Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jim Zumbo Removes His Foot From His Mouth.

GeorgeInNePa

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mr Zumbo is in a world of sh$$. and deserves what he gets !

He seemed like an elete, better than us type of guy,I wonder if he even cleans his own kills?

I am much more upset at the possibility of Ted Nugent destroying himself by trying to moderate on his behalf!

I allways saw Ted as a real guy, not a fake..a true sportsman who loves his freedom.

Loosing Zumbo has no affect on me, I couldnt care less for him!

However the prospect of loosing respect for Ted Nugent,.....kinda breaks my heart :(

Jim

I have sent thank you's to every one of the listed companies who dropped him and encouraged Cableas to do the same.

Is Ted N actually trying to mediate this?? Where is the info please. As far as the Mcrae turd and any NRA comments can someone list any info they have??

Im willing to write snail mail to the NRA and Ted if possible.

Edited by tnek

What has the NRA had to say about this?

They owe us a statement!!!

I think this is going to be challenging for the NRA. I'm sure the anti-gun groups monitor their website pretty closely. Any comment about Zumbo is likely to tip off the enemy that there is "descension in the ranks" and they could use it against us. I know that the NRA is aware of this, but it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Z,

I am fully in agreement that Zumbo deserves the firestorm that he has received, and will continue to receive.

HOWEVER, we do not want to create a larger rift by continuing to alienate others that feel educating and converting these idiots is better than simply burning them at the stake. If we are able to educate them they can assist us in the future. If we burn them they could be our future enemy.

Just a thought ...

Z,

I am fully in agreement that Zumbo deserves the firestorm that he has received, and will continue to receive.

HOWEVER, we do not want to create a larger rift by continuing to alienate others that feel educating and converting these idiots is better than simply burning them at the stake. If we are able to educate them they can assist us in the future. If we burn them they could be our future enemy.

Just a thought ...

I understand, but the NRA, the supposed defender of out 2nd Amendment rights, needs to say SOMETHING!!!

For completeness could we also have the text of his apology include in this thread also?

Not sure which disturbs :( me more watching a man self-destruct like Mr Zumbo has done or watching others revel in his demise. :angry:

mcb

Any chance someone has copied Zumbo's original blog? I missed out on reading the original and it's no longer available on the original links provided. I like to read if for myself. I didn't realize there was this type of division within the shooting community.

Here's the original text:

{snipped to keep size down}

Edited by mcb

For completeness could we also have the text of his apology include in this thread also?

Not sure which disturbs :( me more watching a man self-destruct like Mr Jumbo has done or watching others revel in his demise. :angry:

mcb

Anyone who is not with me, is against me. And I will fight for what is mine. Sorry, but I have strong feelings for what my rights are.

edited to add:

And HIS demise will send a message to any of his "brothers" that their gravy train is powered by the 2nd Amendment

Edited by zhunter

I understand, but the NRA, the supposed defender of out 2nd Amendment rights, needs to say SOMETHING!!!

Agreed, but I expect it to admonish his statements and lean toward education and uniting the groups rather than dividing them further.

Not sure which disturbs :( me more watching a man self-destruct like Mr Jumbo has done or watching others revel in his demise. :angry:

mcb

Anyone who is not with me, is against me. And I will fight for what is mine. Sorry, but I have strong feelings for what my rights are.

Don't get me wrong I am in no way defending what he wrote. He was wrong and offended many people with his comments. The firestorm of negative responses he brought down on himself is his own fault.

What I have a problem with are the few out there I have seen that are not merely angry at his word and want it made right but are actually enjoying watching him self-destruct. I believe he has gotten what he deserved but I in no way find joy in that. Those that do find joy in Mr Zumbo demise bother me.

For completeness I have included his follow up blog entry where he apologies.

I was wrong, BIG TIME

Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up. And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.

I take no joy in the Alpha Elmer Fudd pushing the Brady-patented "us against them" attack against private ownership of firearms.

I do take a certain vicious joy in Remington and several other big boys taking away Alpha Fudd's sponsorships based on Alpha Fudd's attack on gun rights.

While everyone in America, including Alpha Fudd, has the right to say what they want, they also must understand that taking advantage of that right has certain consequences. Too many "feel" that they can say what they want and anyone calling them on it is evil. Evil is when good people stand by and say nothing.

Remington is not evil.

Gerber...evil.

Easy ;)

Alex

Edited by Wakal

What I have a problem with are the few out there I have seen that are not merely angry at his word and want it made right but are actually enjoying watching him self-destruct. I believe he has gotten what he deserved but I in no way find joy in that. Those that do find joy in Mr Zumbo demise bother me.

I think it was Dumbo's elitist tone that helped many to enjoy his demise. He made it sound as if a hunter shooting a T/C Encore was so virtuous while anyone shooting a semi-auto was automatically a scoundrel. Once again, he takes a page from the anti's and assigns intent to an inanimate object

He does not understand...it's not about hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our second amendment rights have nothing to do with hunting!!

We dont have the RIGHT to hunt, we have the privilege of hunting; which we can loose if we fail to follow the laws of the state. ie. poaching, trespassing, etc.

Make no mistake...ANY infringement on our RIGHTS is something we loose forever!!

The evil that wants to totaly disarm the USA will take any small piece it can get ...then come back for more!

Hunters must FIRST defend our Rights to bear arms, then our privelege to hunt.

I am very angry over Zumbo's comments and I believe he is getting his due punishment!

We as responsible shooters and sportsmen do not revel in his problems.

However we do admire the sponsers who have taken the high road!

Under the circumstances and the great anger felt by us all, I am proud of the restraint we have shown in our responses!

Jim

Seems Outdoor Life has seen fit to pull his Blogs from their website. I was clicking on links and getting a 404 on all of them. You all may wish to edit the links out since they no longer work.

When you go to his blog, you get this little message.

Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo’s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the “Hunting With Zumbo” blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting.

Seems it was too hot a topic for OL to deal with.

Vince

It is nice to see that we understand that "words mean things......" :)

It will be interesting to see how the Industry's character will be shown in this episode....

DougC

Maybe Dumbo will win a journalism award, courtesy of the anti's, similar to the Dixie Ditzs.

Z,

Just a thought ...

Though I am not a member, I do not see how NRA can possibly say anything other than "Zumbo's comments were wrong" - in light of the NRA's long standing support for the CMP/DCM, Service Rifle competition, camp perry match etc. Are NRA Service rifles terrorist rifles? Of course not (except to those idiots in the Brady campaign).

I would not be surprised to see NRA keeping a low profile on this one though. There are plenty of hunters who are members of the NRA and who probably agree w/ Zumbo's original comment & don't agree w/ his apology. THEY are the ones we are really going to need on our side in the future. It won't be easy to convince them that THEY are next once ARs are banned, but I am in favor of educating them & keeping all gun owners together in this fight.

Don't let the antis use "divide & conquer" against us.

(PS - I am still going to buy that Remington. Great thing is: Remington does not even MAKE an AR and they still stood up for us. Way to go!).

Most Irony re: Remington

At the 2007 Shot Show, Big Green rolled out a whole basket of "tactical" products including a pump 7615's and semi 7415's that utilize AR magazines. They have a lot of money involved in the tactical good category and Zumbo's comments, being that he was a paid Remington spokesperson, represented a PR nightmare of the first degree.