Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ga State Uspsa Match

My hotel reservations got cancelled at the Quality Inn yesterday. Appaently because I'm not with the GA police and Fire Games?

I'm left scambling for a room. If you see a sleepy guy in a white Avalanche, Do not disturb!

Sgtis108

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hotel reservations got cancelled at the Quality Inn yesterday. Appaently because I'm not with the GA police and Fire Games?

I'm left scambling for a room. If you see a sleepy guy in a white Avalanche, Do not disturb!

Sgtis108

Did you try Ramada Inn? They were cheaper anyway.

Just wanted to tell Carlos, Roger, Debbie and crew that they did a great job with the match. We shot on Friday (squad 13) with Steve, Fred, Tony, Johnny, Greg, Gilbert, Joseph, Mark, and Dan. Great stages and a great range. Thanks to my squad for their patience with the younger guys.

Again, the Cherokee Gun Club crew put on another great match. I wish I would have shot better but I had a great time. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Ditto what Jack said. Great match. Thanks Roger, Carlos and all the many others that made this happen.

If anyone ever tells you that USPSA is a hosefest with easy to hit targets , has not been exposed to these crafty stage designers in Georgia. These were good stages that made you work for your targets. Great job guys and gals.

Mark

It was a great match, but I'm not surprised. I've come to expect it from these folks.

What I can't understand is how they managed the weather so well. :D

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard so that we could come out and play.

Just got back from another great Georgia State Match.

I love this sport and it wouldn't happen without guys like Carlos and Roger that are willing to saddle up and do the hard work.

Thanks to them and to all the staff and RO's that make this match go.

Tony

Got back to MD at about 1:30 this morning, sheeesh, what a trip. Everything went smoothly except for that big traffic jam on I-85 North!

What a great match, it was a lot of fun and it was good to see everyone again. A huge thanks to Roger, Carlos, and everyone else who worked hard to pull this match off. We were moving along at warp speed until we hit stage 8 (the Standards) and the backup continued to the stage 9. It was no big deal though as we were still done with the match on time. The stages were a lot of fun to shoot and once again I walked away with some good learning points.

As far as preparing for the Nationals goes, even though the stages had a lot of open targets I tried to go "penalty and D" free. Not including the Standards, I had 1 D and no penalties and that D was planned on the swinger on stage 9 (those who shot the match know...) I trashed stage 8 though, with a miss (called that one, the darn gun went off before I wanted it to...), 4 D's, and a dropped reload! Oh well.

Thanks again everyone, job well done. Congrats to the winners.

Oh yeah, one other thing about this match.

The half day format rocks.

Running through 9 stages in an afternoon with small squads really keeps things flowing.

I like the quick pace and not having to wait so long between stages.

With less standing and waiting to shoot I am less fatigued at the end of the day.

I like it.

Tony

Thank you for the kind words. Carlos and I would really like to thank the RO's and other staff. They are the ones that make it possible. Bill and Ed in stats and Debi in registration were invaluable. Many thanks to Bobby Crump for being our Rangemaster as well, he has done so 3 of the 4 years that we hosted the match.

Thanks to our Match Sponsor Glock as well as all of our other sponsors; S&W, STI, Speed Shooters Specialties, DocterUSA, Millenium Custom, CPWSA, SAW Custom and TechWear to name a few!

Most of all thanks to the competitors that come and shoot this match. We really appreciate your support and hope you enjoyed our range and the stages this year.

Just as an FYI we will be on hiatus for 2008. Cherokee Gun Club has hosted our State Championship for the last four years running and we will be taking a break. A decision regarding venue has not yet been made but we do have a new GA club NW of Atlanta that may want to give it a whirl!

Thanks again