Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ga State Uspsa Match

As the title says, anyone have confirmed info on this match? I have heard through the grapevine that it will be at Cherokee Gun Club again, but that is rumor right now. I'm trying to plan vacation time for different matches and any help will be great.

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

ETA 01-13-07: I spoke w/ the Match directors today and they informed me that it is the 3rd weekend of June (15th & 16th) with the same match format as the past couple years. Roger Kooi said he should be making the announcement in a few weeks here and on USPSA website.

Edited by GlockSpeed31

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up at South River at a match Sunday and a little bird told me the GA State match was indeed going to be held at Cherokee and will be the second weekend in June which is the weekend after the A4 match and the weekend before the nats. I haven't see any applications yet.

TP

Are these dates firm? Would it include Sunday, the 17th ?

These are the dates the MD's told me, but they will be making the "Official" announcement in a few weeks. As for the Sunday date, that is a No-Go. They have an agreement with the range & gun club of no sport shooting on Sunday's. So it will be Friday & Saturday only, in the Half day format like they had done in the past few years.

These are in fact the dates. June 15-16. Friday and Saturday, we don't shoot on Sunday until after 12:30 PM. Half day format (just like the last 3 at Cherokee.) 9 stages to be shot in one session. Choose one; Friday, Saturday AM or Saturday PM. First come first served and squads are limited to 7 shooters each. I hope to have the entry form available by the 2nd week of February. More details when available will be on www.cherokeeipsc.org

Thanks!

Edited by RKooi

• 2 weeks later...
I was up at South River at a match Sunday and a little bird told me the GA State match was indeed going to be held at Cherokee and will be the second weekend in June which is the weekend after the A4 match and the weekend before the nats. I haven't see any applications yet.

TP

Correcting mistakes........... :(

Actually it was a highly reliable source and the 3rd weekend(after consulting a calender). :huh:

• 2 months later...

We still have quite a bit of room left. We usually see the bulk of the entries come in during the month before match date. With the half day format and smaller squad size, it is important to get your entry in if you want Sat. AM especially. I will try to keep updating here as we get closer.

• 2 weeks later...

My check cleared a couple of weeks ago that I had sent in February. Not to worry though. We'll get the info we need by the time we need it. MDs and the worker bees have concerns other then IPSC. I'm going to act like I am being patient. What would it be like to have no concerns other than IPSC??