Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L10 - Keep It Or Lose It?

Jack Suber

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not vote ..I dont shoot l-10

For my info..If L-10 goes away? will those people be able to shoot in some other class with the equipment they already have?

Jim

Supposedly, they would shoot in Limited. But what about those people who live in states that have outlawed hi-cap mags????? They are the ones that would get screwed, I think. Anyone from those states??? Please chime in.

Keep it.

Poor man's Limited and a great entry level division because it will accomodate almost any type of gun.

Lots of our new shooters start in L-10 with quite a few of them shooting the various brands of tupperware. A lot of IDPAers like it (along with Production) because they can be competitive with their IDPA gear, but can play with race rigs and gun mods as finances allow. I was a L-10 racer, but an equal number prefer to use Production-type rigs with the mag pouches moved.

Our attendance in L-10 is usually a couple of shooters more than Production. What we rarely see are Revolver shooters and PSSD shooters. I've never seen more than 1 shooter in either division; usually none at our local matches.

When I started, Limited was too expensive thanks to the Brady Bill. It won't be too long before we have another version in place.

My wife also started in L-10, but we've both since switched to Limited because we were sick to death of our division of choice being attacked all the time.

Thanks for asking the question.

Did you do the same poll at USPSA.ORG? Has greater weight there.

Nope, I haven't yet. I want to finish reviewing the the Proposed Rule Changes. I might have others to add. There is a poll option on USPSA's webpage? I have found it difficult to find things there, lately. Thanks.

Jack

I tried shooting Limited with my L-10 gear (Kimber SS .45 with race rig). A person can't be competitive with 10+1 in Limited. The classifiers aren't usually a problem, but too many stages will kill you with the extra reloads.

The first stage I shot in Limited with my SS .45 required 18 rounds from box A :( I've never seen that again, but it was a good clue that I wasn't shooting the right gun. At least the various brands of tupperware shooters can spend $100 or so on extensions and not be in bad shape (I'm guessing the XD and M&P have decent capacity with extensions).

I'd have to toss $400 worth of mags, buy a bunch of 8 rounders, remove some goodies from the gun, and buy a complete new rig for PSSD to shoot it with my L-10 gear. However I won't shoot such a restrictive division, same reason I have no interest in Production.

Did you do the same poll at USPSA.ORG? Has greater weight there.

I just put a poll on USPSA's website too. Be sure to vote there if you can.

Jack

I tried shooting Limited with my L-10 gear (Kimber SS .45 with race rig). A person can't be competitive with 10+1 in Limited. The classifiers aren't usually a problem, but too many stages will kill you with the extra reloads.

The first stage I shot in Limited with my SS .45 required 18 rounds from box A :( I've never seen that again, but it was a good clue that I wasn't shooting the right gun. At least the various brands of tupperware shooters can spend $100 or so on extensions and not be in bad shape (I'm guessing the XD and M&P have decent capacity with extensions).

I'd have to toss $400 worth of mags, buy a bunch of 8 rounders, remove some goodies from the gun, and buy a complete new rig for PSSD to shoot it with my L-10 gear. However I won't shoot such a restrictive division, same reason I have no interest in Production.

Jerry,

I agree. I think it going to hurt a lot of people who invested in equipment for L10. My main worry is that we now have a Democratic Senate and Congress. Its a matter of time before they start looking at the gun issue again - especially if they can get anywhere with Iraq. If they get the Whitehouse in 08, then we could see another Brady Bill coming through and we will be back at square one - having to change the rules to accomodate those who can acquire equipment for Limited. It seems some of our rule changes have been "reactive" and not proactive. I hope our leaders will re-think this one.

Sorta, but not quite.

An XD40 with extensions can get to 15.

Since many arrays are 8 shots, that means that you still have to do a reload somewhere in that second array.

L10 is great for those who want to tweak out their gun a bit, but don't have that 16 minimum, 19-20 recommended that Limited calls for.

Keep it until we find out who is the new President in '08, We may all be using 10 round magazines again....

Can you say Canada or California?

That is my worry with Hussein Obama, John Edwards, and Mr. Klinton ( I mean Mrs. Klinton). :D

Actually, I really am worried about it. Pretty soon the dems are going to figure out they painted themselves into a corner on Iraq. So, they are going to try to re-direct attention to domestic issues - i.e. gun control. The latest rounds of shootings will full it. If L10 goes away, it will take how long to re-instate if a ban goes into effect. I think I am going to have to email Mike Voight and my AD and ask them to consider this. It is a VERY REAL possibility....

BBunin

Thanks for the info. Not good news for XD shooters.

Jack

Did our AD discuss this issue with you at all before trying to kill off L-10 at the last BOD meeting?

I first learned of it reading the proposed rule change.... I knew that they were looking to do away with revolver division but I didn't have a clue about L10. No one contacted me or asked my opinon - I guess a Section Coordinators opinion doesn't matter. Anyone else?

That is my worry with Hussein Obama...

Actually, I really am worried about it. Pretty soon the dems are going to figure out they painted themselves into a corner on Iraq.

Jack -- how is that not gratuitous? I understand your point, but "Hussein Obama?" I read that, and it reminds me of hitting the wrong button on my car stereo and catching a snippet of fixed-income, elderly shut-in's, bitching about liberals on an AM-band talk station....

What does L-10 have to do with the war in Iraq? :)

IMO, look at it like this:

L-10 stays

2008 a new 'Brady Bill' is passed, and the Division becomes a *lot* more popular.

2008 -- ? no new Brady Bill is passed, and L-10 continues with more or fewer members, depending on how many a possible Single Stack Division cannibalizes.

L-10 goes

immediate loss of at least some percentage of membership

2008 a new 'Brady Bill' is passed, and the Division is reinstated. Since it doesn't require anything *new*, it should be trivial to resurrect.

2008 -- ? no new Brady Bill is passed, and business as usual...

Regardless of politics, I see more harm than good with killing off L10.

Steve

That is my worry with Hussein Obama...

Actually, I really am worried about it. Pretty soon the dems are going to figure out they painted themselves into a corner on Iraq.

Jack -- how is that not gratuitous? I understand your point, but "Hussein Obama?" I read that, and it reminds me of hitting the wrong button on my car stereo and catching a snippet of fixed-income, elderly shut-in's, bitching about liberals on an AM-band talk station....

What does L-10 have to do with the war in Iraq? :)

IMO, look at it like this:

L-10 stays

2008 a new 'Brady Bill' is passed, and the Division becomes a *lot* more popular.

2008 -- ? no new Brady Bill is passed, and L-10 continues with more or fewer members, depending on how many a possible Single Stack Division cannibalizes.

L-10 goes

immediate loss of at least some percentage of membership

2008 a new 'Brady Bill' is passed, and the Division is reinstated. Since it doesn't require anything *new*, it should be trivial to resurrect.

2008 -- ? no new Brady Bill is passed, and business as usual...

Regardless of politics, I see more harm than good with killing off L10.

Steve

You do know that Barrak's middle name is Hussein, don't you?I am not trying to be a smart ass, it really is. They are going to use that to eat him up in the primaries. I believe that will cause a meltdown for the democrats similar to what Ross Perot did to the Republicans. Of course, if the Republicans can't field a good candidate, then it will be moot.

Edited by Jack Suber

You do know that Barrak's middle name is Hussein, don't you?I am not trying to be a smart ass, it really is. They are going to use that to eat him up in the primaries. I believe that will cause a meltdown for the democrats similar to what Ross Perot did to the Republicans. Of course, if the Republicans can't field a good candidate, then it will be moot.

Ha! In complete honesty, I did not.

Still think my sentiment was correct, but I feel awful silly. :)

Ha! In complete honesty, I did not.

Still think my sentiment was correct, but I feel awful silly. :)

Mitt romney's hat is in the ring. Also, did you know that Baraks birthday is the same day the Romans destroyed the second temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD?

Keep it until we find out who is the new President in '08, We may all be using 10 round magazines again....

Can you say Canada or California?

Or Massachusetts? Yes, I live in this strange part of the country, acutually less than 2 miles from New Hampshire. Our weird laws up here might migrate to other parts of the country, or even worse. Sorry Merlin.....maybe even Texas and Arizona too....

Rob Boudrie can give better explanations to what we live with here. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Edited by Dan Sierpina