the shooting world is warranted.

Bill

And even if he is sincere, the anti-gunners need only refer to his first article. When we bring up his apology, they will point out it was the solely the byproduct of massive negative response to Zumbo's article by the shooting world. Their argument, his job was threatened, his sponsors could be pulled, so of course he apoligized.

I don't think this is over. I don't know if he is sincere. We will see this repeatedly used as ammo against all gun owners (and not just the "assault weapons" owners).

Jim started this mess. Its his responsibility to clean it up. In the mean time, I think a little distance between Zumbo and the shooting world is warranted.

Bill

GREAT POST

He knew damn good and well what he was writing the first time. The original article were his own thoughts and feelings.

The apology however is a bunch of crap. Although at times it is difficult to judge someone's motives the second article simply has too much baggage to be "foot in mouth".

This statement may have had a little influence.

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choice. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that Remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

Please feel Free to post that Remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner

CEO and President Remington Arms

Edited by smokshwn

WOW....Jim did put his foot in his mouth. I suspect, he will understand, someday. I hope anyways.

One thing I didnt see written, in all the responses, but could have miss it. Is the whole aspect of our game. We....for the most part are civilians playing basically combat shooting....it is a blast and I will do it till I cant move any more.

My old boss said it VERY well at the 2005 Rocky Mountain 3 gun match at the awards ceremony. (I will not do it any justice, probably) Even though we are basically civilians running with guns....shooting fast, no matter if it is IPSC, IMGA, IDPA we push it to the limit. The manufactures make things for us to shoot faster, more accurate. And people win using those products. THEN those products are seen by the police and military personal that shoot this sport and a light comes on. They take it back to their superiors and more lights turn on. You take a look at some of the stuff that the military and police units are using and you will see that they have their direct roots in civilian competion. Yes....we have fun with our black guns, and high cap mags, load development and the list goes on. And the manufactures come up with things we try and use.....and maybe even win with. Or atleast have lots more fun with. BUT more importantly, we are a test bed for the military, for the police departments.....with all the fun we are having, we all have a small part in helping protect the men and women of this country. When you put it in that light....doesnt it make you wanna just go out and have MORE fun???

And ya know, I dont care what side of the fence people are on with gun control......what we do is damn near patriotic when ya think of it. People like Jim.....should understand that, before they stick their foot in the mouth.....shoes really taste like crap.

The only thing more annoying that the Zumbos of the world (and there is no shortage of them in the shooting sports) are people who lie to line their pockets.

Zumbo is both, and that lands him squarely and permanently on the "Assholes I Wouldn't Piss on if They Were On Fire" list.

=====================================================

Could you please post the reference for where this statement for Remmy came from?

Thanks!

He knew damn good and well what he was writing the first time. The original article were his own thoughts and feelings.

The apology however is a bunch of crap. Although at times it is difficult to judge someone's motives the second article simply has too much baggage to be "foot in mouth".

This statement may have had a little influence.

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choice. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that Remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

Please feel Free to post that Remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner

CEO and President Remington Arms

Edited by EricW

=============================================

My letter to Mr. Zumbo's sponsors:

To: benglish@mossyoak.com, pstrickland@mossyoak.com, domain.admin@CABELAS.COM, corporate@cabelas.com, info@stoneypoint.com, hans@himtnjerky.com, kimberly@himtnjerky.com, connie@himtnjerky.com, olletters@time4.com, elizabeth.burnham@time4.com, ashley.rosenfeld@time4.com, amanda.gastelum@time4.com, kristen.baumgarten@time4.com, amanda.mcnally@time4.com, michael.haugen@remington.com, gregory.baradat@remington.com, eddie.stevenson@remington.com

To Whom It May Concern,

Regarding Jim Zumbo's opinions expressed here: http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02...lt_rifles_.html

There is no credible retraction for the thundering stupidity Mr. Zumbo expressed. Please re-evaluate your business relationship with Mr. Zumbo. It is absolutely incredible, that at such a critical juncture in the fight to preserve the Second Amendment that anyone in the shooting/hunting community would actually publicly roll over and give such assistance the enemies of the Second Amendment, the Constitution, and of freedom itself.

Yes, Mr. Zumbo has expressed regret, but I believe his only regret is the fear of impending loss of income. It would restore the shooting community's faith in your businesses if you assisted in realizing Mr. Zumbo's fears. In short, please show Mr. Zumbo the door. There is no redemption for his actions.

Best Regards,

Eric Wesselman

eric@ericwesselman.com

======================================================

Craig,

I didn't doubt it's authenticity. I just wanted contact info for Remmy, which I found on Jimmy's blog. ;)

E

======================================================

Contact info for the Outdoor Channel:

ahendrickson@outdoorchannel.com

cchaffin@outdoorchannel.com

mcorcoran@outdoorchannel.com

Edited by EricW

I don't believe he is sincere,just overwhelmed by the number of negative responses.

If he is not sincere, then why did he say it?

Listen, as a member of the media ( know because I am ) he knows that anything he says is marked in history. A media/public person knows this. What he said was thought out and he knew what he was saying.

I, as a sportsman/shooter am VERY disappointed in Jim Zumbo.

He just lost all credibility in my mind.

I was refering to his apology,he knew damn well he was speaking his true feelings in the first blog.

Eric

Hopefully you don't mind someone coping your list of e mails...I did and sent my own e mail to Zumbo's sponsors. It seems that a number of his sponsor's e mail address are now filled up and bouncing e mails back. I will be trying again tomorrow.

Eric

Hopefully you don't mind someone coping your list of e mails...I did and sent my own e mail to Zumbo's sponsors. It seems that a number of his sponsor's e mail address are now filled up and bouncing e mails back. I will be trying again tomorrow.

This post is everyone's authorization to copy away. If I find phone #'s for that dipsh*t's sponsors I'll be calling them.

No mercy.

The guidelines of this forum prevent me from fully expressing what I think of this asshat.

Consider the nastiest thing imaginable, and that's what I was thinking.

:angry::angry::angry:

++++++++++++++++

Edited to add -- This was post # 1911 for me. How appropriate that it was spent wishing terrible things upon one of our enemies.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he doesn't even own a 1911.... :huh:

Edited by ima45dv8

A very effective measure is to also grab a copy of outdoor life and send an email/phone call to each and every advertiser in the magazine expressing your unwillingness to support those who support asshats :D

That is what got the apology rolling.

Edited by smokshwn

What ticks me off almost as much as the first of his blog entries is how he tries to tell us all what a swell fellow he is in the second post. I don't give a darn if he wipes his butt with the Communist Manifesto, he still said what he said, and meant it when he said it. Apparently, his going hunting with Ted Nugent is going to make everything all better though, just like when a politician with an anti-gun voting record goes pheasant hunting during an election. We are all supposed to think everything is hunky dory because they are out afield with a shotgun in their hands. Old Jim will be just great in everyone's eyes as soon as he shoots a coyote with an AR. Sorry Jimbo, I'm just not that easy to fool.